Originally Posted by INeFFeCTiVE
Seriously... no other mirror's?
---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------
Originally Posted by SayWhat10
also do we unzip the file? or just flash the zip (like CWM)
This is what worked for me:
1. Download mashi's file onto your desktop. Use 7zip and extract it.
1. download Odin 1.85 onto your PC and install it (actually you might not have to install it, just extract it and have it ready).
2. Download the drivers for your phone on the PC and install it. Then plug in your phone to make sure it works -- it seems to take a while to get everything working. If you get an error, try rebooting and try again. Also, try using the cable that came with your phone -- 3d party cables don't always seem to work. If it still doesn't work, try another USB port.
3. Turn off your phone and uplug it. Take the battery out of your phone, put it back in, and hold the volume down button and power button at the same time. Keep them held down until the phone starts buzzing and you see the Samsung name.
4. At this point you are either in download mode or the phone will tell you to hit volume up, at which point you'll be ready.
5. Run Odin on your PC -- right click and choose "Run as Administrator" just to be safe.
6. Plug your phone into your PC.
7. In the Odin screen, wait until one of the top boxes turns yellow and displays some numbers.
8. UNCHECK all the boxes except for Auto Reboot.
9. Hit the PDA button and navigate to mashi's file that you unzipped.
10. Hit start
11. wait until your phone reboots.
12. If it didn't work, try rebooting and starting from scratch.
13. Papashex says:
verify super user app now present. Update super user app (optional).