Slow touch?

Search This thread

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
I got my Titan today and the first thing I noticed was that the touch was a bit slow, nothing to really care about but coming from the iPhone I expected the same "tracking" but it ain't there. Anyone else feeling this?

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
I got my Titan today and the first thing I noticed was that the touch was a bit slow, nothing to really care about but coming from the iPhone I expected the same "tracking" but it ain't there. Anyone else feeling this?

You on 8107? Did you start out with a Fresh Install? Any apps that might cause this?

Probably Digitizer issue... If you got warranty with AT&T/UK/whoever replace it

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
You on 8107? Did you start out with a Fresh Install? Any apps that might cause this?

Probably Digitizer issue... If you got warranty with AT&T/UK/whoever replace it

Yes 8107, I booted the phone and I had a few updates available so I updated it completely (I don't know what firmware it was from beginning, but definitely Mango at least). I'm not sure what you mean with Fresh install, please elaborate.

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
Yes 8107, I booted the phone and I had a few updates available so I updated it completely (I don't know what firmware it was from beginning, but definitely Mango at least). I'm not sure what you mean with Fresh install, please elaborate.

Fresh Install as In... A Factory Reset.... Like its better to start out with a clean slate then to start using a phone that was already being used and had some caches/apps loaded onto it...

Its best to ruled out any software issues before blaming Hardware (replacement)

Tachi91

Oct 15, 2008
Subartic - Americana
And the digitizer is definitely not faulty.

Basically if its lagging it would be software related... There's a delay from when you do something to when WP7 responses to it... I would suggest backing Up and doing a Factory Reset and see if it makes a difference.

Did you load up the phone with stuff? Supposedly there's an issue with AT&T models that lag when low in memory even if you don't have that model it could be related

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Fresh Install as In... A Factory Reset.... Like its better to start out with a clean slate then to start using a phone that was already being used and had some caches/apps loaded onto it...

Its best to ruled out any software issues before blaming Hardware (replacement)

It was brand new, never used before so it should have been from scratch already (I had to go through the setup thing and so on)

Basically if its lagging it would be software related... There's a delay from when you do something to when WP7 responses to it... I would suggest backing Up and doing a Factory Reset and see if it makes a difference.

Did you load up the phone with stuff? Supposedly there's an issue with AT&T models that lag when low in memory even if you don't have that model it could be related

I got like 15 apps installed but I really don't feel like resetting the phone, I can live with this.

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
It was brand new, never used before so it should have been from scratch already (I had to go through the setup thing and so on)

I got like 15 apps installed but I really don't feel like resetting the phone, I can live with this.

if it's an ATT model, I won't be surprised. Plenty of issues heard in the past with earlier batches too.

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
Make sure your thumb is not touching the sides as the screen comes so close to the sides that i was touching it and not knowing it, which made it appear to lag or not press numbers to unlock and such. The easy fix for it was to get a hard rubber case which raised my thumbs up so they wouldn't brush the screen edges when typing.

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
if it's an ATT model, I won't be surprised. Plenty of issues heard in the past with earlier batches too.

It's not an AT&T model, it's totally unbranded.

Make sure your thumb is not touching the sides as the screen comes so close to the sides that i was touching it and not knowing it, which made it appear to lag or not press numbers to unlock and such. The easy fix for it was to get a hard rubber case which raised my thumbs up so they wouldn't brush the screen edges when typing.

I press the screen straight on with my fingers. Anyway, I might just be overreacting here but it definately feels like the touch is a liiiiiittle after, delayed or whatever you wanna call it.

AndyFZ1S

Apr 15, 2010
London
Looking at your video it seems perfectly normal to me, None of my WP7 devices have ever been any better than your Titan, (2xHD7 and a Titan) Maybe it's just a case of getting over your last phone and adapting to the way Windows Phone works, Took me ages after win Mo 6.5 :eek:

clemsouille

Jan 28, 2011
Hi ArtieQ,
I have the same feeling as you : the scroll doesn't follow immediatly the finger, compared to my Omnia 7 or my iPhone. I hope HTC will fix this with an update, but I'm dreaming...

Last edited:

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Hi ArtieQ,
I have the same feeling as you : the scroll doesn't follow immediatly the finger, compared to my Omnia 7 or my iPhone. I hope HTC will fix this with an update, but I'm dreaming...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one, because yesterday I was about to send in my Titan for warranty repair but later changed my mind. I really hope this is software related, but I think not.

clemsouille

Jan 28, 2011
I was also glad when I saw your post because nobody except you has noticed it. But if you look at any video of the titan, you'll see the problem is always here...

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Last edited:

mikaelp74

Apr 27, 2009
I have both an Omnia 7 and a Titan and one thing i noticed on the Titan is that if I don't hold the phone with one hand and use the other for touch the screen lags and failes to register the finger at times. On the Omnia 7 I don't have this problem. The Titan might be worse either way but it's a huge difference when not holding the phone on my Titan atleast

It's easy to reproduce in some games... I get missed swipes (fruit ninja) or birds that fly when I am still trying to get the perfect angle (angry birds).

I was hoping for a firmware to fix this but didn't know if anyone else have a problem so havent bothered reporting it to HTC. I guess if we don't the wont know it's a problem?

//Mikael P

suua

Jun 17, 2010
Sarpsborg/ Norway
Its got nothing to do with the OS if someone is wondering that! this is an HTC thing, evry phone from HTC have this, its just thay are not as responsiv as a Samsung phone or an IPhone, just look at HTC phone with Android its the same slow respons. if im not worng, this is an Screen issue, i mean an HTC issue HTC use on there phones.