[MOD] Play GamePad instead of the keyboard

Search This thread

Tom.K

Dec 22, 2011
I know, but it offers hardware key remapping, but for 10 keys only. It's very useful for some games, and easy to change remap settings without rebooting, all what's needed is to change to other keyboard and you have old settings without reboot. It's even able to stay in background so I don't have to re-launch it at any point.

mrworldwide092

Jun 8, 2011
malappuram
can we do something like this for mini ie mapping camera key for "jump" or "shoot" so that we can play multitouch fps games such as sandstorm etc???

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
You can try putting camera button as "R" and Vol+ button as "L". I did it with gameboid and it's very cool ;). BTW Loved your work :D:D:D

E4est

Dec 23, 2010
You can try putting camera button as "R" and Vol+ button as "L". I did it with gameboid and it's very cool ;). BTW Loved your work :D:D:D

This is just what I tried to recommend and make a workaround for the missing Vol+.
As you can see:

I would suggest to set Camera and Vol+ as L and R Trigger. :)
You could make left and right arrow as Vol+ and Vol- for the Script.

But Paul reacted like this:

i can but this some stupid :DDDD

Maybe he didn't understand what I mean. Or he really doesn't like the idea. :D

BPaul

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
Suggestion: Why don't you put the "down" button on 'S' key? :)

Im make like here
Sony_Ericsson_Xperia_play.jpg

yellowragz

May 11, 2011
Yogyakarta
I think that if vol+ button change with L trigger, it will be not good because we lost vol button (i mean that vol button is important to change volume, media volume, ringer and volme when we run an app):D

@paul-xxx : what you mean with R1 and R2 ? is it L and R ?

GOD BLESS US

Riotr

Jan 18, 2012
Fairly good idea @paul: what if you could incorporate the proximity sensor in this? i think that would be good. we just swipe a thumb over the sensor (not touching it, just near it.) and use that as a button as well?? is it a good idea? probably it could be used as "L"???????? to hold down we just keep a finger still above the sensor. (or even your face if you need to complete some combo or something while holding down the button) :p that way we still have volume buttons "free to use"

Riotr

Jan 18, 2012
or is it possible or a good idea to remap the volume buttons to the arrow keys beside the space bar so that we can use the volume racker as the "L". or you still hate the whole "L button on volume racker"? lol

E4est

Dec 23, 2010
or is it possible or a good idea to remap the volume buttons to the arrow keys beside the space bar so that we can use the volume racker as the "L". or you still hate the whole "L button on volume racker"? lol

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking about, but he simply hates it. :D
If a developer doesn't like an idea, we can't force him to do it.

I respect Paul as developer and if it's his decision, I won't try to change it. ;)
Let's stop annoying him. If someone REALLY needs it, he can try to do it himself...

EDIT: Sorry, but after I wrote this I just thought "This can't be that hard..."
Here you go. (Attachment) Didn't test it exactly, but it should work.
Will take the picture from Paul and modify it.
Have fun.

Btw: The script by D4 in the original .zip seems to delete the gamepad.kl ?!?
It's written similar to this:
If there is no file called "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" then rename "mimmi_keypad.kl" to "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" and "gamepad.kl" to "mimmi_keypad.kl". If there is a file called "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" delete "mimmi_keypad.kl" and rename "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" to "mimmi_keypad.kl". (To translate into human speech.^^)
I changed that to not delete, but rename to "gamepad.kl".

EDIT2: Here is an ugly picture of the key mapping. I didn't find that font Paul used, so I made it this way. It's just for people who don't understand what finally is the point of this.
269961.jpg

Attachments

• 269961.jpg
    269961.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

BPaul

May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking about, but he simply hates it. :D
If a developer doesn't like an idea, we can't force him to do it.

I respect Paul as developer and if it's his decision, I won't try to change it. ;)
Let's stop annoying him. If someone REALLY needs it, he can try to do it himself...

EDIT: Sorry, but after I wrote this I just thought "This can't be that hard..."
Here you go. (Attachment) Didn't test it exactly, but it should work.
Will take the picture from Paul and modify it.
Have fun.

If there is no file called "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" then rename "mimmi_keypad.kl" to "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" and "gamepad.kl" to "mimmi_keypad.kl". If there is a file called "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" delete "mimmi_keypad.kl" and rename "mimmi_keypad.kl.bak" to "mimmi_keypad.kl". (To translate into human speech.^^)

EDIT2: Here is an ugly picture of the key mapping. I didn't find that font Paul used, so I made it this way. It's just for people who don't understand what finally is the point of this.
269961.jpg

im make other soon

D4rKn3sSyS

Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

Ups!.. did it on hurry, sorry :D

BPaul

May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
dont forget add here
Code:
#! /system/bin/sh
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
[B][COLOR="Red"]mount -o remount,rw[/COLOR][/B]
if [ ! -f mimmi_keypad.kl.bak ]