FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Possibly bricked B70 tyring to update!? HELP!

117 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By Jwezesa, Senior Member on 25th February 2012, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, been around here just haven't posted yet. Anyways, I have a S/N: B70KAS420184 pad, on the .19 firmware, no rom, successfully rooted with razorclaw and clockwork running fine. I messed up flashing the ICS file and now I cant get anywhere. Entering recovery shows a status bar then instantly to the triangle with droid guy with exclamation point. It also will not get past the main eee pad screen and just hangs there. I tried nflash and when I run the download.bat (windows) the command prompt comes up, reads a few lines real fast then closes and the nvidia usb boot recovery disappears from the device manager list. Any help would be great please I've searched for everything. Tried this on two different computers, same result. Both running windows 7. Thanks, Josh.

25th February 2012, 05:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Exact same problem here too. Tried putting stock firmware on SD card then hopefully it would install itself but to no avail.
Suggestions?
25th February 2012, 05:34 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomar5e

Exact same problem here too. Tried putting stock firmware on SD card then hopefully it would install itself but to no avail.
Suggestions?

I've seen the problem come up but have yet to see any sort of answer.
25th February 2012, 06:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwezesa

I've seen the problem come up but have yet to see any sort of answer.

As far as I understand it with other devices, you can't flash a factory update.zip if you have custom recoveries (or at least shouldn't, because it would brick the device).
26th February 2012, 03:10 AM |#5  

More
Is there any way to flash a recovery like others can do with nvflash?
26th February 2012, 03:34 AM |#6  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomar5e

Is there any way to flash a recovery like others can do with nvflash?

If your B70 is one of the earlier batches with sbk1, you can use NVflash.

Mine is B70KAS1796**. NVflash works.
26th February 2012, 04:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Download the latest firmware from asus ( http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...F101/#download )
unzip on computer
copy asus folder to Microsd
Copy file from /asus/update to root directory
rename updatelauncher file to EP101_SDUPDATE
reboot to recovery (power and volume down wait for words then volume up)

might help works for me (i have B70 not able to nvflash)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamboxuser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dreamboxuser Ad-Free
26th February 2012, 07:18 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamboxuser

Download the latest firmware from asus ( http://www.asus.com/Eee/Eee_Pad/Eee_...F101/#download )
unzip on computer
copy asus folder to Microsd
Copy file from /asus/update to root directory
rename updatelauncher file to EP101_SDUPDATE
reboot to recovery (power and volume down wait for words then volume up)

might help works for me (i have B70 not able to nvflash)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Unfortunatley Dreambox i have tried that but all i get is the triangle of doom. I think my recovery may be broken, and u have the later model tf101 (i think) so nvflash doesnt work for me. I install drivers for it then open download and it just flicks to a screen real quick then closes. Is that what is supposed to happen if you have the later model tf101?
thanks again.
26th February 2012, 08:53 AM |#9  

More
Hmmm could be a problem with recovery but... could be a problem with the zip file.

As i am on a late model b70 as well i have been stuck a few times like that as well.

just to double check because these are the things that got me when i was stuck

did you unzip the downloaded file and copy the /asus/update/updatelauncher.... to the sd card

did you rename the file (update launcher) to EP101_SDUPDATE (this is case sensitive) and put it in the root of the SD card

Reboot to recovery volume and power down then when you see text in the top left corner press volume up?

anyone of these steps missed would cause the android with the triangle

Edit: If it boots to eee pad logo you should be able to save it. The only things that would give you the triangle would be the above and possibly wrong region code
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamboxuser For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dreamboxuser Ad-Free
26th February 2012, 09:59 AM |#10  

More
Dude it worked, thanks heaps for that. Turns out i didnt unzip the file from the Asus website. I just assumed that was the ROM *facepalm*
Good job mate, i was nearly going to turf the tf101 and use that as an excuse to get the prime lol
:)
26th February 2012, 10:55 AM |#11  

More
No problem. Sorry about saving it tho...... Guess yer prime is gonna have to wait.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)