[ROM][RADIO]UCLA3 2.3.6 STOCK ROM(NOciq)/UCLA3 Modem/FEB 24

Search This thread

freeman9911

Oct 15, 2007
I was on the UCLA3 ROM and RADIO but not kernel. I've just applied the Kernel (Thanks Silver) and that worked just fine. It also fixed the tethering problem

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
New ROM not up yet, right?

Sorry, I've just been watching this thread all day as you guys figure it out and just don't want to miss it if I don't have to.

I have the kernel and baseband sitting on my SD card.
Just need the ROM. Unless someone is going to package the whole thing together. Is that even possible?

Last two questions:

1. Is there a best practice when installing multiple components? ROM->Baseband->Kernel?
2. Do I need to reboot after installing each component or can I do all three right in a row from CWM and then boot?

Again, thanks for the hard work. Wish I knew how to do this stuff so I could help out instead of being a sorry ass moocher. ;p

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Sorry, I've just been watching this thread all day as you guys figure it out and just don't want to miss it if I don't have to.

I have the kernel and baseband sitting on my SD card.
Just need the ROM. Unless someone is going to package the whole thing together. Is that even possible?

Last two questions:

1. Is there a best practice when installing multiple components? ROM->Baseband->Kernel?
2. Do I need to reboot after installing each component or can I do all three right in a row from CWM and then boot?

Again, thanks for the hard work. Wish I knew how to do this stuff so I could help out instead of being a sorry ass moocher. ;p

Wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik for rom flashing.
Wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik to flash modem and kernal.

Reboot after each flash. I have flashed roms and kernals one after another in cwm. But its probably not recommended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
updated rom is uploading now...errors were fixed....su problem was fixed. its zipaligned. and wipes for you.

silver: as posted, your UCLA3 kernel zip flashed/works perfectly. Question regarding your statement "updated rom uploading now.. errors fixed.. .su fixed". Yesterday I flashed the imperfect "fcm-15-18-2012-02-21.zip" ROM and "UCLA3modem.zip". This morning, the "ULCA3_stock_kernel.zip". I thought the only error with the fcm file was the missing boot.img... but you mention other errors fixed. Do I need to reflash the new/improved UCLA3 ROM for these other error fixes... or am I good on the 3 individual zips (fcm, modem, kernel)?

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
no good news from me silver, wiped everything three times, installed zip, the kernal flashed but in still on skycoke.

unfortunately im gonna have to step away from the computer for a little bit, maybe one of these fine folks will test to confirm. preferably coming from anything other than the fruitcake or the latest ota.

ill be back :D

rjohnstone

Nice work as usual silver.
Clean wipe is recommended.
I flashed over StockMod and all appeared well for most of the day until I got home and turned on wifi.
Got stuck in an FC loop. Had the restore system to get it working again.

Let's try this one more time... From the top shall we.
;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

Nice work as usual silver.
Clean wipe is recommended.
I flashed over StockMod and all appeared well for most of the day until I got home and turned on wifi.
Got stuck in an FC loop. Had the restore system to get it working again.

Let's try this one more time... From the top shall we.
;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

There were actually missing files. In wifi and bluetooth.. fixed them in this. Also updated su.
So should all be Smooth sailing

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
Testing

I'm gonna take silver's link for the ROM, grab the modem and the kernel and see how this works.

Gonna try a little speed test comparison.

Before: Melvin-Stock-Rom 2.3.5 UCLA Baseband (Constant 5 bars)
Ping 62, D/L 1.54, U/L 1.93
Ping 47, D/L 3.87, U/L 2.05
Ping 66, D/L 3.64, U/L 2.02

After: Gingerbread.UCLA3 2.3.6, UCLA Baseband, 2.6.35.11 kernel
Ping 75, D/L 3.14, U/L 1.97
Ping 55, D/L 1.40, U/L 1.66
Ping 855, D/L 3.37, U/L 1.24

Not liking those numbers, though it was fresh after install and with 4-5 bars. Gonna reboot and try again.

Ok. Found a spot outside on my porch where I could get 5 bars again. Damn it's cold and windy out! lol
Ping 774, D/L 4.61, U/L 1.01
Ping 108, D/L 4.16, U/L 1.07
Ping 85, D/L 5.38, U/L 1.07

What can I say? Some improvement it seems. Then again, it's Philadelphia and AT&T. Their reputation here is well known and it's generally not good. All I know is yesterday before I wiped the UCLA backup I had, I got almost 9 down, consistently.

Last edited:

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
sweet, i redownloaded rom, flashedjust fine. wiped data factory reset, format system and flash, i also tried it while wiping cache and dalvik, seems to flash fine. thanks silver!

Reactions: Danielk425

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
op updated, uploading to hotfile now silver, ill get ahold of instigatorX and see if he'll host for us.
He pays for his service and he is kind enough to host the files for us, give that man a thanks when you see him.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok folks we finally made it. silver has been busting his butt for the past three days, mucho thanks to him.:D

STOCK ZIPALIGNED UCLA3 2.3.6 ROM---https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7693548_2736667_990900
    Rom mirror---http://hotfile.com/dl/147732791/c4551c4/UCLA3_2.3.6_rom.zip.html
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache/dalvik
    Format /system(under mounts and storage in cwm)
    Flash rom
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Carrier IQ is not present in the stock rom:p
    2.3.6 UCLA3 Stock kernal included in zip

STOCK UCLA3 MODEM --- http://www.mediafire.com/?h7bnu7kvpw7dqtg
    Modem mirror https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7693548_2736667_990795
    Wipe cache partition
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Reboot
    Enjoy

NOTE: Many people have already experienced better signal/data speeds with the stock 2.3.6 UCLA3 Modem/kernal combo. Personally my data speeds went from 3-4mbs up to 8-9mbs after flashing UCLA3 Modem/Kernal combo. The more feedback on this the better.

Good Luck! Look forward to hearing your feedback

Credit goes to
    Silver03wrx-for all the help
    Pirate Ghost--for clearing up adb commands
    Superfire71--for dumping the necessary files
    GeezyFLadies--for testing
    Gr8danes--testing new zip
    InstigatorX--file mirror's
    Hit their thanks button when you see these fine folks
    uploading rom again with fixed script.......

Thanks zip worked great

Just in case others can benefit - confirmed retained root after flashing modem and zip

nandroid and titanium BU in case:
    STARTED ON STOCK ROOTED Skyrocket 2.3.5 AT&T (with CWM recovery)
    1. wiped cache and dalvik
    2.flashed modem zip
    3. rebooted checked that it worked without issues
    4. wiped cache /dalvik
    5. flashed fruitcake zip
    6. rebooted
    7. all stuck - all update -still have root and all data and all

Thanks!!! modem for me made big difference in Chicago subs - used to get 3-5 mb on LTE out here and now 8-10mb with pretty solid connectivity cant wait to go into the city to see the ridiculous LTE speeds.

:)
    My brotha from anotha! Good work mah man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
    Make sure you haven't updated Java Jdk beyond 6_30

Java 7 is what was breaking redsonja.

Just saying.......
    Took a while to see that.