daywalker04

Apr 18, 2011
[SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA

Android 2.3.4

Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43768661/Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

SHA1 - BC856DDB6B53A6D5679EAC369397A3DC58B0B273

MD5 - A27203C8FBC4B0C2505AFE3E700E6264

SBF - 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2yj...-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

Compression MD5 - 946DEB6D7B3DF95FE56F5FC05D4934B5

SBF MD5 - 2E6E3DFD86C37D58E3D809C9453E2FA4

POSSIBILITY OF NO DOWNGRADE TO EARLIER VERSION ONCE YOU UPDATE !!!!!!!!

Firmware Downloads:

Atrix 2 Firmware---ATRIX Froyo Firmware---ATRIX Gingerbread Firmware---Defy Plus MB526 Firmware---Defy MB525 Firmware---Milestone 2 A953 Firmware---MB632 Pro Plus GSM---Verizon Firmware---XOOM 3G---XOOM WiFi---Milestone 3 Firmware---XT910 Firmware

Last edited:

SaurusX

Jul 31, 2010
Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!

Reactions: terminal13

anrichardson

Apr 3, 2010
I have a theory about the bootloader, please feel free anyone to shoot it down or help see if it will work.

TBH released patches for bootloader, kernel, and baseband. here

So my theory is that the bootloader patch they released was 30.04, if we get root on .621 and can get into Clockwork recovery, could we install this bootloader patch which is still 30.04, and then be able to SBF back to .602?

What do you guys think?

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
I have a theory about the bootloader, please feel free anyone to shoot it down or help see if it will work.

TBH released patches for bootloader, kernel, and baseband. here

So my theory is that the bootloader patch they released was 30.04, if we get root on .621 and can get into Clockwork recovery, could we install this bootloader patch which is still 30.04, and then be able to SBF back to .602?

What do you guys think?

Message p3droid on twitter and ask him.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sjmoreno

Dec 19, 2010
DFW, TX
Well this is a bit of pleasant news. At least people who were bricked can have a functional phone again. Now we just need a root method. Thank you for this!

I was running stock .605 with root via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 and then did the the OTA update to .621 and after it was done and rebooted I still had root. If you're on stock .605 I would strongly recommend you root it via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 script (Google it) to root it and then take the OTA .621 update to keep root.

Update: After reading a response below to this post I decided to try and see if I could get root access with any new apps that were not installed prior to the .621 update and I have discovered that I cannot. So user trebuchet76 had the right suspicion that I didn't really have root anymore but rather the apps I had installed prior to the .621 update that had root kept it after the update but new apps will not get root access.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrWall and KMDonlon

KMDonlon

Feb 22, 2011
Hmmmm, that's odd....still wanting someone to confirm this was not an isolated incident.....

trebuchet76

Aug 20, 2008
I was running stock .605 with root via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 and then did the the OTA update to .621 and after it was done and rebooted I still had root. If you're on stock .605 I would strongly recommend you root it via the DROID 3 easy root script v7 script (Google it) to root it and then take the OTA .621 update to keep root.

This sounds like bad info written all over it. The only sure fire way that I know of to keep root after OTA is Voodoo rootkeeper. Why risk it when there is no known root method for. 621 and no way to revert?

Sounds like to me, your previously allowed su requests are kept, but no new ones allowed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Last edited:

sjmoreno

Dec 19, 2010
DFW, TX
You were right!

This sounds like bad info written all over it. The only sure fire way that I know of to keep root after OTA is Voodoo rootkeeper. Why risk it when there is no known root method for. 621 and no way to revert?

Sounds like to me, your previously allowed su requests are kept, but no new ones allowed.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

After reading your post I thought I'd try and install a new app that required root privileges so I installed Titanium Backup and you were right! The apps that had root access prior to the .621 update kept root access but no new apps could get root access.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
Well I'm glad we have an SBF now, but has anyone got in touch with p3 yet?

I saw on p3droid's twitter a few days ago that he was aware of the SBFing problem. I'm not sure if he's working on anything though. In his tweet he said that even though the bootloader was not updated, something in the cdt.bin had changed which blocks us from SBFing to an earlier build.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

hawaiikine808

May 15, 2009
I saw on p3droid's twitter a few days ago that he was aware of the SBFing problem. I'm not sure if he's working on anything though. In his tweet he said that even though the bootloader was not updated, something in the cdt.bin had changed which blocks us from SBFing to an earlier build.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

hmm... hopefully he will figure something out.

BTW, does anyone wanna give me his Twitter name? I kinda want to follow him now, just to get updates on this little dilemma...

KMDonlon

Feb 22, 2011
I'm kinda hoping someone figures out an exploit here soon, anxious to upgrade to .621 but want to wait for a root method :(

KMDonlon

Feb 22, 2011
I am hoping for a pre-rooted deodexed .zip to work with as opposed to the OTA Rootkeeper method.

infazzdar

Dec 20, 2010
I am hoping for a pre-rooted deodexed .zip to work with as opposed to the OTA Rootkeeper method.

That makes me wonder at whether or not we could remove the file that causes SBFing to break (which is cdt.bin according to p3droid, I believe), package the update for CWM, and make it flashable that way.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SBF and Update] Original Gingergread 2.3.4 SBF for Droid X MB810 Verizon USA

Android 2.3.4

Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43768661/Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip

SHA1 - BC856DDB6B53A6D5679EAC369397A3DC58B0B273

MD5 - A27203C8FBC4B0C2505AFE3E700E6264

SBF - 1FF-p3a_shadow_cdma_shadow-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_DX8-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/2yj...-51-120111-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf.gz

Compression MD5 - 946DEB6D7B3DF95FE56F5FC05D4934B5

SBF MD5 - 2E6E3DFD86C37D58E3D809C9453E2FA4

POSSIBILITY OF NO DOWNGRADE TO EARLIER VERSION ONCE YOU UPDATE !!!!!!!!

Firmware Downloads:

Atrix 2 Firmware---ATRIX Froyo Firmware---ATRIX Gingerbread Firmware---Defy Plus MB526 Firmware---Defy MB525 Firmware---Milestone 2 A953 Firmware---MB632 Pro Plus GSM---Verizon Firmware---XOOM 3G---XOOM WiFi---Milestone 3 Firmware---XT910 Firmware

Update: After reading a response below to this post I decided to try and see if I could get root access with any new apps that were not installed prior to the .621 update and I have discovered that I cannot. So user trebuchet76 had the right suspicion that I didn't really have root anymore but rather the apps I had installed prior to the .621 update that had root kept it after the update but new apps will not get root access.
    There's a root method on Rootzwiki.
    Can you post a link? I've looked on RootzWiki and what I've found is all saying that there is no root method for .621 (which is what this thread is about).

Update: found the thread and possible root method being reported but the Dropbox the sbf file is being hosted on is locked due to high amount of traffic.

The method basically involved sbf-ing from .621 to a Milestone .604 sbf file and running a manual exploit to gain root and then from there you can install the Droid 2 Bootstrap and then flash any ROM you want on your Droid X.

A user named bukolov1 from the Ukraine is the one that originally posted this method.

I posted this in DX general in the update thread there, but to expand on what you've said you MUST run the 604 SBF using SBF_Flash on Linux, or else you will flash your baseband and lose 3G Data! Also, the SBF and root (zergurshv4) have been rehosted to mediafire.

Skelente said:
    I suggest anyone who has SBF'd to 621 or done the OTA and lost root, to check out this thread on RootzWiki. It isn't root for 621, but its a viable workaround. What was found was that an SBF for the milestone X (sbf 604) could be flashed over 621, and then zergrushv4 could be used to root that. Now to do this you MUST use SBF_flash on Linux, otherwise you will flash your baseband and your data will not work (this can be corrected by a call to VZW asking them to reprovision your data). Once on this 604 your phone will report as a Milestone, but you can install BSR/CWM and flash over to a *GB* rom (froyo roms will not work, IIRC) and after that it'll report as DX (this can also be achieved using a build.prop edit, but who really wants stock? If you do just want stock and you do this build.prop edit, you will need to freeze/remove the updater or else it'll freak and try to update and bug you incessantly.) Hope this helps! I've got a dx2 personally but I've been following this thread hoping to glean some information for when our next update drops (which was supposed to happen like a week ago... -__-)