Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2012, 03:31 PM |#1131  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Did it, but nothing useful

26th February 2012, 04:08 PM |#1132  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Try to look on partial wakeloks and alarms in betterbatterystats...
26th February 2012, 08:15 PM |#1133  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Force disabling scrolling cache and not using v6supercharger makes rom very smooth and responsive But on the 1.6 i have 7-8 a battery drain, now it is 10-11 ma...
26th February 2012, 10:09 PM |#1134  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Has anyone had an issue with sound not working during calls? I had it with v2.0 with tiamat kernel. Restarting would fix the problem temporarily. Just upgraded to 2.1 and hopefully that will fix it.
26th February 2012, 10:15 PM |#1135  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,765

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2

Has anyone had an issue with sound not working during calls? I had it with v2.0 with tiamat kernel. Restarting would fix the problem temporarily. Just upgraded to 2.1 and hopefully that will fix it.

That's tiamat kernel's fault, and ti will also happen on other nightlies code based roms if you use it there also.

So, if you want a fully functional Reaper, either you stay with reaper kernel, or with the latest stock CM7 kernel, that you can find for instance on Jorgen's nightly builds.

Cheers
26th February 2012, 11:48 PM |#1136  
Flag Trier
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hey lowveld, what changes can we expect with a New update except of a new update of the ftl launcher?

Written with bad english on my Desire S.
27th February 2012, 01:27 AM |#1137  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,765

Donate to Me
More
Post #1000 Thank YOU
So, this is my post #1000, and I wanted to make it special. So, here I go, completely off-topic, talking about my XDA experience up to now, kind of an auto-biography. If you don't feel like reading my rambling, just jump to the last lines, where I tank you all.

I started on XDA in 2008, the proud (for a very short while) owner of a WM6 Asus P527, soon to be replaced by a HTC Touch2, again WM. Say what you will, but that phone handled what I wanted from it very well, I was actually sad to sell it last year, to scrap up some money to pay for the DS. And so I arrived to the Android world. For the first months this was pretty much stale, remember when we were almost all S-OFF? Then after the "Revolutionary Event", I stared using Virtuous Unity, and enjoying it. At this time, I was pretty much a "user only", lurking around, sometimes bitching about something or other, but pretty much kept to myself.

Then Virtuous Unity stopped being updated, and I thought to myself "Hell, I could do this. I don't know java, but I code C for a living, how hard can it be?". So I began, enter Hyperion. I downloaded the official RUU, did the first few mods, coded a new kernel for it, and this was actually the easy part. It took me a couple of hours to fix the inverted front camera thing. Learning what the hell "odexed" meant, learning how android integrated with the underlying linux infrastructure, that was the really hard thing for me those first days. But I kept on learning, and the community kept cheering me on.

Somewhere in the Hyperion thread is a post by me saying "Got my hands on a Sensation RUU, let's see what I can do with it". And Endymion began. This was a major step up in difficulty, as Hyperion was based on a DS RUU, pretty much all worked out fine without many issues. Endy involved a lot more work, and was my first real "port". You would be surprised with how much can go wrong. Simple things that are really hard to fix. I remember on the early Endy days that the microphone worked everywhere except on the Voice Search. That almost drove me nuts...

Throughout all these projects, one thing was always there: The DS community, which I have never seen the like on any other internet forum or venue. Positive reinforcement, faith on what I could do, understanding about the failures, kind words when needed, this was the real motivator without which I would never have gone on and on. There were many of you, and I don't want to leave anyone out, but I want to thank some of those "early guys", some of which the newbies around here may not even know. Enigmaamit, for the faith in me, and the constant "marketing campaigns", Oly for bitching around and making me improve some stuff (I still think HoneyHD rocks and stock look is for sissies), det66 for unquestioning support and a major good taste on books (det is from "detritus" from Terry Pratchet's Discworld books), ben_pyett for being exactly like he is, and probably the most faithful Endy user around (he doesn't usually sleep around with other roms :P), fbcyborg for being to my knowledge the last "original" Hyperion user left standing. And so many others... Don't feel left out if not named, I'm just coughing up names from the top of my head.

Then I decided to take another step up, and move from porting/modding/tweaking to actually building everything. Enter Reaper. This is to date what I consider my most accomplished project, and brought about another completely new level of learning. Going from smali tweaking on HTC proprietary decompiled files to android java source code is like turning on the headlights when driving on a pitch black road at night. A all new world opens up to you. Reaper tought me how android REALLY works, and taught me so much... You know that longpress keys tweaking? Just that little thing taught me the equivalent of a university level java course. And then came FTL launcher, and here I am. At this point I would also like to thank the guys that started on Reaper with me: Tectas, for always being there for testing/reporting, and for being a really good person (I don't know you that well, but I am never wrong about these things), and Treti (whom I thought I had killed the wifi chip, but it turned out I didn't). And of course, all the others that came from Endy, you're too many to mention.

This post is getting ridiculously long, I don't even know if it XDA will let me publish it. But I really want to thank you all for your support, and tell you that I have never had so much fun with any gadget as with my DS in these last months, and all because of you. I feel privileged to be part of this forum, full of inquisitive, intelligent, and overall decent human beings as you are. Decency is a rare commodity these days. And of course, a big thanks to all other devs for the work they do. Proxuser, Nexx, Superkid, you rock.

Thank you all.

Cheers
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to lowveld For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowveld Ad-Free
27th February 2012, 03:16 AM |#1138  
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Lovely read. Made my morning. Keep going lowveld... Maybe you don't know it yet, but there's a fan club brewing silently waiting for the first real "lowveld"ified ICS...

You do know you are a premium brand now, don't you...?

Beamed from the Dark Side using xda premium.
27th February 2012, 06:22 AM |#1139  
Flag Borlänge
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Great post lowveld! Just wanted to chip in again by saying that I can't seem to free myself from reaper (not that I really want to). I tried IceColdSandwich yesterday and while it's not bad it's not even close to reaper in terms of responsiveness. I've never stayed this long on one rom. It's the "little things" like being able to turn up the animation speed that brings me such joy. And I couldn't agree more with enigmaamit regarding a lowveldafied ICS rom, that would be the only thing right now that could draw me from reaper.

Huge thanks once again for taking the time to bring all this awesomeness to our phones!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
27th February 2012, 08:09 AM |#1140  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2zippo

Great post lowveld! Just wanted to chip in again by saying that I can't seem to free myself from reaper (not that I really want to). I tried IceColdSandwich yesterday and while it's not bad it's not even close to reaper in terms of responsiveness. I've never stayed this long on one rom. It's the "little things" like being able to turn up the animation speed that brings me such joy. And I couldn't agree more with enigmaamit regarding a lowveldafied ICS rom, that would be the only thing right now that could draw me from reaper.

Huge thanks once again for taking the time to bring all this awesomeness to our phones!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

+1 I always come back to reaper its everything I want in a rom

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App
27th February 2012, 09:59 AM |#1141  
Flag near Mainz
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaamit

Lovely read. Made my morning. Keep going lowveld... Maybe you don't know it yet, but there's a fan club brewing silently waiting for the first real "lowveld"ified ICS...

You do know you are a premium brand now, don't you...?

Beamed from the Dark Side using xda premium.

Damn right a premium brand I tried also aome ROM's in the last month, but no one can mess with the Reaper for my personal opinion.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, cm7, tiamat saga 2.0.0

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)