[MOD] Camera from HTC Amaze 4G, v0.11

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 184

By igor.bezkrovny, Senior Member on 14th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2012, 03:56 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Just to add some thoughts to the topic. here's 2 pis using the Amaze port, one is 2D (IMAG0140) one is 3D JPS (IMAG0136). This is supposed to be crips 2560x1440 pictures, still, it looks like interpolated ones :/ I am wonder what the heck with providing quality optical components for the whole device to sustain its pretensions ? Sure the companion ASIC might help, but...

hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/imag0140bg.jpg/
hxxp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/513/imag0136x.jpg/

If this is supposed 100% JPeG quality, I'm happy it ain't worse. About the movie, never succeeded in shooting a 1920x1080 one, and while I switched on 20mbps H264 (to ensure correct bitrate even in 3D mode) I always get variable FPS (from 5 to 29,97 fps max) and variable BITRATE (never gone up to 5mbps while having select 20mbps)

Thus, the 1280x720 movies always gets blurry, and if I stood still, I can get correct picture quality that is interpolated looking again.

What's wrong with the Evo 3D camera ? Sure, I know it's not a dedicated camera, but I'm very disappointed from the "commercials" and from what I get into hands. This was supposed to be a premium quality device, at least its price was premium.

Sure igor have quit upgrading this camera port, but cannot these issues somewhat be solved by software ? Or should I have to thrown this device like a brick in a river, and seek for a better one ?

Kochise

7th February 2012, 09:10 AM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I have a question (problem) ... Only me when switch off the camera I hear a strange sound like a shutter?
This sound there is with Fotocamera app default and with Amaze.
Also this happens when I switch front-rear camera

Sorry for my bad english
8th February 2012, 05:10 PM |#483  

More
Go to "Parameters \ Sound \ Screen locking " -> Uncheck

Kochise
8th February 2012, 07:49 PM |#484  
Flag Near Chicago
Thanks Meter: 290

More
I wonder why nobody has picked this up again yet. The Amaze camera is far superior to the stock camera and pretty much any camera app that I've ever attempted to use on my phone. The low-light software noise reduction is top-notch and the general processing of captured photos is way up there in quality.

I guess phone camera quality is low on the list for most people?
11th February 2012, 04:51 PM |#485  
Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed it but panorama did not work.I am not satisfied it.
17th February 2012, 01:25 AM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I have a problem with the Amaze camera and im surprised no one has mentioned it before.

When I am to take a picture with flash, I go to take it and flash illuminates object fine, but just before the shutter opens to take the picture, the flash goes super bright... too bright for the object and makes it white and unviewable.

Is there anyway I can turn the extra bright flash off and just have the usual one?
19th February 2012, 05:24 PM |#487  
Flag San Marcos Ca
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I wonder if some of the Amaze camera improvements will be integrated into the Evo3D when ICS hits?
20th February 2012, 10:09 PM |#488  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XandroidX

I wonder if some of the Amaze camera improvements will be integrated into the Evo3D IF ICS hits?

fixed ! How can it be possibe than 5 months after the release of ICS it's not yet even available ? Not just HTC, but any other brand ? Is that so much difficult to upgrade Android ?

Kochise
21st February 2012, 05:04 PM |#489  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 22

More
if the source is available, cant someone continue work on this?
mainly coz new anthrax supports zsl..
22nd February 2012, 06:35 PM |#490  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotaru

what changes would you like to see?

further development..
implementation of zls features..

Camera ZSL framework in place for 2D
It provides support for
SmartShot™ - takes 5 photos and compiles the best parts to create one perfect shot.
BurstShot™ - capture 5 consecutive shots with just one click, so you never miss the action.
SweepShot™ panorama - take ultrawide shots then sweep in any direction.
ClearShot™ HDR - see crystal clear detail even when shooting in mixed or direct light.
as well as ZERO SHUTTER LAG <--- features of the kernel..
if these could be enabled..

and other bugs fixed..
22nd February 2012, 06:49 PM |#491  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Arrow
... ability to disable the extra bright flash ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc tweaked camera

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)