CWMTouch Recovery

Search This thread

iandol

Jan 23, 2012
London
Can't Recover!!!

Hi, I've made a few backups with this version of CWM, but when I try to recover one of them, it tells me there is a MD5 mismatch and refuses (normal or advanced restore).

Using adb shell, I see that all the md5 sums for the actually partition tars are correct, except the md5 of nandroid.md5 itself! So nandroid.md5 has a md5 of itself, which will always fail!!!

I think that is causing restore to fail - the data itself is OK, yet useless!!!! On backups that are recoverable, nandroid.md5 is not md5ed inside nandroid.md5 -- don't know why some backups fail to remove nandroid.md5 from the nandroid.md5 file...

Edit: for anyone having this problem, you must regenerate the nandroid.md5 file excluding the nandroid.md5 file itself. Using terminal, cd to your backup folder, delete nandroid.md5 and then:

Code:
md5sum [!n]* > nandroid.md5

This makes the backup directory restore properly. Not sure if this bug crept in in 5.0.2.8 or was present earlier...

Last edited:
Reactions: jzmanz and mdfzhi

DaBigFreak

Dec 7, 2010
Kassel
True, getting same situation here!

What about formating or chaning the filesystem from ext3 to ext4? How to do that?
If I partition my sd-card to get sd-ext, it will always be ext3, but every ROM around here, every system app here wants to have ext4. So why the hell is CWM making ext3????

dannyxg27

May 27, 2011
working on 2.2.1???

CWMTouch Recovery bases on 5.0.2.8 with the display of battery level and time

By GalaxyTeam:Squadzone, Axel2033 and Napstar

Version tested with CM and fully working. Create a backup / restore, update, install, rub caches, partitions are formatted.

Bugs: For some strange characters appear on the menu!

Download for flash with Recovery

Download for flash with odin

If you like it, press Thanks;)

this recovery working on 2.2.1 installing in base2.2.1????

pidio1

Jun 5, 2012
Dortmund
Download from GitHub is not working

Link:
"https://github.com/downloads/GalaxyTeam/android_device_samsung_cooper/CWMTouch.zip" :confused: :confused:

chrcol

Jan 17, 2012
UK
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
Do you see anyone posting links? No

No which would be the reason he requested. A silly question you just asked.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

if u want touch recovery, u can use this one instead :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1545019

That does look decent indeed, although seems another dead project sadly, but I Agree with you it looks better than this one assuming its fully compatible with rfs and existng cwm5 backups.

Prawesome

Sep 26, 2011
Error 404- Not found
No which would be the reason he requested. A silly question you just asked.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

That does look decent indeed, although seems another dead project sadly, but I Agree with you it looks better than this one assuming its fully compatible with rfs and existng cwm5 backups.
I am not here for an argument so i am not gonna say anything about that..

Pj_Singh

Dec 22, 2012
Link

Version tested with CM and fully working. Create a backup / restore, update, install, rub caches, partitions are formatted.

Hey I wanna try this CWM out, could u plz repair or upload the flashable link again. :laugh:

Reactions: F4uzan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Screenshot
    The messed up words at the bottom are actually touch buttons, works great

AOKP 4 LYF

this link works still.....

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    Hey @Axel2033

good to see you again

I know this is not the right thread to ask but i would like to know are you still working on ICS port that you have started.. :)

I sold my ace and because of this I can't contine development(
    Now I have so I little bit time to help maclaw(if I can it do)
    Can't Recover!!!

Hi, I've made a few backups with this version of CWM, but when I try to recover one of them, it tells me there is a MD5 mismatch and refuses (normal or advanced restore).

Using adb shell, I see that all the md5 sums for the actually partition tars are correct, except the md5 of nandroid.md5 itself! So nandroid.md5 has a md5 of itself, which will always fail!!!

I think that is causing restore to fail - the data itself is OK, yet useless!!!! On backups that are recoverable, nandroid.md5 is not md5ed inside nandroid.md5 -- don't know why some backups fail to remove nandroid.md5 from the nandroid.md5 file...

Edit: for anyone having this problem, you must regenerate the nandroid.md5 file excluding the nandroid.md5 file itself. Using terminal, cd to your backup folder, delete nandroid.md5 and then:

Code:
    md5sum [!n]* > nandroid.md5

This makes the backup directory restore properly. Not sure if this bug crept in in 5.0.2.8 or was present earlier...