[NOTICE][INFO] Instant Information Thread! (credits to Misledz) updated on 02-11-2011

Search This thread

Lordrdx666

Nov 24, 2010
Www.myspace.com
BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING ON THESE FORUMS FOR YOUR QUERIES OR ANYTHING PLEASE SEE THIS VIDEO IN HD (high definition)
tv-tv-lcd-plasma-smiley-emoticon-000708-large.gif
-

LEARN TO USE SEARCH
smiley-computer002.gif

What do these things mean -

FIRMWARE - Your phone's operating system as you got it pre-installed in the phone from the factory ..... which is Android (duh..!:eek:)

MOD - A modified/changed/different version of a normal application/theme/ROM or anything you are using in your phone...

THEME - A collection of various sounds, color schemes and different modifications (including some applications) designed to make your phone's look and feel different !!

CWM/ClockworkMOD
- A customized recovery mode/console for your phone where you can go to flash themes, ROMs and do other things like resetting the phone etc. etc...

FLASH/FLASHING/FLASHED - A fancy way of saying installing something the hard way into your phone.... (GO FIGURE OUT FOR YOURSELF)

Important Information - Taken from Misledz' Notice

- English

Most of you may not be from the same continent, but try to keep the medium to a language that can be comprehended by everyone. Google Translate can be your friend. And no we do not speak Klingon or Chewbacca.

- Firmware

You have a problem, state it with the firmware your using. If you cry for problem's with your firmware, take note that each firmware is problem specific. You enlighten us with your problem and firmware, we enlighten you back. You enlighten us with your problem and no firmware, we enlighten you with no support :)! Plain and simple. This is so that all the member's are aware with their knowledge base on the phone to help you at their best.

- Piracy

Simple as it is. Pirate or no pirate. Don't ask anything "Paid apps for free" related here. Do so and you will be gifted with a wonderful gift voucher and a prize entitled "Ban Hammer" from the admin's or sort.

- Format

To make this simple. Present the problem in a systemic manner

-Problem
-Firmware
-What you think

What you had for breakfast however does not concern us.

/end
Misledz' contribution.

People I am requesting you all to keep the forums clean -
Read all of this very carefully and try to find your answers before posting unnecessarily-

Thread cleaned (a lil bit;)) and links re-organized.... Thanks to falex007! :)

(*) For all flashing and phone general troubleshooting questions

(*) For miscellaneous or chat based Q & A go here

(*) If you want to select themes for your phone... ROM/Firmware wise go here

(*) For CyanogenMOD ROM (codeworkx) (only post here if you can help:confused::eek:... those who post bugs or other nonsense shall be strictly dealt with:mad:)

(*) For CyanogenMOD ROM (amit.bagaria)

(*) For all your CyanogenMOD related questions and queries go here

(*) MEGA stock ROM (STOCK FIRMWARE) Thread

(*) For CWM/Clockwork MOD go here

(*) For Gingerbread Based ROM cf-root custom Kernel

(*) Mega CUSTOM ROM thread (THESE ARE Highly or moderately modified versions of stock firmware)

PS - Various MODs/Apk's and other information can be found in the "THEMES and APPS section of i9003 forums" and all question answers can be found in the Q & A thread by falex.... and ALSO LEARN TO USE SEARCH !!
action-smiley-060.gif

NOTE - I request all the the senior forum members to please read this thread and ask NOOBS to read this Lordrdx + Misledz's super Duper info thread before they ask more noobish questions shamelessly! ;)THANKS!:D

NOTE 2 - If some info is left out or some essential thread has not been bookmarked here ... Please TELL ME.... !! Thanks again !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lordrdx666

Nov 24, 2010
Www.myspace.com
It's great video!!! :) And thanks for this thread

I hit thanks button for your thanks!!
That's the spirit of xda that I have learnt from all the great members of my I9003 community!
The video should be made compulsory viewing for everyone who joins xda!

I really loved it Q & A thread but for quite some "hyper no0b users"
:eek: even your thread might be tough!
So I have just tried to make a reference thread that is hopefully noob proof :D! Thanks for reading!

See if you can contact some mod to make this sticky in both general and Q and A section.... :) thanks again... ;)

Sent from my gt-I9003 with A.I. Type

Reactions: Slynightdark

Lordrdx666

Nov 24, 2010
Www.myspace.com
Nice update, it all looks a lot cleaner. I did fix one of your links, not sure what happened but it was showing the url instead of it hyperlinking.

Thank you jedi master....
This post was edited on a phone after falex gave me some suggestions... So there might've been a error or two..
I thank you for your help... :)

Tapashocked :) via my gt-I9003 with a random keyboard of my choice ! :D

wardfan220

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2010
Eldridge, IA
Hey im on froyo 2.2 now, and i want to upgrade my phone my firmware is i9003DDKC1, and PDA is i9003DDKF1, so is there any gingerbread firmware that i can flash on my mobile phone..? thanks in advance.

This is an informational thread and not a Q&A thread, if you have questions please use search then post in Q&A or start a new thread if the question has not been answered yet.

Reactions: Lordrdx666
pls help i on I9003DDKP4

pls help i on I9003DDKP4 with supertreaz rom, i am not able to connect continuously with wifi, my wifi connection disconnect after every 1 min on my mobile, but it run continuously on any other mobile, what should i do pls help me out.

Thanx in advance

Top Liked Posts