Search This thread
Original battery
- Slightly more out of pocket around 30 Usd ,
-Expect to get full 5000mah with 2 batteries ,
- Peace of mind
-does not make phone bulky + No issues with cases
- Technically never have to connect the phone to charger if u have a battery
charger( around 17 usd)
Cons - U have to carry the extra battery with you.
- have to switch around

Extended battery
-is for people who dont care around the extra bulk and weight it adds to phone
-Dont want to switch batteries.

In the past I used to buy extended batteries but realised that i dont make use of the extra power much.

Hence i got a 5000mah portable battery for use in emergency and dont have to worry about getting battery everytime i change a phone

DPMAce

Feb 12, 2011
Cleveland
Got this instead of the mugen. Mugen is just too damn expensive. Hopefully I don't have any horrible experiences with this battery.

NoteFortheWin

Feb 27, 2012
I used this battery the last two weeks and I absolutely love it.

Lasts a REALLY long time.

My only grip is that there's NO case that fits with this. I even tried making a rubber bumper using a cut up silicon case and it just doesn't stay on very well.

Reactions: DPMAce
Feb 27, 2012
I used this battery the last two weeks and I absolutely love it.

Lasts a REALLY long time.

My only grip is that there's NO case that fits with this. I even tried making a rubber bumper using a cut up silicon case and it just doesn't stay on very well.

This seems to be the only real downside. No manufactured case will fit with this. Youll have to make your own.

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
Got this battery yesterday fully charged it overnight before using and today i have pleasantly surprised as it does seem to double the battery life.

I use the wireless hotspot feature a lot and with the regular battery my hourly drain is 7-15% per hour.
With this battery it is 3-7% per hour, so exactly double the capacity.
I was worried by the cheap price but it seems to work just fine (at least for now).

UncleManuel

Mar 1, 2010
Bamberg
I normally like extended batteries (had one on my HD2) but THAT is simply too much! Destroys the look of the Note completely... :eek:

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
I don't understand why they don't use miss shapen batteries for doing this have say a block the same size as stock battery then have a really flat but wide and long bit that spans over most of the back of the phone so its still relatively flat. But still 5000 mah

Reactions: moyajaya

NoteFortheWin

Feb 27, 2012
I wish they made a battery that was the entire size of that extended cover. Imagine a battery for the Note with like 10,000 mah. I would love it.

Tubgirl

Nov 5, 2009
A 7500mAh battery should be fairly easy to make. Just look at this picture I just took where I placed 2 batteries on top of the existing stock battery (3x2500=7500mAh).

http://s13.postimage.org/4fkut53n9/7500m_Ah.jpg

If a TPU case for the extended battery cover is released I might try this for real (using double-sided tape and some wiring). With a TPU case I might get away with not using a back cover at all.

OR... the best solution would be if a manufacturer would be inspired by my picture and actually make a professional version of it.

Brgds... /Tubgirl

Tubgirl

Nov 5, 2009
Omg it's 3x as thick. And 3x as heavy

You didn't look at the picture did you? ;-)

Take a look at this thread using a browser and you'll be able to see the picture and realize that the "3x as thick" comment wasn't very smart. The batteries are placed in a way that utilizes almost the full area of the Note. The bulk only adds the thickness of one battery even though two batteries are added.

Brgds... /Tubgirl

Last edited:

jeromepearce

Jun 7, 2007
Mackay
www.processmapping.com.au
I don't understand why they don't use miss shapen batteries for doing this have say a block the same size as stock battery then have a really flat but wide and long bit that spans over most of the back of the phone so its still relatively flat. But still 5000 mah

I think the technology itself does not allow this easily. I cannot cite the source, but I did read something a while ago. This is also why batteries are typically either round or 'flat' (ish), as they are made up of sheets.

I may be completely wrong, of course...

Alexanderbooth

Apr 5, 2011
I think the technology itself does not allow this easily. I cannot cite the source, but I did read something a while ago. This is also why batteries are typically either round or 'flat' (ish), as they are made up of sheets.

I may be completely wrong, of course...

Really? Well that sucks I guess, but would be cool if they did.

DPMAce

Feb 12, 2011
Cleveland
You didn't look at the picture did you? ;-)

Take a look at this thread using a browser and you'll be able to see the picture and realize that the "3x as thick" comment wasn't very smart. The batteries are placed in a way that utilizes almost the full area of the Note. The bulk only adds the thickness of one battery even though two batteries are added.

Brgds... /Tubgirl

Do you even have this battery?

I'm posting about what I see when I compare the two side by side. How does that have anything to do with how smart I am?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After reading a few reviews on here about the generic eBay extended batteries and the overpriced Mugen extended one I decided on the Hyperion 5000 mAh battery.

It was available on Amazon for ~20 bucks + $4.99 shipping: http://amzn.to/xtT3Sf

Performance so far has been GREAT, twice as much as the stock battery probably more - i got 6+ hours of screen time! I would definitely recommend it over the generic eBay crap and the good but WAY overpriced Mugen battery

Here is what it looks like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjW2qYD62A
    My Hyperion 5000mah battery results

2nd cycle results same settings
    Not happy with results :(
    lesser den first cycle
    this time i will charge for longer time lets see
    My Hyperion 5000mah battery results

Cycle 4 results with lot of changes
    1.Display set to 30% instead of 100%
    2.removed all haptic feedback
    3.Using battery 2x app

Remaining all are same settings
    ie
    1.Live Wallpaper
    2.edge
    Still 5% battery left :)
    A 7500mAh battery should be fairly easy to make. Just look at this picture I just took where I placed 2 batteries on top of the existing stock battery (3x2500=7500mAh).

http://s13.postimage.org/4fkut53n9/7500m_Ah.jpg

If a TPU case for the extended battery cover is released I might try this for real (using double-sided tape and some wiring). With a TPU case I might get away with not using a back cover at all.

OR... the best solution would be if a manufacturer would be inspired by my picture and actually make a professional version of it.

Brgds... /Tubgirl
    do not trust Hyperion

i purchased one of hyperion's 2600mAh slim battery for galaxy note a week ago, 2600mAh is 100mAh more than stock battery, which means it should last a little longer than my stock one. but after few days use, i feel hyperion last much shorter.
    i rip off the label of hyperion battery, guess what?
    it's marked only 1750mAh under the label !!!! what a kind of joking!! i'll never trust this brand again. i believe their 5000mAh extended battery is a fake as well. some one who have this battery can try my way.
    see my attachments