FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS(I9000) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

5,916 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,725

By krarvind, Senior Member on 9th February 2012, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2012, 06:57 AM |#1251  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShensMobile

I'm getting this error:
Assert failed: run_program("/tmp/updater.sh") == 0
E:error in /sdcard/slim_ics_galaxys_2.7.zip (status 7)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using the latest CWM recovery.

Yes, that's been discussed earlier. It was also happened to me when I flashed from stock. Maybe the installation script is broken.
Try to flash a CM THS16 first, then reboot. After that, flash this ROM again.
If it's still fail, which I also had that, flash to stock ROM again using Odin, root, wipe.
Then, BEFORE you flash this ROM, flash a THS16 ROM first, then reboot. After that, you'll be able to flash this amazing ROM...
Good luck and cheers...

Sent from the smoothest GT-I9000 ROM

27th February 2012, 07:08 AM |#1252  
Flag Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Thanks Meter: 1,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraBuzz

Sorry for the late reply, this thread is hot so going too fast...
Well actually, everytime I flashed a CM based/non stock ROM from a rooted stock ROM, it's always rebooted itself automatically after I chose to "Yes, flash xxx.zip" ROM.
Many people have to reboot their phone manually, and some guides even advised to pull off the battery. But somehow in my case I never had that chance. I never have to choose the 'Reboot to Recovery' option or pull the battery out.
From orange CF-Root CWM, flashed CM based, it automatically reboot, then got back to the blue CM recovery waiting for me.
That time, I can choose to flash the same ROM again or choose another custom ROM like this one. And it's always successfull...

Sent from the smoothest GT-I9000 ROM

I use "reboot to recovery" by flashing a kernel. It's good because you can check at once that the kernel-flash was successful and you can get to know the menu.

Sent from Slim ICS_2.7
27th February 2012, 07:14 AM |#1253  
Flag Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Thanks Meter: 1,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome6boy

Long press the home button and you can see the list of running apps, slide them off the screen and you can kill them.

You can also go to settings > apps and select running. But I think this has been around since FROYO...

...or you can create a command icon on the screen like on Windows. Just hit the icon and you can see the running apk.s or battery stats.

Sent from Slim ICS_2.7
27th February 2012, 07:19 AM |#1254  
Flag Perth, Western Australia
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omad0

Also using XXJVU modem if that helps?? It's left over when I flashed from ICSSGS 4.2

Also, while I like having the toggles in the status pull-down menu I do prefer the old style with the simple little images over the large ones in 2.6.... The brightness slider is also a welcome change, as ICS you cannot do the "hold down" on the status bar and then slide to set your brightness as in gingerbread. such a handy feature.

OMG you brought back the brightness adjust! I love you! =D

2.7 is even sleeker and still fast AND I still haven't had to do a full factory reset! Obviously if I have issues, I may have to but so far it's great.

Never Been so happy with my phone. Such a fantastic ROM!

Customization options are great and well implemented. Massive kudos to all involved and making the SGS amazing *and* on ICS as well!

Just wanted you to know I've been a big fan of this ROM since it showed up here, despite most of my posts being constructive criticizm's your work is actually very much appreciated.

Edit: new build.prop is perfect for the GT-I9000 and Navigon now works perfectly from standard flash. Thanks!

Edit2: The brightness adjust holding down on the status bar is a *little* tempremental, but works ok =) On GB if you held on it to get the bright adjust the "pull down" bit disappeared and was just for brightness. If you wanted to use pull down menu, you had to release and touch again.. if that makes sense. Might make it a tad less tempremental? =)
27th February 2012, 08:37 AM |#1255  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi, all works fine vor me except 2G Toggle in Pulldown Menü doesnt work. Data Toggle ist still buggy...

Thank you for your hard work
27th February 2012, 09:18 AM |#1256  
Flag Jagodina
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantroxx

Hi, all works fine vor me except 2G Toggle in Pulldown Menü doesnt work. Data Toggle ist still buggy...

Thank you for your hard work

I can confirm this...
27th February 2012, 09:32 AM |#1257  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asribar

For everyone with WiFi on-off problems... I think that netfilter module could be responsible for that...
I installed 2.7 - WiFi ok
Installed semaphore 0.9 - WiFi ok
Enabled netfilter - WiFi stopped working
Disabled netfilter - everything ok again

It doesn't work either.

I've just confirmed, after enabling wifi (and it keeps on toggling on/off), and then enabling bluetooth and restart, the wifi will work on the next boot. Disabling bluetooth and then rebooting will make the wifi keeps on toggling on/off again.

Any idea?
27th February 2012, 09:40 AM |#1258  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 19

More
in market - "your device isn't compatible with this item."
am on v2.5 - is there a work around?

change the dpi does not help.
27th February 2012, 09:54 AM |#1259  
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krarvind

can you be a bit more clear? i am not sure i follow.

This is what I am talking about:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=88
So if already is false, then this could be the problem i guess. Otherwise it's something else

If you read the first few pages of Devil's kernel: (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1445214), you read about a lot of people having problems.

I can't decompile myself right now to check, because it isn't set up on this computer...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to backhead92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift backhead92 Ad-Free
27th February 2012, 09:55 AM |#1260  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterSG

Have you installed the multi dpi market zip from OP?
27th February 2012, 09:58 AM |#1261  
Thanks Meter: 388

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterSG

you need to reboot and clear the data from market ....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aosp, ass, dhlalit11, ics, xda

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)