[NAND][pre-ALPHA] Kovsky ICS 4.0.3 testbuild0

Search This thread

zorlin

Aug 6, 2009
Based heavily on TeamICS' work on HeroC, here is some very early initial work on ICS for the HTC Kovsky, AKA Sony Xperia X1. Built from AOSP source, with source available.

This is NOT for the faint of heart, and as far as I know nearly everything is broken right now. Instructions for building are coming soon - meanwhile, source is available at https://github.com/Zorlin with bits from https://github.com/CyanogenMod and https://github.com/TeamICS

Credits:
- TeamICS for all their ridiculously awesome work on Hero/HeroC
- CyanogenMod team, on which some TeamICS work is based.
- IceDroidV2 for the installer and current (slightly modded) kernel/boot.img - see IceDroidV2 thread for appropriate credits and source.

Currently working:
- Boots!

Currently not working:
- Everything else
- ADB :(

Notes:
boot.img is made from applying the ICS porting guide to IceDroidV2's boot.img

Currently there's a "hack" to attempt to get adb working - I threw in a copy of busybox as /system/bin/sh. Need to work out a better way, since it really didn't work...

I've got a bunch of ideas, but it's late, so... here:

DOWNLOAD:

testbuild0
- "The Magic ZIP File"

Last edited:

Garena

Jun 23, 2011
Vicenza
I can't believe it. OMG !! :eek:

BUT :confused:
Is it really ICS or just some skin for android 2.3 ?

Last edited:

wallaceff

Aug 10, 2006
Do you really think you have enough background knowledge to get this off the ground? Or is it more of a "lets see what I can do" thing?

zorlin

Aug 6, 2009
Do you really think you have enough background knowledge to get this off the ground? Or is it more of a "lets see what I can do" thing?

Yes and no. I think I can bring it to the same state as HeroC, maybe sans camera, and port hardware acceleration if/when they get it working. Kernel isn't my forte, though. At the moment adb is a major and confusing stumbling block... I'm missing something stupidly simple.

Reactions: ashwin1234

mahmoodifar

Nov 27, 2010
can we install it or it's not ready yet
I installed it that we install IceDroid v2 but nothing happened
It was stuck in android boot

Elibl

Dec 20, 2011
oh damn how nice would that be!!!!

go ahead zorlin an thx a lot for your work

zorlin

Aug 6, 2009
Slow... lots of real-life stuff going on. I'll probably publish build instructions on the weekend so others can start contributing. :D

Haven't forgotten you guys though.

Reactions: fergy

neoofoox

Jun 22, 2008
Nuremberg
I will try to make something based on @Zorlin sources from #1 post. At all, probably He have own things to do so that is why He not respond.

Your signature shows that you have a own kernel for NAND for X1?

What is working etc? maybe you could share it, when it has benefits to the current published ones

EDIT: maybe you could join zargloub and midnight for kernel dev?

Last edited:
Reactions: fergy

fergy

Account currently disabled
Oct 25, 2006
GB

What is working etc? maybe you could share it, when it has benefits to the current published ones

Hello @neoofoox.

Working everything except camera, fm radio and bluetooth (atm working on kernel to see where is problem).
Charging/discharging (at last I think it is ok as phone discharge within 20 hours->3.5 yrs old battery<- using push, wifi, bluetooth and location with 10-15 minutes of talking)
Also, phone wake asap You press power, ok or lock button (also with double security using pattern after normal unlocking)

I also don't think that this is right thread for something other than ICS work conversation.
When I got all things working proper, be sure that will make an new thread with image and patches to kernel.
BR,
Ramon

EDIT: Yeah, I will be happy to talk with @zargloub and @midnight regarding kernel.
EDIT2: Regarding sharing, I use only main system of Cyanogen but My own kernel, so as I say, until kernel completely work, I will not share it because of lot's of questions what users cannot fix until I fix holes inside kernel.

Last edited:

zorlin

Aug 6, 2009
Sorry guys, I might be retiring my Kovsky... I'll publish build instructions and sources etc either way. If you don't hear back from me, assume I retired it :(

I'm getting fairly hopeful that you'll get decent ICS on the Kovsky soon though.

EDIT: Yup, it's official. I turned in my Xperia X1 in exchange for a free, off-contract Samsung Focus S (which I'm reselling) through the recent Microsoft promotion. I'll still have it for a week - I'm going to try and get ICS on it before then, but I don't really know what chances are like.

After that, I'll turn this over to someone else who can hopefully carry it through.

Last edited:

neoofoox

Jun 22, 2008
Nuremberg
Hello @neoofoox.

Working everything except camera, fm radio and bluetooth (atm working on kernel to see where is problem).
Charging/discharging (at last I think it is ok as phone discharge within 20 hours->3.5 yrs old battery<- using push, wifi, bluetooth and location with 10-15 minutes of talking)
Also, phone wake asap You press power, ok or lock button (also with double security using pattern after normal unlocking)

I also don't think that this is right thread for something other than ICS work conversation.
When I got all things working proper, be sure that will make an new thread with image and patches to kernel.
BR,
Ramon

EDIT: Yeah, I will be happy to talk with @zargloub and @midnight regarding kernel.
EDIT2: Regarding sharing, I use only main system of Cyanogen but My own kernel, so as I say, until kernel completely work, I will not share it because of lot's of questions what users cannot fix until I fix holes inside kernel.

With these things working it is working perfectly, who need wifi if you can use mobile Data to access Internet and who needs bluetooth if you can send files via Email or connect your Phone via headphone port to your soundsystem etc..
I would test that if it becaume available and will report every bug etc. You could choose some people for testing which know something about that / for reporting bugs. So you can fix them and make the kernel 'perfect'.

Zargloub stopped developing and he has his files on gitorious so you could merge the kernels, here is working bluetooth and wifi (but it shows bad signal strenge)

Are you on github or gitorious so other devs can see what you are doing and maybe can help or people see what you are working on now.

I would love to test it, because for me it is allready perfect ;) I hope we read something from you soon. You are our last hope :)

EDIT: sp3dev was also working on kernel you can get the sources here and here

EDIT2: I asked sp3dev if he would help, but he cannot for 2 reasons, first he has currently no time, the second reason is that he don't want to work on project which are close-source. Maybe you should think about releasing that before it is completely finished or make it open-source. Your device is old and that slow down the process a lot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based heavily on TeamICS' work on HeroC, here is some very early initial work on ICS for the HTC Kovsky, AKA Sony Xperia X1. Built from AOSP source, with source available.

This is NOT for the faint of heart, and as far as I know nearly everything is broken right now. Instructions for building are coming soon - meanwhile, source is available at https://github.com/Zorlin with bits from https://github.com/CyanogenMod and https://github.com/TeamICS

Credits:
    - TeamICS for all their ridiculously awesome work on Hero/HeroC
    - CyanogenMod team, on which some TeamICS work is based.
    - IceDroidV2 for the installer and current (slightly modded) kernel/boot.img - see IceDroidV2 thread for appropriate credits and source.

Currently working:
    - Boots!

Currently not working:
    - Everything else
    - ADB :(

Notes:
    boot.img is made from applying the ICS porting guide to IceDroidV2's boot.img

Currently there's a "hack" to attempt to get adb working - I threw in a copy of busybox as /system/bin/sh. Need to work out a better way, since it really didn't work...

I've got a bunch of ideas, but it's late, so... here:

DOWNLOAD:

testbuild0
    - "The Magic ZIP File"

Hello @neoofoox.

BR,
    Ramon

I can't believe it. OMG !! :eek:

BUT :confused:
    Is it really ICS or just some skin for android 2.3 ?

It's really ICS, which is why so little works. Gingerbread kernel for now, though.

Yes and no. I think I can bring it to the same state as HeroC, maybe sans camera, and port hardware acceleration if/when they get it working. Kernel isn't my forte, though. At the moment adb is a major and confusing stumbling block... I'm missing something stupidly simple.
    can we install it or it's not ready yet
    I installed it that we install IceDroid v2 but nothing happened
    It was stuck in android boot

You install IceDroid V2 first and then overwrite it... but no, at the moment this is just for developers and tinkerers.