[ROM][ICS][22.06] AOKP for Bravo - Build 39 - Good news everyone! - Stock HBOOT only

Search This thread

StillTheWatcher

Nov 23, 2011
London
For some reason my home button doesn't work and there's no lockscreen after moving data in m2sd help options, anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my Desire using xda premium

Last edited:

smlgbl

Dec 7, 2010
Just went back to my backup of Beta1, because Beta2 just felt less stable, e. g. every second time I use the Home button, Zeam launcher seems to restart, and other apps also just closed. Maybe I should have tried another clean install, not just the upgrade, but I didn't bother.

Sorry, but I never took the time to give useful feedback incl. logcat or the like. Great work, anyhow. Looking forward to the next release.

Oijkn

Mar 21, 2008
Hi, i want to try this ROM, but what is the file to download, I can't find the device name for HTC desire on the list?
Thanks.

Envoyé depuis mon HTC Desire avec Tapatalk

cagaagac

Jan 18, 2008
Merseburg
1. Click the download-link in the first post
2. On this page you should click the arrow on the right side, to get to the latest version
3. Under the zip-icon you will find something like "download"
4. Click this :cool:

Edit: Or simply use this link: http://minus.com/mbTSqS0sK#2 and follow steps 3 & 4

xelra

Sep 16, 2010
m2sd swap enable doesn't work for me.
When I do m2sd status after a reboot swap doesn't show as enabled.

Something else, just moving apps doesn't free up enough space for me. Would you rather move dalvik or data?

Frenik

Aug 8, 2007
Hi, liking this rom so far. Just jumped in on beta 2 after full wipe.

Having issues with camera though. Sometimes can take pictures no probs, mainly issues with video, usually app crashes when starting to record, and after it returns to home screen then trebuchet starts constantly reloading itself and I need to reboot. Trying to open settings in camera app also crashes it straight away.

I flashed rom, then gapps, then mount2sd scripts in succession without rebooting.
m2sd running only on apps (disabled cache).

Gallery seems a bit hit and miss also, though I think that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Using Quickpic anyway.

Only other thing I noticed is Talk seems to be logged out a fair few times.

Anyway, I'm just trying a reflash without m2sd to see if any difference.

EDIT: OK, well no luck here after reflashing and trying camera app straight up.
Took a few shots, managed to get through a panorama recording, video doesn't do anything when pressing record (remember another user mentioning that now)
Opened settings ok, but then eventually while in photo mode, app crashed again.

Last edited:

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
Hi, liking this rom so far. Just jumped in on beta 2 after full wipe.

Having issues with camera though. Sometimes can take pictures no probs, mainly issues with video, usually app crashes when starting to record, and after it returns to home screen then trebuchet starts constantly reloading itself and I need to reboot. Trying to open settings in camera app also crashes it straight away.

I flashed rom, then gapps, then mount2sd scripts in succession without rebooting.
m2sd running only on apps (disabled cache).

Gallery seems a bit hit and miss also, though I think that was mentioned earlier in this thread. Using Quickpic anyway.

Only other thing I noticed is Talk seems to be logged out a fair few times.

Anyway, I'm just trying a reflash without m2sd to see if any difference.

EDIT: OK, well no luck here after reflashing and trying camera app straight up.
Took a few shots, managed to get through a panorama recording, video doesn't do anything when pressing record (remember another user mentioning that now)
Opened settings ok, but then eventually while in photo mode, app crashed again.
Camera is somewhat broken, and the Gallery too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 with tweaks and stuff

Sorry for stealing the banner, I just couldnt' resist :p

Features list

In this thread we can discuss the ROM, share impressions and screenshots and so on, but please, report bugs on Github.

Important HBOOT note
    AOKP works on Data++ HBOOT as of now, but I do not officially support it, so it might just exceed 180MB one day, and I will not publicly announce it because I honestly don't care. So please, stick to stock or custom HBOOT and make sure you have enough space on /system before flashing.

Download
    All versions on min.us: http://minus.com/mbTSqS0sK
    GApps (from RootzWiki/goo-inside): http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Google_Apps#Ice_Cream_Sandwich_.28Android_4.x.29
    Recommended A2SD script: mounts2sd 2.2.6 http://www.cxsr.eu/pubftp/index.php?dir=m2sd/
    Do not use amarullz's data2sdx script. It causes bootloops with the way init.d scripts are handled in AOKP.
    Flash ROM, then GApps (best without rebooting).
    Switching from Sandvold's rom/CM9 could work without data wipe, but don't blame me when it crashes. Or just backup and restore.

Changelog
    • Build 40
      • Synced with latest upstream source
    • Build 39 (again, md5sum f382a854a59ddfcc8d40551d4b17d52b)
      • Switched to HTC 2.3 market keys. Let me know how it works
    • Build 39
      • Enabled HWA and mostly synced with Evervolv feature wise
      • Synced with latest AOKP
      • Kernel built from source now, I'm open for requests
      • Likely won't be official for just a little longer, but we're getting there.
    • Milestone 5
      • Should be able to get official builds starting with Build 35
      • Synced with latest AOKP
      • Hopefully fixed video recording
      • Some minor changes I can't really remember
    • Beta 5c
      • synced with latest AOKP
      • fixed WiFi (this time for real)
    • Beta 5, Beta 5b
      • Failed builds
    • Beta 3 "No codename"
      • minor changes mostly, but since you asked for it...
      • a lot of changes to the way I build stuff (internally), regressions may be there
      • clean rebuild against latest AOKP source
        • weather on lockscreen
        • more locations should be supported by the weather provider
        • updated icons
    • Beta 2 "Unicorns!"
      • update rebuild against latest AOKP source (aka build 25+)
        • Lockscreen wallpapers
        • Torch in power menu
        • Airplane mode in power menu
        • LCD density wizard added to fix Market with non-standard densities
        • Option to show dBm instead of signal bars
        • Lost of bugfixes, including random reboots etc.
      • Added Google's LatinIME, dictionaries and stuff works now.
      • Added AOKP official bootanimation (with unicorns!)
    • Beta 1 "Hitagi"
      • clean rebuild against latest AOKP source (aka build 23+)
        • quick torch feature
        • end call button in notification
        • tablet features added (as if we care :p)
      • update camera and libs
        • Panorama mode works now
        • barcode scanners work
      • upstreamed some things, doesn't depend on anything Evervolv except binaries, so pure AOKP now :)
      • much lighter, 183MB on /system (thus the codename). Also fits on Data++ w/o OpenWnn (aka Japanese IME)
    • FrankenBuild 4 http://ompldr.org/vY3A5Yg
      • rebuild against latest AOKP source (aka build 22)
        • toggleable adb notification
        • power key as shutter in camera
        • weather fixes and improvements (i.e. it's working now)
      • new GApps package recommended (FULL WIPE)
        • a lot lighter now, most downloadable apps are removed
    • FrankenBuild 3 http://ompldr.org/vY29rZA
      • clean rebuild against latest AOKP source
      • USB now works
      • added live wallpapers (yay 227MB /system!)
      • just a bit more APNs (should work with most US/European carriers, bug Google if it doesn't)
    • FrankenBuild 2 (http://ompldr.org/vY281dA)
      • fixed init.d (that means app2sd/data2sd scripts should work now)
      • update to the latest git
    • FrankenBuild 1
      • first release

Huge thanks to Sandvold, drewis, Evervolv and Team Kang people and everyone who reported bugs, tested and compiled to get ICS working on our devices. Without you guys, this could never have existed.
    K900 is in the next built the play store problem fix?

Yes.
    @all: Looks like we're missing out build 41 too. I've found a guy who will maintain Supersonic and he is already working on merging the changes I've made. I still need to get someone to do the Inc, too. Once Bravo, Supersonic and Inc are all done and tested, we'll be bringing the changes upstream and move on to adding Passion/BravoC (if anyone wants to do those right now, PM me or highlight me on IRC), so for Milestone 6 we should have all the qsd8k family done. If we don't, I'll still do the final build for ICS on Bravo and the other devices are in their maintainers' hands, but I hope they will support me and do the last build even though it isn't official. Then we'll be looking at the changes JB brings (that shouldn't be too major, hopefully) and start working from there. I can't promise anything for JB, as it might require more work, but we'll do our best to deliver it to y'all kanglings.
    Soooo. Good news: bravo is now an officially supported device and Roman will add a hack to fix lockscreen wallpapers/icons on our devices (also concerns HD2/N1). Bad news: no ETAs (and don't ask).
    Phew. Finally got myself some time. Fixed non-HWA builds for now (I hope), gonna try to get a build 34+ kang done, then some HWA work. Hopefully I'll be able to get two device trees building, so you can choose HWA or no HWA.
    Milestone 6 kind of confirmed for tomorrow, including the first version of tiered-init :)