Thanks Meter: 5,472

More
Quote:

Yes, the bold pink warning message isn't important

Yes, I predicted that

Quote:

it is not as quick and easy

Quote:

It's actually really funny that people still use TouchXplorer. TX is slow and limited, in part because it uses HtcFileUtility.dll for high-privilege access. The funny thing is that basically no phones have a working HtcFileUtility driver anymore, except for custom ROMs, and custom ROMs are fully unlocked and can use native filesystem APIs instead. These are faster, provide more info, support more operations, and don't require tacking an outdated HTC driver into a custom ROM (which might not even be for an HTC phone).

Are there alternative already?
We though about developing some kind of "DFT Extensions" which assume to include most custom stuffs connected with each other. Like with menu for pictures "Send via bluetooth..." and etc. Or send files from file explorer like it was on WM Maybe ever some archive application.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cotulla Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 03:01 PM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
thanks for your awesome work

wait for ultrafruit 2 to test it
The Following User Says Thank You to ljp1132719438 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ljp1132719438 Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 03:32 PM |#63  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
@Cotulla: I'll be releasing a modified form of my HtcRoot Webserver that also works on fully unlocked ROMs real soon now. I was hoping to add some new functionality and a major code overhaul (that it mildly needs0 before the next release, but that was taking too long. I did fix a couple minor bugs, but the main change is the removal of the dependency upon the HtcRoot project.

It allows full access to the filesystem (including some parts that TouchXplorer can't go) and full info about files (including some attributes that TX doesn't show) and nearly full control over the filesystem (including changing attributes, which TX can't do). Rather than supporting moving files directly, it allows you to download them to the PC and then upload them to a different folder (with the option to delete the original).

It's not as usable on the phone alone (it's designed to work from a PC browser, although using Jaxbot's no-dehydrate hack it can also be operated usign the phone's web browser while the server runs in the background), and that is its main weakness. Martin7Pro is working on a nice horizontal-view two-panel filesystem browser reminiscent of TotalCommander/Midnight Commander/tree Gold, if anybody knows those apps. I may also take the source for the (now deunct, since it was never updated for Mango) Advanced Explorer app, rip out its HtcFileUtility-based filesystem guts (which worked like TX does), and replace them with calls to native APIs (thus enablign it to be used on fully unlocked ROMs, or on a stock ROM with HtcRoot or with Heathcliff74's upcoming WP7 Root Tools 0.9).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 03:34 PM |#64  
Flag Seattle

More
@ljp1132719438: Please don't ever quote a huge post like that again. It's annoying to need to scroll over and conveys no useful info; we *know* you're replying to this thread! Did you know it actually takes less time to use Quick Reply (and *not* check "Quote message in reply") than it does to hit Quote? Additionally, if you want to think a dev, you can always just click the Thanks button that appears under every post...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 04:10 PM |#65  
OP Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,472

More
Quote:

Pink is for chicks. Real man likes chicks only to explain what is pink for. Sorry for off topic, but I love when people just try and try and than they say is crap:P

LOL Pink is pink. Just [255, 203, 219]. Nothing more.
Actually it was used to take attention cuz people don't see pink often on XDA seems

Quote:

I'll be releasing a modified form of my HtcRoot Webserver that also works on fully unlocked ROMs real soon now. I was hoping to add some new functionality and a major code overhaul (that it mildly needs0 before the next release, but that was taking too long. I did fix a couple minor bugs, but the main change is the removal of the dependency upon the HtcRoot project.

Good to know. Is it need special app for PC or it's working in web browser?

Quote:

reminiscent of TotalCommander/Midnight Commander/tree Gold, if anybody knows those apps.

haha I am using FAR
Two panels can be good, but if they implemented well. from ergonomic point of view. Like switch must be very simple between them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotulla For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cotulla Ad-Free
25th February 2012, 06:31 PM |#66  
Flag Seattle

More
It's just a webserver. The client is any web browser; no special apps are needed on the PC at all. I've tested on IE and Firefox. The only bug I found was that some versions of Firefox will default to rendering the page as ISO-8859-1, when it's actually UTF-8 (technically the webserver really should specify this). This is only relevant when printing a few characters that are above the 0x7F boundary (non-breaking spaces in particular).

I'm publishing the new version now. If people with fully-unlocked ROMs, including those without a working HtcUtility driver (and therefore without HtcRoot compatibility) could try it out, that would be awesome. It *should* work, but since my phone runs a stock ROM I can't actually test it. The link is in my signature.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
26th February 2012, 02:44 AM |#67  
Flag Corry PA
Thanks Meter: 131

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsramesh

Does not work on my interop and developer unlocked version (Verizon HTC Trophy). I have installed Advanced Config and Touchexperience without any problems.

I get "Installation fails. Please report " and then the "Please wait" which just does not go away.

..Ramesh

This works fine on my Verizon Trophy, but I am using DFT Freedom V1 for Verizon Wireless (pre-release). If you are interested in testing this rom, private message mwang.

This app needs full unlock, and only a custom rom can do that for us right now.
26th February 2012, 03:07 PM |#68  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks man.............
27th February 2012, 06:21 PM |#69  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Thanks ... just an idea .. can we have some thing as wifi direct.... pretty fast transfer of files...... again just an idea

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
27th February 2012, 07:43 PM |#70  
I have this too, all the same with my HD7, except running 7.2 ROM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauticol

Well, first I have a problem, the app stays in:
"Please Wait
(DFT logo)
DFT BT File Transfer V1.01
Aplication needs to install
drivers.
Please reboot your phone."
I've rebooted the phone some times but didnt get it working (HD7)

Also, I'll love to know how you did to put files on the phone (as storage device)
Thanks

EDIT: I have Deepshining 7.1 with latest version 8107

I too would like to know how to resolve this (hoping it has nothing to do with the ROM?), as I am receiving the same error, and rebooted multiple times as well... Really hoping I can get this to work... Does the connection have to be established to complete driver install/or possibly connect to launch application, maybe??
27th February 2012, 09:24 PM |#71  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Question Hd2 rebooting
Hi
This is awesome
i got a situation
When i send a pdf file frome my PC (Win7 64) to my HD2 (pdaimatejam ROM v7.3), just after the half of the transfer is done, my phone reboots alone.
Someone knows about this issue?
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, dft, wp7, xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)