Avast antivirus and LBE Privacy

Search This thread

valdesr11

Apr 21, 2010
Miami, Florida
Just wanted to know your opinion on these two apps. Which one would you chose to be running on your EVO?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using xda premium

bmtdan

Apr 5, 2010
cincinnati
Avast was handy I tried it because its what I use on my computer but man did it kill battery lol

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I've been using LBE Privacy Guard for quite some time now and love it. It isn't an antivirus, so don't get too comfortable. What it does, though, is manage individual app permissions and alert you if something is doing what it shouldn't (if you've set it up right). I also like the fact it monitors your monthly data usage, but being unlimited on Sprint means I don't really have to care about that.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
As far as I know haven't seen or heard of a virus like a windows type of virus. Linux based devices are pretty smooth . No need for anti virus. Just sucks more battery lol some even require monthly subscription .

valdesr11

Apr 21, 2010
Miami, Florida
As far as I know haven't seen or heard of a virus like a windows type of virus. Linux based devices are pretty smooth . No need for anti virus. Just sucks more battery lol some even require monthly subscription .

Yeah your right. Just did my research. Well what I decided to do was stick with LBE which works amazing and has not let me down yet and I went ahead and installed Cerbrus which has good reviews for an Anti Theft app. If anyone has any other solutions, let me know and I'll give it a try. I'm a test rat for apps.

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Yeah your right. Just did my research. Well what I decided to do was stick with LBE which works amazing and has not let me down yet and I went ahead and installed Cerbrus which has good reviews for an Anti Theft app. If anyone has any other solutions, let me know and I'll give it a try. I'm a test rat for apps.

As for protection a pin would help keep folks from gettin in.. Also if they factory reset the phone which I doubt someone who steals a phone in the first place is smart enough to do. They won't be able to buy anything under your account on the market also can set a pin for that too... Also by the time they figure things out you will of have reported it stolen... I have seen alot of method to remote wipe your stufff. :D Also locate your phone GPS wise... They have a option on the evo 3d to locate phone .. As long as your battery isn't dead...