Android for LG Fathom (WIFI+Bluetooth+Audio)

Search This thread

serkamikadze

Sep 25, 2009
Ternopil
Well done guys, doing a good job!
I look forward to working android on my phone.
Who has Android 2.2.1?share a link please I want to test on my phone.

Last edited:

passion_streak

Jun 15, 2007
Hey guys.. Any progress or is it dead now. I have tried the link provided by spunker bro, but it isnt working fine on fathom. I mean android do boot up but then phone goes into infinite restart loop (i could see android bootup screen again and again)

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Mine is stuck at "Jumping to Kernel". I didn't touch anything, just downloaded and copied. Then ran the haret file. I wonder what's wrong...
Did ya run CLRCAD.exe 5 times?

@Giorgi-geo Does GSM Work in this build? Ya never gave us a list of what works and doesn't. Or are you mirroring this from another source, if so can ya provide us a link to the original source with more info?

Also can someone upload this version again:
New Image Android 2.3.5 with WIFI and Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/QUT30LPS8K
MultiUpload seems to be down or taken down by PIPA, cause it has been offline for at least a week. Or upload the Toshiba version, I really want one working with GSM or at least a working phone... I've noticed the phone doesn't seem to wanna work in most CDMA Versions, so I'm hoping the Toshiba version has a working phone that'll allow calls (Sometimes)...

Thanks!!

andrew789

Jan 18, 2012

@Giorgi-geo Does GSM Work in this build? Ya never gave us a list of what works and doesn't. Or are you mirroring this from another source, if so can ya provide us a link to the original source with more info?

MultiUpload seems to be down or taken down by PIPA, cause it has been offline for at least a week. Or upload the Toshiba version, I really want one working with GSM or at least a working phone... I've noticed the phone doesn't seem to wanna work in most CDMA Versions, so I'm hoping the Toshiba version has a working phone that'll allow calls (Sometimes)...

Thanks!!

I ran it 5 times and 10 times from the default Windows Mobile File Explorer. Still doesn't work. Tried downloading it again. And I am using the one Giorgi-geo provided. If there is a better link, please post it! :D

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
I ran it 5 times and 10 times from the default Windows Mobile File Explorer. Still doesn't work. Tried downloading it again. And I am using the one Giorgi-geo provided. If there is a better link, please post it! :D
I think it might only work with CDMA I tried booting it with my T-mobile SIM Card in and it just sits there, I haven't tried it with no SIM Card in the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

muralz77

Mar 5, 2012
Hi Ajeet and www bros.. have we dropped this idea???? Ajeet u said u got a stable build with GSM/3G working... can u pls provide us a link to download the latest stable version of android??

Giorgi-geo

Oct 5, 2011
Tbilisi

Thanks!!

that is what i uploaded.i had it in my computer and thought I'd share with all this closing of upload sites.

no gsm
no accelerometer
no microphone

wi-fi works, i think bluetooth does too

P.S don't look for any other version. this is the best at the moment, until ajeet uploads a new version

Last edited:

ajeet17181

Apr 25, 2008
Pune
No more fathom build from my side

I bought new phone and hence i am not using fathom any more so there will be no update from me in future

andrew (www827) has some new build for you he will upload soon

It is very good experience for me to port android on fathom and thank you guys for testing and using it

Bye

muralz77

Mar 5, 2012
I bought new phone and hence i am not using fathom any more so there will be no update from me in future

andrew (www827) has some new build for you he will upload soon

It is very good experience for me to port android on fathom and thank you guys for testing and using it

Bye

That's bad news for Fathom community... all the best for u with ur new phone... lookin fwd to the new post by www

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
Hello, fathom community! I will upload new build at next week.

What's new:
1) G-Sensor
2) Stable microphone
3) 3G outgoing calls (incoming calls, USSD and etc are not working due qualcomm closed sources)
4) Latest Cyanogenmod from GIT
5) Stable PM and deep sleep

I need time for updating sources, compiling it and testing.
Pls, wait some time.

P.S Sorry, but fathom is not my primary phone, i have bought hd2 and i'm very busy :( I can compile new CM sometimes and try to fix some issues, but i can't brought full 3G support and lots of kernel fixes. If there are any fathom android developers - pls tell mme

andrew789

Jan 18, 2012
Hello, fathom community! I will upload new build at next week.

What's new:
1) G-Sensor
2) Stable microphone
3) 3G outgoing calls (incoming calls, USSD and etc are not working due qualcomm closed sources)
4) Latest Cyanogenmod from GIT
5) Stable PM and deep sleep

I need time for updating sources, compiling it and testing.
Pls, wait some time.

P.S Sorry, but fathom is not my primary phone, i have bought hd2 and i'm very busy :( I can compile new CM sometimes and try to fix some issues, but i can't brought full 3G support and lots of kernel fixes. If there are any fathom android developers - pls tell mme

Thanks! But one really important request: Can you please make CMDA work? I'm using my Fathom at Verizon. Thanks.

www2287

Jul 20, 2010
Thanks! But one really important request: Can you please make CMDA work? I'm using my Fathom at Verizon. Thanks.

Thanks for interesting, but i can't make CDMA working, because first of all there are no any CDMA-based providers in Russia (may be there are, but in my town - no).

tanmaywadhwa

Feb 14, 2010
New Delhi
:(

@ajeet "sob" "sob" :(

there are just a few of us who own this phone, and its really painful to see u guys leaving.. i really had high hopes .. :(

hope to see you back sometime.. hope u'll miss fathom.. :p
good luck brother.

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

hey andrew,
ur our last hope man..
looking forward to you..

just get the gsm working flawlessly by any means brother.. that is the primary requirement here.... i would love to help.

although i am a comp engg student, i have no idea about mobile OS's. i'll be grateful if you could give me a source from where i could learn a bit.. would love to give you a hand at this too...

regards,
tanmay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source code

http://www.multiupload.com/4ECGKXPYJW

[Steps]
    Extract above tar.gz in / and then
    Download CodeSourcy Compiler from here
    https://sourcery.mentor.com/sgpp/li...rm-none-eabi/arm-2011.03-42-arm-none-eabi.bin
    Install above C compiler then issue following command in source directory extracted above

make ARCH=arm tsunagi_defconfig
    make -j16 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/arm-2011.03/bin/arm-none-eabi- zImage

When this steps complete you will get zImage in arch/arm/boot folder

New Image Android 2.2.1 with Audio , WiFi + AP mode , Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/HFZUWFNX0I

Just extract above file to \Storage Card and go to \Stroage Card\2.2 click on CLRCAD (4-5 times) and then click on Haret

(In this version there is no need to copy nvram.txt to \Storage Card)

New Image Android 2.3.5 with WIFI and Bluetooth

http://www.multiupload.com/QUT30LPS8K

extract to SD card and then go to \Storage card\fathom
    Click on clrcad 4-5 times and then click on haret

For wifi it is must to copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card
    if it is difficult to copy from windows folder use attached one

[Note : In this version i have disabled fb console so you will not see any text while booting so wait at least wait 5 min if none appears do soft reboot and then retry]

I have worked on Toshiba kernel and ported that kernel for LG fathom.

As of Now following Works
    GSM (Partially)
    Battery
    TouchScreen
    3D
    Audio (only through front speaker)
    Keypad (Need some work with Fn key)
    Battery
    USB (start haret while usb connected)
    USB Mass Storage and ADB
    wifi

Not working
    Bluetooth
    Vibrator

Issue( Solved now)
    1) Screen will flicker when USB cable was removed. workaround is to set any live wallpaper.

How to run

extract files on Storage card
    goto /Storage Card/tg01
    click 4-5 times on clrcad
    and then run haret-pre-0.5.3-20100625_144828-QSD8250-ONLY.exe

http://www.multiupload.com/GK0FCMUVX6

for wifi extract following file and put replace zImage with this one and copy bcm4329.ko to /system/lib/modules also copy \windows\nvram.txt to \Storage Card

Link for wifi

http://www.multiupload.com/DOEAA1JXCD
    Froyo

First post updated with 2.2.1 Image and that is very very fast compare to 2.3.5
    Fixed Bluetooth , Audio and WiFi
    Enjoy.
    so some sort of good news from my side is 3g is working fully now and also 3d sensor is working, Yes i am able to play games based on gravity sensor:) .

I am now fixing tethering then i will upload new image mean while keep donating .
    Audio Fix Test zImage

zImage for speakerphone audio pls test and reply

http://www.multiupload.com/MDE938Y9XY

as of now audio working only through speakerphone
    Great Job Ajeet! :)

Guys,

Just want to confirm, i tried running it on eXpo but it just gets stuck at Haret, tried clicking CLRCDR 4-5 & more times but nothing! So, has anyone able to load Android on their eXpo or is it just Fathom?

This is only for fathom and may not work with expo.