new infuse source code posted

Search This thread

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
new infuse source code is available on Samsung open source release center.

it doesn't specifically say gingerbread but there are now 2 listings for i997 usa.

will download it later. not sure if this is uckl2 which they were in violation of gpl by not releasing sources or if its lb3 and we should expect yet another update in the coming days. we'll see I guess.

https://opensource.samsung.com/index.jsp;jsessionid=9772B2876689860AEB70F77E9A56FC38

Last edited:

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
I'm also gonna download and check it out when I get home... hoping for gingerbread ...:)

sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA premium app

1koolcat

Feb 12, 2011
I'd personally rather see b1. B3 is smoother and less laggy, no touchscreen issues...but having "long" messaging issues that I didn't have with b1. I'll sit back shut up and be patient while the dev's work their magic and hopefully super one click will be rocking and rolling. Thanks for all you do guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
that's a modem issue. source code is for kernels

not to mention it wont be lb1 because lb1 isn't official, lb3 has potential to be very soon. it could be kl2 because kl2 was released to the public, Samsung didn't release the code then pulled the update and hid behind the update being pulled to say they didn't need to release the code anymore which is a piss poor excuse being that the code was supposed to be there upon initial release. Samsung likely was trying to buy time with att or the public by saying they had unexpected issues. typical Samsung USA move.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

not to mention it wont be lb1 because lb1 isn't official, lb3 has potential to be very soon. it could be kl2 because kl2 was released to the public, Samsung didn't release the code then pulled the update and hid behind the update being pulled to say they didn't need to release the code anymore which is a piss poor excuse being that the code was supposed to be there upon initial release. Samsung likely was trying to buy time with att or the public by saying they had unexpected issues. typical Samsung USA move.

Actually, they simply ignored all requests for UCKL2 source... I NEVER saw a response to any source code request.

GPL-violating ****ers... The I777 is likely to be my last non-Nexus Samsung device if Sony keeps it up with their (uncharacteristic for Sony) level of developer support.

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
I got a response. 2 actually. both identical, and they said the update was being held and sources would be released when the problems were fixed.

obviously bull**** because the sources were supposed to be released with the update. seems planned. like kl2 was just an appeasement for the anxious customers.

the odd thing is that Samsung was doing very good with source releases for the last year or so. guess they wanted to see what they could get away with.

kangshoo

Jan 14, 2012

source code is for kernels?
hey dani, does it mean we`ll get new custom kernel soon? :D

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
well yes, ill try but ill need guidence... no promises... hell im not even that optimistic that ill get anything done..

entropy however has already patched some code into the dd kernel but it doesnt fix hdmi yet. entropy dd is based on hellraiser which linux bozo tried to bake froyo mhl drivers into but the adapter causes a forced reboot, even with some new mhl code it still force reboots, entropy is flying blind but he may come up with something.

dustinhayes93

Nov 20, 2010
Well its a step in the right direction... maybe since it seems they are finalizing GB for our device, maybe they start ICS development. Just a thought, probably won't happen though

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App

inick73376

Sep 20, 2011
Joliet
why is it that an older Model of an Phone Called the Motorola Atrix I & II will get ICS but we Infuse Owner which phone came out after the Atrix will not be getting it at all. ?

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
Nexus=has kernel. Infuse=doesn't have kernel. Any questions?

sent from my SGH-I717 using XDA premium app

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
why is it that an older Model of an Phone Called the Motorola Atrix I & II will get ICS but we Infuse Owner which phone came out after the Atrix will not be getting it at all. ?

you can discuss this in one of the many existing ics threads...

you can blame Samsung USA for this. although Samsung Korea put a lot of effort into updates for the i9000 all of the American galaxy s counterparts have been slow on updates and are lucky to get more than one major update. also the infuse is based on the galaxy s which is almost a year older. when the subject of ics on the galaxy s came about Samsung stated that they didn't have the rom storage or ram to run ics with touchwiz over top of it. while the infuse has the ram it has identical partitions to the galaxy s and has even more usage of the current rom storage.

on one hand Samsung played that game with gingerbread. saying they "might" update the i9000 to gingerbread but then it became the first non nexus device to receive the update internationally. on the other hand they have the s2 as a new flagship with the s3 on the way and might not want to continue with the dated i9000. basically if the i9000 doesn't get ics we have zero hope.

now that that's over with, can we keep the discussion to gingerbread or pending update related talk please.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts