[DFT] BT File Transfer

881 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,472

By Cotulla, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 23rd February 2012, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2012, 12:02 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Manage to install and transfer to intrinsic rom from Kaiser wm 6.1.although it stated not connected at my hd7 .
25th February 2012, 12:27 AM |#52  
Flag Ho Chi Minh city
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thanks you very much! It work on Samsung Omnia7!
25th February 2012, 01:31 AM |#53  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
It's actually really funny that people still use TouchXplorer. TX is slow and limited, in part because it uses HtcFileUtility.dll for high-privilege access. The funny thing is that basically no phones have a working HtcFileUtility driver anymore, except for custom ROMs, and custom ROMs are fully unlocked and can use native filesystem APIs instead. These are faster, provide more info, support more operations, and don't require tacking an outdated HTC driver into a custom ROM (which might not even be for an HTC phone).
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 03:50 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Great work! Cotulla! Works for my HD7, keep up the good work! Thanks!
25th February 2012, 06:12 AM |#55  
Flag Los Altos
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does not work on my interop and developer unlocked version (Verizon HTC Trophy). I have installed Advanced Config and Touchexperience without any problems.

I get "Installation fails. Please report " and then the "Please wait" which just does not go away.

..Ramesh
25th February 2012, 06:57 AM |#56  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
It says very clearly in the first post that this won't work on interop-unlock, it requires full-unlock (which currently means custom ROMs only). If you'd tried it and it had worked, *that* would have been worthy of posting about...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 07:43 AM |#57  
Minsk
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

It says very clearly in the first post ...

He-he... Who the hell wants to read these pink letters in the first post?... They are for noobs And here each guy with more than 10 postings is a high professional
The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewSh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndrewSh Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 12:09 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Yes, the bold pink warning message isn't important
25th February 2012, 01:39 PM |#59  
Flag always on the run
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Pink is for chicks. Real man likes chicks only to explain what is pink for. Sorry for off topic, but I love when people just try and try and than they say is crap:P
25th February 2012, 01:40 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Either I'm a full blown retard or I'm missing something.

I have DFT's ROM installed on my Omnia 7, Sideloaded the xap, told me to restart, restarted, app launches, etc.
So I enable bluetooth, with Jaxbot's tip to open the bluetooth menu to find the phone on my laptop. However, as soon as I want to send a file, Windows gives me a nice loading popup saying "No FTP services were found" or something along those lines.

And yes, my laptop has bluetooth :| Maybe I'm missing a driver or something?
25th February 2012, 01:43 PM |#61  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,472

More
Quote:

Yes, the bold pink warning message isn't important

Yes, I predicted that

Quote:

it is not as quick and easy

Quote:

It's actually really funny that people still use TouchXplorer. TX is slow and limited, in part because it uses HtcFileUtility.dll for high-privilege access. The funny thing is that basically no phones have a working HtcFileUtility driver anymore, except for custom ROMs, and custom ROMs are fully unlocked and can use native filesystem APIs instead. These are faster, provide more info, support more operations, and don't require tacking an outdated HTC driver into a custom ROM (which might not even be for an HTC phone).

Are there alternative already?
We though about developing some kind of "DFT Extensions" which assume to include most custom stuffs connected with each other. Like with menu for pictures "Send via bluetooth..." and etc. Or send files from file explorer like it was on WM Maybe ever some archive application.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cotulla Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, dft, wp7, xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)