[GSM/CDMA] RAZR Utility ---- OUTDATED. DO NOT USE.

Search This thread

rockhumper

Mar 17, 2011
I feel silly asking this...and I must be having a brain fart...but how do I actually use the file? plug phone in and....sorry I am really having a retard moment

lifegoesby

Oct 20, 2007
hello all. Sorry if this has been posted before but i just used this tool and all went great except after reboot, the phone has no service. When i look at about phone it says baseband unknown. I have a CDMA razr. Any ideas?

Mike The Menace

Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland
www.mikemillsjr.com
Help!

I own a VZW X912 RAZR. Uninstalled the MotoHelper 5.2 Tools and updated to the the latest Moto 5.4 Tools. Connected phone, started RAZR Utility and selected option 1 to update from 6.11.748 to 6.12. Screen has been stuck on erasing 'userdata' for 30 minutes now!!

EDIT: I figured the process wasn't too deep so I restarted the utility and phone and it appears to be working *fingers crossed*

Attachments

• razrutility.jpg
    razrutility.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

Mike The Menace

Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland
www.mikemillsjr.com
So I can confirm this utility is definitely working with the X912 CDMA RAZR. Make sure you have the Moto Helper 5.4 (latest version as of this post) installed. If not, uninstall any previous drivers and install the newest straight from Motorola's Support section on their website. Hopefully, your phone doesn't get stuck during the process...again I took a calculated risk by resetting mines, but as you can see from the screenshots I wasn't too deep in the process. The second time was a charm, the 2.3.6 root works flawlessly and now I'm about to try out AOKP AXI0M.

Reactions: mattlgroff

rockhumper

Mar 17, 2011
So I can confirm this utility is definitely working with the X912 CDMA RAZR. Make sure you have the Moto Helper 5.4 (latest version as of this post) installed. If not, uninstall any previous drivers and install the newest straight from Motorola's Support section on their website. Hopefully, your phone doesn't get stuck during the process...again I took a calculated risk by resetting mines, but as you can see from the screenshots I wasn't too deep in the process. The second time was a charm, the 2.3.6 root works flawlessly and now I'm about to try out AOKP AXI0M.

yeah i figured it out as well. Had a retard moment a few posts back! Worked like a charm when I ran the file.

dragonthl

Nov 24, 2005
London
I cant root the razr after restore to 651.73.30, my razr is XT910 GSM.
When I run root it shows:

* GSM XT910 RAZR Utility 1.00 - DroidRZR.com *
* Created by mattlgroff *

[*] Razr root script (Windows version)
[*] Exploit copyright (C) 2011 Revolutionary
[*] Scripting for Razr by Dan Rosenberg (@djrbliss)
[*]
[*] Before continuing, ensure USB debugging is enabled, that you
[*] have the Motorola USB drivers installed, and that your phone is
[*] connected via USB.
[*]
[*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .
[*]
[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Cleaning up previous runs...
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/*, No such file or directory
[*] Pushing exploit binary...
cannot stat 'files\zergrush': No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/local/tmp/zergrush: No such file or directory
[*] Running exploit...
/data/local/tmp/zergrush: not found
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Installing root tools...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'files\su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'files\busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
3755 KB/s (196120 bytes in 0.051s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Rebooting...

Any1 can help?

Last edited:

sevenup30

Jan 19, 2011
Montpellier
I cant root the razr after restore to 651.73.30, my razr is XT910 GSM.
When I run root it shows:

Any1 can help?

cannot stat 'files\zergrush': No such file or directory

do you have in your directory, the script plus a folder called "files" and in this folder "zergrush"?

if you have this, did you run the script as administrator?

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
so i just a new RAZR cdma on big red

from what i just skimmed thru....all i need to do is download the 1.4 ver and the 1.41 patch ...and that has EVERYTHING i need????

i'm downloading now......the 1.4 file is taking forever!!! anyone have a mirror....

props to the dev....looks like alot of hard work and very useful

which recovery method is everyone using...i read it says pick one

ps...my phone is still on the 2.3.5 ....should i do the OTA from verizon...or no???

thx

networkdood

Aug 2, 2008
Somewhere, lost in time....
I used option 1 on the CDMA version to restore to latest OTA version and now I am stuck at the welcome screen. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I used option 1 on the CDMA version to restore to latest OTA version and now I am stuck at the welcome screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks to a DroidRZR forum member, Nattybee:
'Turn phone on, when you see the Android guy DO NOT TOUCH
Then, starting with the top left corner of the screen, touch each corner of the screen clockwise (top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left)
At this point you should get a FC for setup...then you should get a box asking if you're sure you want to exit setup- YES- then you should get to the screen that tells you which parts of setup you completed (except none will be checked) click OK. '

Problem resolved.

lucidvtec

Jul 28, 2010
Wish i would of saw this last night.....i had the 1.41 patch installed...tried it like 4 times...kept getting stuck

So i reverted back to 1.4. And it worked perfect the first time

Get app!!!!!!

Ps i just got my razr last night...thx again ..already runnin a rom

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Thanks to a DroidRZR forum member, Nattybee:
'Turn phone on, when you see the Android guy DO NOT TOUCH
Then, starting with the top left corner of the screen, touch each corner of the screen clockwise (top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left)
At this point you should get a FC for setup...then you should get a box asking if you're sure you want to exit setup- YES- then you should get to the screen that tells you which parts of setup you completed (except none will be checked) click OK. '

Problem resolved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA App

gjnicholson

May 30, 2007
Jakarta
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi, just got my Razr today and tried rooting using this, but failed.

I the used the MotoFail method, which worked.

Android Version: 2.35
Baseband: U_03.1C.85P
Build No: 6.5.1_73-SPD-IRD-21
System Version: 61.1.21.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03

Will update my signature shortly!

Reactions: tomS01

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Hi, just got my Razr today and tried rooting using this, but failed.

I the used the MotoFail method, which worked.

Android Version: 2.35
Baseband: U_03.1C.85P
Build No: 6.5.1_73-SPD-IRD-21
System Version: 61.1.21.XT910.AsiaRetail.en.03

Will update my signature shortly!
Interesting, my utility uses the same method. I'd bet that you didn't use the latest GSM Utility that uses motofail....

raptir

May 4, 2010
First, thanks for making this utility. As someone who doesn't have a lot of free time to research the different options it's great to have it all in one place.

I have a Verizon Razr Maxx. I rooted using your utility before the .173 ota. I did some messing around and I would like to start from scratch. I take it the fastboot in option 1 would be what I'm looking for. Will that completely overwrite the file system (as in, everything in the /system/ folder)? Meaning, any extra files I had put there will be gone and any files I removed will be restored? That is what I am hoping for.

Also, is there any difference between 1.40 and 1.41 apart from not wiping the internal SD card?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Okay, so i did a little more digging and found the answers. I went ahead and restored using option 1, but all of my apps and etc are still installed. I also saw a couple errors while it was running (erasing userdata, erasing emstorage, erasing cache all failed). What could I have done wrong? I ran it multiple times and got the same result. Thanks.

EDIT2: Okay, so after a bit more Googling I did a data and cache wipe and tried it again. I still go three failures.

sending 'mbmloader' (42 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
sending 'mbm' (512 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))
rebooting into bootloader... FAILED (command write failed (No such file
or directory))

Are those things I should be concerned about? The system seems OK. I did this on my Razr Maxx (Verizon) after taking the .173 OTA.

Last edited:

ChuckzTouch

May 16, 2009
Taichung
Well, I used the great tool to root my Droid RAZR ASIA_USA unbranded GSM phone (OS Version 2.3.5) AND IT WORKED JUST AT STATED! I was stoked!

Then...THE VERY NEXT DAY...the OTA update to 2.3.6 (VERY nice improvement!) showed up on my phone. I had installed Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper as instructed, so I accepted the OTA update.

Arrrggghh! I now have a fully-functional UNrooted version 2.3.6 RAZR. I tried using OTA Rootkeeper to restore my root...but NO luck! And, when I try to use your fine .bat file to either (a) Restore my phone to pre-OTA (6.12.173), (b) Do Droid root for 2.3.6 or (c) Unroot NOTHING works.

I am not adverse to doing a full system reset to factory, redownloading the OTA, installing it and THEN rooting, but I wonder if there's an easier way.

Can anyone help a semi-noob with my problem? (I'm only a little bummed out and not a t all panicked.) ;-)

Chuck

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Well, I used the great tool to root my Droid RAZR ASIA_USA unbranded GSM phone (OS Version 2.3.5) AND IT WORKED JUST AT STATED! I was stoked!

:confused:

Doh! I THINK I downloaded used the wrong version of the script—912/CDMA instead of 910/GSM. Not sure if downloading and using the correct script will help me get back to where I want to be, but I'm going to try.

We'll see.

But I'd still like to know the simplist route back to OTA update to 2.3.6 + root.

Chuck

ChuckzTouch

May 16, 2009
Taichung
OK...did full (Moto) system reset. Left me with 2.3.6. OS and nothing changed...except that I had to retore all my apps. Still can't re-root with ANY .bat file.

However, i STILL have the Clockwork Mod menu whenever i re-start/reboot. Can I use that to get re-rooted? If, so, how?

Please help! My phone works fine, but is obvioulsy caught somewhere between stick and rooted.

Thanks!
Chuck

ChuckzTouch

May 16, 2009
Taichung
OK! SUCCESS!!!!

I used #mattlgroff 's fine "lite" utility (XT910RazrUtilityLITE.zip) and it (re)rooted my 2.3.6 RAZR on the first go!

* GSM XT910 RAZR Utility 1.00 - DroidRZR.com *
* Created by mattlgroff *

THANK YOU #MATTLGROFF!

You didn't save my bacon or my life, but you gave me back my ROOT!

Cheers,
Chuck in Taiwan!

Top Liked Posts