Incipio Silicrylic Incredible 2 Case??

Search This thread

Drachenlord

Dec 8, 2011
Port Charlotte, FL
I have that exact case, and I love it, even comes with a new screen protector that's very nice... I had an otterbox, but I hated how bulky it made my phone... this isn't nearly as bulky and gives the phone a good deal of protection as well... I currently alternate between this and an Incipio Feather case depending on what I'm doing and how much protection the phone needs.

I have that exact case, and I love it, even comes with a new screen protector that's very nice... I had an otterbox, but I hated how bulky it made my phone... this isn't nearly as bulky and gives the phone a good deal of protection as well... I currently alternate between this and an Incipio Feather case depending on what I'm doing and how much protection the phone needs.

Awesome. I'm also wanting to keep my otterbox but I know the screen protector gets in the way of the one in the otterbox. (experience with zagg invisibleSHIELD). Could I just take the screen out of the otterbox to use the one that comes with the incipio and pop the OB on whenever I needed it??

Sent from my Mikrunny'd Superphone using Magic (TapaTalk)

RRF12

Sep 4, 2011
Yes you can i removed the screen shield out of mine an use a aftermarket one. My wife has the incipico case like that on her phone seems very good if you want to down size.

Reactions: HypostaticOnion

seejoshplay

Jun 15, 2011
Washington, DC
Hey - question for people who have this case.

Is the inner layer pure silicone? Could you cut the back out to accomodate the extended battery? I have had a really hard time cutting up TPU, but I would gladly try to cut silicone. That seems much better.

If anyone has one of these and wants to sell, that would be AWESOME. I would love to see if I could just cut the back out for the extended battery and use this case like a bumper.

So - anyone who owns this case, would that work or am i crazy?

p.s. i am actually crazy so if you could speak just to the idea rather than to me and my own crazy, that would be super.

Amphibliam

Feb 28, 2011
The inner silicone ripped for me. I didn't do anything weird to it, and only had it for about 1.5 months. I don't really recommend it.

The inner silicone ripped for me. I didn't do anything weird to it, and only had it for about 1.5 months. I don't really recommend it.

Could it have been a lemon maybe?? I mean it looks good. I know someone has one for their iPhone and it seems pretty solid.

I was thinking either this one or the commuter.

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
I like the look of the case (I have the white/grey one), but the silicon is super flimsey and cheap. I believe it would rip. I use that case very infrequently, and didn't like the screen cover.

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
My personal preference has lied with the Seidio Surface case for a long time. Thin, Sleek, and Tough. Saved my Eris and DInc2 from many many falls and borderline throws.

I don't like anything with silicon. Always too floppy. Bulky cases are too bulky. TPU never fits like I want it to.

Reactions: HypostaticOnion
My personal preference has lied with the Seidio Surface case for a long time. Thin, Sleek, and Tough. Saved my Eris and DInc2 from many many falls and borderline throws.

I don't like anything with silicon. Always too floppy. Bulky cases are too bulky. TPU never fits like I want it to.

Awesome. Thanks bud.

What do you think about the active vs the surface??

Last edited:

TheAtheistReverend

Mar 29, 2010
Minneapolis
Awesome. Thanks bud.

What do you think about the active vs the surface??

Looks like the active has silicon, so I have immediate reservations about it because of just that. But I have never actually touched one, so I don't know if it is the usual floppy stuff; which by the way many say attracts lint like a magnet, but my experience hasn't been quite that bad.
I think it looks like a variation of the silicrilic one mentioned earlier. So I won't be spending my money on it.
If you do end up with one of these, I hope you let us know what you think of it.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

Looks like the active has silicon, so I have immediate reservations about it because of just that. But I have never actually touched one, so I don't know if it is the usual floppy stuff; which by the way many say attracts lint like a magnet, but my experience hasn't been quite that bad.
I think it looks like a variation of the silicrilic one mentioned earlier. So I won't be spending my money on it.
If you do end up with one of these, I hope you let us know what you think of it.

I will. I'm still looking.

I mean I have a defender case and its silicone rubber on the outside.

What do you think of the silicon part of the case? Does the texture or "floppy-ness" bother you?

Not really but its stretched over a plastic skeleton, so idk if its a fair comparison. But I do like it.

rjason09

Feb 29, 2012
Could it have been a lemon maybe?? I mean it looks good. I know someone has one for their iPhone and it seems pretty solid.

I was thinking either this one or the commuter.

I had this case break on me too after about 6 months of use..the top corner of the hard plastic broke off by the power button (It broke wile i was pushing the power button just like I normally would). I carried the phone in my jeans pocket and it was sometimes difficult to pull out. The silicone eventually seemed to get stretched out on the bottom from pulling it out, and it attracted lint like crazy. I would recommend this case if you were going to carry it in your pocket a few times, or if you would put it in a leather holster or something of that nature.

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
Mine actually just broke this past weekend. The plasic shell by the volume rocker cracked. Not sure how either. Ive used silicrylic cases on my past two blackberries and loved them but i dont like it the same on my dinc2. Incipio is really good about replacing their failed cases tho. If you care to ship your broken case back to them, they should have no problem replacing it for u.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

Reactions: rjason09

Tarpit_Carnivore

Apr 13, 2010

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found this on Amazon, and was wondering what you guys think about its quality. I currently have an Otterbox Defender, and I'm kinda wanting to downsize. Anyone have any experience with Incipio cases??

Yes you can i removed the screen shield out of mine an use a aftermarket one. My wife has the incipico case like that on her phone seems very good if you want to down size.

Mine actually just broke this past weekend. The plasic shell by the volume rocker cracked. Not sure how either. Ive used silicrylic cases on my past two blackberries and loved them but i dont like it the same on my dinc2. Incipio is really good about replacing their failed cases tho. If you care to ship your broken case back to them, they should have no problem replacing it for u.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium