[LEAK/DEV][ICS 4.0.3] Acer_AV041_A500_0.009.00_WW_GEN1

Search This thread

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
You guys give me a little, and I'll see what's up

I suspect it is with the EXT3 and EXT4 partitions during install.

Probably the same as I have with my Alex 3.2.1 "factory" rom.

Means you will have to run the install 2 times with RA, maybe 3 times with CWM.

Will post results in a little while.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Cache - EXT3
System- EXT4
Data-EXT4
Flexrom-Ext4

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Oh man u are the **** how do u do it ... how do u do it you! If I could kiss ya I would

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
I set my partitions exactly that way and the result was the same - stuck on the Acer screen. Now I'm having difficulty switching data back to ext3 (that was the only change I made).

Was just stating EXT. Haven't looked at devBlocks yet

Just flash back to your recovery image. Didn't tell anybody to change them.

Will quit for today.

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I'm sorry am I reading correctly even if I use RA recovery It can't be flashed on a500? If I can I don't lose recovery if I try I'm sorry but I'm confused now r

Thanks

Brett

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
Oh man u are the **** how do u do it ... how do u do it you! If I could kiss ya I would

Dinc... don't kiss me. Not necessary. My wife does that (and a couple of girls I know) And I suspect, you are not the correct gender ;)

Thank Vache for giving you all this rom.

gotroot801

Jun 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Was just stating EXT. Haven't looked at devBlocks yet

Just flash back to your recovery image. Didn't tell anybody to change them.

Will quit for today.

I hope you aren't quitting on my account.

Something similar happened to me before and I know how to get back to a workable config. No worries. I figured it was worth a shot.

Has anyone been daring enough to try the official Acer file that replaces the bootloader on an A500?

Last edited:

CheopsChefren

Mar 20, 2010
Got it installed on my A500, the stock version. Running very well! (As i couldnt install the cmw version - stuck at ACER logo). But now i realise i want to be able to use superuser again, and thats not working. I can not even boot in recovery anymore. Any ideas how to be able to flash/wipe/etc. from recovery again, or better, how to get a working cwm recovery or ra recovery on my no longer rooted a500 again?

smaury

Jan 6, 2009
Turin
www.shielder.it
Got it installed on my A500, the stock version. Running very well! (As i couldnt install the cmw version - stuck at ACER logo). But now i realise i want to be able to use superuser again, and thats not working. I can not even boot in recovery anymore. Any ideas how to be able to flash/wipe/etc. from recovery again, or better, how to get a working cwm recovery or ra recovery on my no longer rooted a500 again?

+As vache said that apx mode is working you can use an EUU update from vache's OTA thread to go back stock!

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005

Next time, read the OP properly before leaping blindly. You'll need to use APX mode to downgrade using the EUU method.

Top Liked Posts