ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 for TFP

Search This thread

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
I just thought maybe the OP modified the 5.5.0.4 for the TFP and maybe ROM manager might be supporting the tf201 via the tf101 recovery. Thought it was a valid question though.

Sent from my TF201
using xda premium

RamAir02

Dec 3, 2007
New York, NY
It's great for what you guys(dev.) do for the community. I am always in favorable of Custom Rom. But, I bricked my first Prime during the OTA .13 updated. If I install the unlocker bootloader(half open) from Asus. I have to update to ICS first. which I don't want to at the moment until the full bootloader come out. It also void the warranty. And there has been few cases got bricked by using it. Just don't want take that chance again....... Beside, HC OS is working better(WIFI & GPS) than my bricked ICS OS. Maybe, that's why Asus send me a replacement with HC OS??? No point of switching right now. As ICS is still quite new so as the hardware Targa 3. There always be bugs and more updates to do.
I just hope someone can come up with the full crack version of unlock bootloader soon for CWM Recovery, so I can do the full rom backup and explore other Custom Rom and recover from CWM Recovery in case anything go wrong.
Well, thanks anyway.

ICS has been very stable on my Prime and runs much better than HC ever did. In addition, Virtuous ROM flies and has been a great improvement over stock ICS. That makes the voided warranty worth it to me, but I do understand why some are leery.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

msfguard

Jan 18, 2012
Jackson, TN
OK I got a weird thing happening, using the official recovery I wiped from .14 virtuous and applied .15 now when I click reboot I'm just rebooting to recovery

scassel

Dec 8, 2010
York, PA
Rom manager recognizes my transformer prime but when I try to flash 5.0.0.6 it still shows 5.5.0.4. Also, when I choose to backup or boot into recovery, it just reboots. Any ideas? At least your recovery works and for that I thank you immensely.

Sent from my TF201
using xda premium

I believe you are confusing the Rom Manager version and the Recovery version. The RM version is 5.0.0.6 and the Recovery version is 5.5.0.4 ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

R00l

Feb 23, 2012
Can any please help me. I am on the newest update for the Asus TF Prime, and I am rooted and unlocked via Viperboy's amazing tool. However, regardless of how I push the ClockWorkMod to my TFP, Viperboy's tool, ADB via Windows 7, Terminal Emulator on the TFP itself (Local SDCard as well as external SDCard) it says successful, reboots and I get:

"Blob Signature Failed" and then it reboots again, and loads normally. If I attempt to go to Recovery, it just shows the Android bot, then goes to the screen where he is laying down and the red !.

I do not know what else to do, as I have felt like I have read and followed all the guides and tips you Gents have posted. Also, for sure it is the .blob file and not the .sos file.

I have also tried installing via Rom Manager, same results.

I would appreciate any assistance on this.

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
Can any please help me. I am on the newest update for the Asus TF Prime, and I am rooted and unlocked via Viperboy's amazing tool. However, regardless of how I push the ClockWorkMod to my TFP, Viperboy's tool, ADB via Windows 7, Terminal Emulator on the TFP itself (Local SDCard as well as external SDCard) it says successful, reboots and I get:

"Blob Signature Failed" and then it reboots again, and loads normally. If I attempt to go to Recovery, it just shows the Android bot, then goes to the screen where he is laying down and the red !.

I do not know what else to do, as I have felt like I have read and followed all the guides and tips you Gents have posted. Also, for sure it is the .blob file and not the .sos file.

I have also tried installing via Rom Manager, same results.

I would appreciate any assistance on this.

I do not get the feeling that you actually unlocked your Prime, which is not good.

As far as I know, Viperboy's tool does not unlock the bootloader. You do that with a tool from Asus (an .apk). One other person seems to have messed up his Prime by trying to go to CWM before unlocking. Hopefully, someone will figure out a cure for this.

Reactions: R00l

GirLuvsDroid

Feb 16, 2010
Wilmington, DE
I do not get the feeling that you actually unlocked your Prime, which is not good.

As far as I know, Viperboy's tool does not unlock the bootloader. You do that with a tool from Asus (an .apk). One other person seems to have messed up his Prime by trying to go to CWM before unlocking. Hopefully, someone will figure out a cure for this.

Actually, viperMOD 4.5 does install the unlock tool for you, then tells you to go to the app in your app drawer and go through the steps to unlock, then when you boot up again after unlocking, you press enter in the viperMOD command line and it install CWM for you.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions to help R00l.

R00l

Feb 23, 2012

You were right. I went and ran that (I thought I ran the tool before...) and it unlocked it... more? Well, after the unlock ran and rebooted, I installed CWM via Rom Manager. Thank you so much for your assistance, Thanks goes to you.

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Ok, what gives... is there some kind of magical secret for installing CWM through Rom Manager. I have Rom Manager, select Asus Transformer Prime, select install CWM, blue bar at the top goes all the way (to about where the setting key is).... and then nothing. It just sits there unitl I get a FC. every time. Any ideas?

Yes, I unlocked my bootloader, in about 30 sec with the apk.

tedr108

Dec 3, 2011
Los Angeles area, CA
Ok, what gives... is there some kind of magical secret for installing CWM through Rom Manager. I have Rom Manager, select Asus Transformer Prime, select install CWM, blue bar at the top goes all the way (to about where the setting key is).... and then nothing. It just sits there unitl I get a FC. every time. Any ideas?

Yes, I unlocked my bootloader, in about 30 sec with the apk.

Mine did the same exact thing when I was not connected to the internet. Are you connected?

Last edited:

ryanbell

Jun 6, 2010
CWM Not working.

Fully Rooted and Unlocked TFP201... Installed CWM using 2 methods (Rom Manager Flash + Blob File Push with no luck. - Installs Successful)

I shut down device then Held down vol Down and hit power then + Vol within 5 seconds does not boot me into CWM.

I do not see any txt top left and have no chance to Hit vol Up.. The devices only boots up missing the CWM process... Any Ideas ? What is wrong ?

Last edited:

scassel

Dec 8, 2010
York, PA
Fully Rooted and Unlocked TFP201... Installed CWM using 2 methods (Rom Manager Flash + Blob File Push with no luck. - Installs Successful)

I shut down device then Held down vol Down and hit power then + Vol within 5 seconds does not boot me into CWM.

I do not see any txt top left and have no chance to Hit vol Up.. The devices only boots up missing the CWM process... Any Ideas ? What is wrong ?

You must hold volume down and power until you see the white text in the upper left corner of the screen. Once you see the text, release volume down and power and press volume up within 5 seconds.

ryanbell

Jun 6, 2010
You must hold volume down and power until you see the white text in the upper left corner of the screen. Once you see the text, release volume down and power and press volume up within 5 seconds.

Thanks for the update. I have done this and held my vol down and power for 5 minutes no white text. Screen stays black but do feel a vibration when hitting power. No clue whats going on ...

Last edited:

Swiftks

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 16, 2011
The Woodlands, TX
Thanks for the update. I have done this and held my vol down and power for 5 minutes no white text. Screen stays black but do feel a vibration when hitting power. No clue whats going on ...

Try installing the CWM version that's included in Viper's Prime Time Root program. After that you can try flashing the Rom Manager version.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
Stock recovery

Is there a way to go back to the stock recovery once CWM is installed? And if so how can it be done?

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
Why would you want to? You may be able to try the fasboot wipe recovery command, but I don't think the fast boot commands were working... but they may be.

Sent from my CM7 Atrix 4G

Let's say I needed to return the tablet to the store still have 15 days and I wanted to put it back to stock. Just asking..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Seeing as Asus released the unlock tool for the Transformer Prime, we made a Clockworkmod Recovery image for it.

tfpcwm5.jpg

One caveat:
    This uses the internal sdcard for the Prime. So you won't be able to mount usb mass storage, or use the MicroSD. But that should not be too much of an issue.

Download link and instructions on Androidroot.mobi.

Enjoy!
    DeathByFugu said:

NEW CWM v5.8.2.0

Also available in RM

Apparently faster Backup times
    edit: Backup times about 10x faster

*possible kernel backup/restore working
    Will test soon
    Edit: Pretty sure boot img restore works! Testing more thoroughly
    Edit: Confirmed, this is what I did:

Backup Virtuous-> Wipe-> Install CM9-> Reboot (allow kernel flash) -> Wipe -> Restore Virtuous-> Boot into Virtuous to make sure all is working-> working!
    PrimeTime v4.5 will install the Asus tool for you (if you haven't already) and then flash CWM :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1427125

Also, I will be on IRC for a little bit. Stop by if you want to. freenode #viperROM. Thanks!
    If any of you guys are having issues with this, hang tight. I will update PrimeTime shortly to do this for you!
    Hey - hot on the heels of CWM:

CyanogenMod for Transformer Prime:
    http://androidroot.mobi/2012/02/22/cyanogenmod-9-for-asus-transformer-prime/

Fantastic!

Have to unlock now!