(GUIDE)How to get ROOT,WIFI+BT, CWM Recovery, Face unclock + Gapps for ICS BETA

Search This thread

dinesh690

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 9, 2011
UK
Hey Guys, Just thought I would put together everything in one thread for everyone so you guys can get everything available for ICS beta atm, Most of this is thanks to DoomLord! :D

Firstly, To have CWM Recovery, Hotboot any kernel. I will explain :)

1. Download a kernel e.g Doomkernel v19 and hotboot via fast boot
Type in Fastboot boot boot.img
Then boot while repeatly pressing back button/volume rockets to enter recovery.
This will not flash this kernel only boot it so nothing else required :)
2. Then get into recovery by pressing volume rockers and flash whatever you need, after this reboot your device and thats it:D
Well it does require you to have PC access everytime you want recovery but it will have to do for now

OR for easier way simply install this CWM installer made by pvyparts which works fine with ics beta rom and don't need PC for it.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437840
It could cause issues as this CWM isn't made for this but no issues have been reported as of now.

To Get faceunclock and google apps such as market, gmail:

1. Go to FXP Cm9 thread and download their latest gapps and flash via recovery( use method above for recovery)

To get ROOT access:

1.Flash the superuser fix via recovery ( access recovery via method above)
2. Go to the market and download busybox by Stephen Sterricson and then select any version of busybox and install it. NOW YOU HAVE ROOT :)

Thanks to Binary, We have WIFI And Bluetooth now too. Go into build.prop via Root explorer, OI file manager (free) or other file explorers:
add these lines into system/build.prop
persist.wifienabled=1
persist.btenabled=1

OR flash the package by Doomlord via recovery ( use method above). Much easier :D

Now we have everything that is needed :D Thanks to Binary and Doomlord once more.

Last edited:

pushtostop

Jan 4, 2011
wexford
You can just hot boot doomkernel after installing se boot.img by

Fastboot boot boot.img

Once u restart from recovery it will revert to the original kernel

Sent from here to there.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinesh690

crimilde

Feb 8, 2011
Bucharest
Hi guys,

I think Bin4ry's fix was that there's a line in build.prop called persist.wifienabled which needs to be set to 1 (true).
I'm backing up my ROM and then I'll try it on my arc, see if it works.

Cheers

EDIT: it works perfectly ;-)

Last edited:

hemo1001

Dec 9, 2008
Riyadh
AWEEEEEEEEESOME .... WIfi and BT works now thanks to doom and bin4ry

you need to:-

1- use any kernel to just boot into CWM
2- flash this package : http://xdaforums.com/show...38&postcount=2 .... i deleted the first presist in the package . i don't know if it's necessery or not
3-turn off device
4-flash SE kernel Again (UMAD? SE kernel )
5-Enjoy Wifi And BT and the whole ICS .
6-good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: dinesh690

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Will the Same procedure apply for Xperia Ray??.. :confused:

I want to Flash this, really dont know how.. I have my Xperia Ray unlocked via Test Point method so what should I do? Need just a hint...:)

dinesh690

Retired Forum Moderator
Dec 9, 2011
UK
How to flash the SE Beta ROM? Urm its linked in the SE thread, heres how to do it though. Its all flashed via fastboot btw. Extract the package to fast boot folder and copy and paste userdata.img, system.img and boot.img to fastboot folder. Then open command prompt and:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash system system.img

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, Just thought I would put together everything in one thread for everyone so you guys can get everything available for ICS beta atm, Most of this is thanks to DoomLord! :D

Firstly, To have CWM Recovery, Hotboot any kernel. I will explain :)

1. Download a kernel e.g Doomkernel v19 and hotboot via fast boot
    Type in Fastboot boot boot.img
    Then boot while repeatly pressing back button/volume rockets to enter recovery.
    This will not flash this kernel only boot it so nothing else required :)
    2. Then get into recovery by pressing volume rockers and flash whatever you need, after this reboot your device and thats it:D
    Well it does require you to have PC access everytime you want recovery but it will have to do for now

OR for easier way simply install this CWM installer made by pvyparts which works fine with ics beta rom and don't need PC for it.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1437840
    It could cause issues as this CWM isn't made for this but no issues have been reported as of now.

To Get faceunclock and google apps such as market, gmail:

1. Go to FXP Cm9 thread and download their latest gapps and flash via recovery( use method above for recovery)

To get ROOT access:

1.Flash the superuser fix via recovery ( access recovery via method above)
    2. Go to the market and download busybox by Stephen Sterricson and then select any version of busybox and install it. NOW YOU HAVE ROOT :)

Thanks to Binary, We have WIFI And Bluetooth now too. Go into build.prop via Root explorer, OI file manager (free) or other file explorers:
    add these lines into system/build.prop
    persist.wifienabled=1
    persist.btenabled=1

OR flash the package by Doomlord via recovery ( use method above). Much easier :D

Now we have everything that is needed :D Thanks to Binary and Doomlord once more.
    Better flash a package to enabled wifi and bt.
    In just 30 mins i got too much pn's about how to edit the file oO ....

Regards
    How to flash the SE Beta ROM? Urm its linked in the SE thread, heres how to do it though. Its all flashed via fastboot btw. Extract the package to fast boot folder and copy and paste userdata.img, system.img and boot.img to fastboot folder. Then open command prompt and:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    Dude, you are supposed to flash via fastboot, not flash tool even if it does work. Try that and i bet itll all be fine.
    Anyone has workaround already for permanent CWM?

You can try to use kernel I prepared for 0%-battery phones: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22905606&postcount=903

Includes CWM5 (by FXP).

Cheers,
    z