FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

HTC DUMLOCK - Flash boot from recovery without fastboot! (Updated 2012-02-28 v2)

1,690 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,847

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd February 2012, 12:51 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247

Yes, but the point is to avoid fastboot.

True. But I would think there would be a way to duplicate the fastboot behavior and boot from an alternate image file without requiring the use of a PC.

23rd February 2012, 12:55 AM |#12  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO

Donate to Me
More
You can only issue fastboot commands from an external device via USB while your Rezound is in fastboot mode in the bootloader.
23rd February 2012, 12:58 AM |#13  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 3,123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyNailz

True. But I would think there would be a way to duplicate the fastboot behavior and boot from an alternate image file without requiring the use of a PC.

This is that way lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App
23rd February 2012, 01:09 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Not quite. I don't believe the fastboot method actually flashes anything to the boot image, so this method leaves more room for error due to the process of saving / flashing / restoring the boot image.
23rd February 2012, 01:11 AM |#15  
Flag The Sticks of Indiana
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Totally awesome gentlemen. I cannot wait to install this on my phone.
23rd February 2012, 01:18 AM |#16  
Flag Ann Arbor

More
Quote:

Not quite. I don't believe the fastboot method actually flashes anything to the boot image, so this method leaves more room for error due to the process of saving / flashing / restoring the boot image.

That is the only way to do it without fastboot.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irieone

Totally awesome gentlemen. I cannot wait to install this on my phone.

I am building a GUI for this so it will be pretty sick. Should be out tomorrow night.
The Following User Says Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift con247 Ad-Free
23rd February 2012, 01:25 AM |#17  
Flag Momence
Thanks Meter: 2,063

Donate to Me
More
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalkwa
23rd February 2012, 01:31 AM |#18  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag KC MO

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sure, but this method doesn't require a computer (or other external device) for those times when you are away from a computer. You can't do the fastboot method without a second device.
23rd February 2012, 01:56 AM |#19  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 147

More
The 3D had a program called Flash Image GUI. It did what we're trying to accomplish here. Interestingly enough the program "worked" but it wasn't nearly as reliable as the fastboot method

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium App
23rd February 2012, 02:22 AM |#20  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 147

More
And please don't take any of what I say a hating. I am merely discussing and spitballing. Lord knows that with the drama over at the 3D forums and Chad kernels I am not trying to bring that hate here. Not in the slightest.

I will post this in the other thread too. Thanks for all your hard work sir!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium App
23rd February 2012, 03:57 AM |#21  
Flag Ann Arbor

More
I am almost finished with a recovery file that will unify all the functions of Troy's tool as well as adding a couple extras with a single zip that uses the touchscreen in recovery.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to con247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift con247 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)