Originally Posted by AstroDigital
I do know know most people here are American but I am looking for one thread that talks about the risk of putting a "Skyrocket ROM" in a "Galaxy S2 LTE"
1) Is it true AT&T and Rogers use the same frequencies?
2) Is it true hardware wise a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and Galaxy S2 LTE are the same?
3) General Speaking a ROM that says it is for Skyrocket change the APN and it will work with LTE? Rogers APN settings?
Many developers call their ROMs xxxxx skyrocket ROM I want to know if they need to be avoided or with a simple APN edit will they work on Canadian devices.
1) Rogers LTE is on AWS (1700) while AT&T is on 700mhz. However, the phone supports both 700 and 1700 bands.
2) Yeah they're the same phones. Even the SGH-T989 and T989D are almost identical in hardware, except the LTE chip of course.
3) Pretty much