[ROM][MTD] MIUI-V4 2.2.24 (Android 4.0.3) 2/26/12

Search This thread

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
why is the vm heap size so large? and is there any way to lower it? i tried to lower it to 32, which is what I always have it at, but couldn't reboot afterwards. Did I just go too low?

this is from cm9

Adjusted heap settings to match crespo. This is very similar to a popular tweak in the forums. It prevents some Out of Memory crashes (i.e. NPR News). You can use these three lines in /system/build.prop to benefit from this tweak prior to alpha4.
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=5m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=48m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m

MДЯCЦSДИT

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 21, 2010
The only problem I have produced is that is is a little slower than cm9 (idk why that happened, it didn't seem to be slower before, but that might be my phone.). For some it is faster. YMMV. Themes and launcher sometimes force close. This is an upstream bug and I would wait for next week's release and see if it gets any better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
It's not just Gmail that is not showing up..a lot of apps are not available in the market.... probably not the best choice but I took cm9 build.prop and now I'm getting them in market

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
has using the cm9 build.prop caused any issues for u yet? thinking of trying it...a lot of apps won't install and aren't in the market.

And how can I get rid of this Data Usage Warning message?

Last edited:

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Whenever you get a version that you are happy with Marcusant, let me know and I'll begin working with you on making the changes to the MIUI Builder.

Ninja Edit: Just realized you sent me a PM about this about 10 days ago... i'm not so keen on looking at my PM's if you use Gtalk you can add me that way, my username is the same as the one i use here.

di14

Jan 24, 2012
Is there a way to get the wallpapers from MIUIv4? I will be switching between CM9 and MIUI often, and I like the new MIUI wallpapers

Bliger241

Sep 13, 2010
New York, New York
has using the cm9 build.prop caused any issues for u yet? thinking of trying it...a lot of apps won't install and aren't in the market.

And how can I get rid of this Data Usage Warning message?

I actually stopped using MIUI a couple of hours ago just because my phone wouldn't charge...I'm guessing it might have had something to do with changing the build.prop but I don't know how. I'm back on cm9 for now until probably alpha 2

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
As mentioned before by xBTx:

To everyone having issues with themes not changing everything:

All themes need to be updated for v4. Files have been moved around and renamed, and the themes need to reflect that.

This doesn't mean it's a all or nothing deal. Some parts will be changed with the theme and other parts will not.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Needs a [WIP] seeing how y'all are having soo many issues :D.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nWjmu.png

The Epic MIUI Port Team Presents
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G
    Alpha 1

Warning adverted. 911 confirmed working!

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Current Version: 2.2.24
    Download (please read the entire OP): http://miuiandroid.com/community/th...-v4-ics-alpha2-almost-everything-works.15621/

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using the MIUI v4 port bu Epic4GPortTeam

What Doesn't Work
    WiMax "4g"
    Themes if you don't create /data/system/theme/ (it should be fixed by default, but some need to do this fix)
    USB storage
    Occasional force closes (upstream)
    Sometimes sd is mean (read the fix below)

What Does Work
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)

What Is Untested
    Small things here and there

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

DO NOT ASK ABOUT 4G

How to fix some problems that are reported (try these before reporting a bug)
    Code:
    Settings > Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile Networks > System Select > Automatic
    Code:
    Dev Tools > Media Provider > Scan SD card

Thank you everyone for your hard work and patience

samurai kernel is up for Miui.v4 on the iap website...

Link: IAP website
    Yoink. Good work all!
    :p
    School takes up most of my day. Update eventually. Most likely today later on.

Sent from my AOKP/MIUI Epic 4G. I am an überkanger and proud!