FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GSM/CDMA] RAZR Utility ---- OUTDATED. DO NOT USE.

2,298 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,490

By mattlgroff, Inactive Recognized Developer on 8th February 2012, 09:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2012, 03:25 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I feel silly asking this...and I must be having a brain fart...but how do I actually use the file? plug phone in and....sorry I am really having a retard moment

25th February 2012, 08:05 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello all. Sorry if this has been posted before but i just used this tool and all went great except after reboot, the phone has no service. When i look at about phone it says baseband unknown. I have a CDMA razr. Any ideas?
25th February 2012, 09:51 AM |#63  
Flag Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifegoesby

hello all. Sorry if this has been posted before but i just used this tool and all went great except after reboot, the phone has no service. When i look at about phone it says baseband unknown. I have a CDMA razr. Any ideas?

Don't you download the gsm utility instead of the cdma?
25th February 2012, 08:16 PM |#64  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Help!
I own a VZW X912 RAZR. Uninstalled the MotoHelper 5.2 Tools and updated to the the latest Moto 5.4 Tools. Connected phone, started RAZR Utility and selected option 1 to update from 6.11.748 to 6.12. Screen has been stuck on erasing 'userdata' for 30 minutes now!!

EDIT: I figured the process wasn't too deep so I restarted the utility and phone and it appears to be working *fingers crossed*
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	razrutility.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	919645  
25th February 2012, 09:07 PM |#65  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
So I can confirm this utility is definitely working with the X912 CDMA RAZR. Make sure you have the Moto Helper 5.4 (latest version as of this post) installed. If not, uninstall any previous drivers and install the newest straight from Motorola's Support section on their website. Hopefully, your phone doesn't get stuck during the process...again I took a calculated risk by resetting mines, but as you can see from the screenshots I wasn't too deep in the process. The second time was a charm, the 2.3.6 root works flawlessly and now I'm about to try out AOKP AXI0M.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike The Menace For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mike The Menace Ad-Free
26th February 2012, 06:39 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike The Menace

So I can confirm this utility is definitely working with the X912 CDMA RAZR. Make sure you have the Moto Helper 5.4 (latest version as of this post) installed. If not, uninstall any previous drivers and install the newest straight from Motorola's Support section on their website. Hopefully, your phone doesn't get stuck during the process...again I took a calculated risk by resetting mines, but as you can see from the screenshots I wasn't too deep in the process. The second time was a charm, the 2.3.6 root works flawlessly and now I'm about to try out AOKP AXI0M.

yeah i figured it out as well. Had a retard moment a few posts back! Worked like a charm when I ran the file.
28th February 2012, 02:21 AM |#67  
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'd like to suggest a new feature. The feature to remove a bootstrap would be awesome. Keep up the good work!
28th February 2012, 06:12 AM |#68  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I cant root the razr after restore to 651.73.30, my razr is XT910 GSM.
When I run root it shows:

Quote:

* GSM XT910 RAZR Utility 1.00 - DroidRZR.com *
* Created by mattlgroff *
[*] Razr root script (Windows version)[*] Exploit copyright (C) 2011 Revolutionary[*] Scripting for Razr by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)[*][*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you[*] have the Motorola USB drivers installed, and that your phone is[*] connected via USB.[*][*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Device found.[*] Cleaning up previous runs...
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/*, No such file or directory[*] Pushing exploit binary...
cannot stat 'files\zergrush': No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/zergrush: No such file or directory[*] Running exploit...
/data/local/tmp/zergrush: not found
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Installing root tools...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'files\su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'files\busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
3755 KB/s (196120 bytes in 0.051s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found[*] Cleaning up...[*] Rebooting...

Any1 can help?
28th February 2012, 08:38 AM |#69  
Flag Montpellier
Thanks Meter: 765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonthl

I cant root the razr after restore to 651.73.30, my razr is XT910 GSM.
When I run root it shows:

Any1 can help?

cannot stat 'files\zergrush': No such file or directory

do you have in your directory, the script plus a folder called "files" and in this folder "zergrush"?

if you have this, did you run the script as administrator?
1st March 2012, 03:09 AM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
so i just a new RAZR cdma on big red

from what i just skimmed thru....all i need to do is download the 1.4 ver and the 1.41 patch ...and that has EVERYTHING i need????

i'm downloading now......the 1.4 file is taking forever!!! anyone have a mirror....

props to the dev....looks like alot of hard work and very useful

which recovery method is everyone using...i read it says pick one

ps...my phone is still on the 2.3.5 ....should i do the OTA from verizon...or no???

thx
1st March 2012, 08:28 PM |#71  
Flag Somewhere, lost in time....
Thanks Meter: 176

More
I used option 1 on the CDMA version to restore to latest OTA version and now I am stuck at the welcome screen. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by networkdood

I used option 1 on the CDMA version to restore to latest OTA version and now I am stuck at the welcome screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks to a DroidRZR forum member, Nattybee:
'Turn phone on, when you see the Android guy DO NOT TOUCH
Then, starting with the top left corner of the screen, touch each corner of the screen clockwise (top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left)
At this point you should get a FC for setup...then you should get a box asking if you're sure you want to exit setup- YES- then you should get to the screen that tells you which parts of setup you completed (except none will be checked) click OK. '

Problem resolved.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)