[TWEAK] ICS Responsiveness

3,900 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,874

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd February 2012, 10:44 AM |#61  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Odd observation. Ever since i installed, within 24 hours, my phone kept rebooting. Repeatedly. This is intermittent. Still looking into if this is hw related or perhaps a conflict with other sw. Nothing else with my phone has changed to make me think there are other variables though. No Trama to my phone so don't think it's hw related. Appears to happen when my battery is lower. Then again it happened a few times at about 80% one day. The reboots are quick in repetition. The phone won't be done scanning the memory before a reboot. i noticed it doesn't happen when I'm using it, but likes to happen at lower battery, and when i check my phone, don't unlock, and let the screen timeout. This it's the most often time i get a reboot. Again. This is not often, but when it does reboot, it does it in repetition. Even with this problem, i don't mind. I'm sure it could be other things. Especially since I'm the first posting the issue. Will keep looking into this and testing other variables. Want to reset my battery first. Trying to avoid an image install cause off the changes I've made since my last backup. Still a great upgrade. Love my screen. Will get back to you all would also love to hear I'm the only one

Sent from my gingervolt`ed revolution

24th February 2012, 06:26 AM |#62  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madert

Odd observation. Ever since i installed, within 24 hours, my phone kept rebooting. Repeatedly. This is intermittent. Still looking into if this is hw related or perhaps a conflict with other sw. Nothing else with my phone has changed to make me think there are other variables though. No Trama to my phone so don't think it's hw related. Appears to happen when my battery is lower. Then again it happened a few times at about 80% one day. The reboots are quick in repetition. The phone won't be done scanning the memory before a reboot. i noticed it doesn't happen when I'm using it, but likes to happen at lower battery, and when i check my phone, don't unlock, and let the screen timeout. This it's the most often time i get a reboot. Again. This is not often, but when it does reboot, it does it in repetition. Even with this problem, i don't mind. I'm sure it could be other things. Especially since I'm the first posting the issue. Will keep looking into this and testing other variables. Want to reset my battery first. Trying to avoid an image install cause off the changes I've made since my last backup. Still a great upgrade. Love my screen. Will get back to you all would also love to hear I'm the only one

Sent from my gingervolt`ed revolution

backup, wipe, flash g'Volt, flash this. Restore backup... TaDah! Same happened to me with ice cream kangwich theme...

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App
27th February 2012, 08:29 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
If I flashed a new rom do i have to do this again
The Following User Says Thank You to iamjerry123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iamjerry123 Ad-Free
27th February 2012, 08:37 AM |#64  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjerry123

If I flashed a new rom do i have to do this again

Yeah you'll have to.

Sent from my Dread Ginger Revo using Tapatalk.
8th March 2012, 06:44 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What would the letters be to for go launcher in to memory

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium
8th April 2012, 05:25 PM |#66  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will this work with the broken out rom? Is this now beneficial to use?
8th April 2012, 06:08 PM |#67  
Flag Marion, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlwoo

Will this work with the broken out rom? Is this now beneficial to use?

Lol yes it will work and it's been beneficial to use ever since I posted it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to spc_hicks09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spc_hicks09 Ad-Free
8th April 2012, 07:11 PM |#68  
College Station, Tx
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I flashed it for 1.1, ended up with considerably fewer screen freezes. Not certain if that is coincidence or not..
8th April 2012, 11:31 PM |#69  
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Ay hicks have u made any themes for the Max yet? Sorry I'm off subject here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium
9th April 2012, 01:41 AM |#70  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks Hicks. I wasn't sure so I just went for it. Figured if it didn't I would start over. Thanks again.

9th April 2012, 04:42 AM |#71  
Flag Marion, OH

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarden

backup, wipe, flash g'Volt, flash this. Restore backup... TaDah! Same happened to me with ice cream kangwich theme...

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA App

Lol that makes no sense at all. If you restore a nand backup, you're going to overwrite the files and have to flash it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1185

What would the letters be to for go launcher in to memory

To force your home launcher into memory, you need to open the build.prop and edit this line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

Make sure you have a "1" at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal8192

I flashed it for 1.1, ended up with considerably fewer screen freezes. Not certain if that is coincidence or not..

It could simply be a coincidence but other people have reported that too so maybe this helps with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootedUser

Ay hicks have u made any themes for the Max yet? Sorry I'm off subject here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

Not yet man but I'm itching to! Getting one in the works today but not sure how long it will take to make one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlwoo

Thanks Hicks. I wasn't sure so I just went for it. Figured if it didn't I would start over. Thanks again.

Very welcome!
The Following User Says Thank You to spc_hicks09 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spc_hicks09 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)