263 posts
Thanks Meter: 171

By Sorensiim, Senior Member on 29th December 2010, 12:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2012, 08:17 PM |#141  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you, this method saved me $450 Something failed during flashing so my Atrix 2 wasn't able to charge its -almost depleted- battery. With an old usb cable, these instructions and lot of prayers my phone lived again. Now it's updated to 2.3.6 and rooted!
4th February 2012, 10:28 AM |#142  

More
Hi everybody,

I am a french owner of a defy phone.

I thought my phone was screwed up, but thanks to this thread I was able to charge a phone and I could flash it again. Thank you again, and I hope that google has translated what I meant

It's not so difficult to do but you have to be carreful and accurate.

The procedure I followed was to remove some plastic at the tip of the red and black and caught the two by putting the battery respectively the red to + and black to -. It holds well, but of course, do not hang the phone.
Be patient and do not let anything rash, I have two left hands (French-speaking to say not very handy) so doable by anyone, just do not connect the USB cable if you are unsure of what is did.

Good luck, there are no problems only solutions
7th February 2012, 04:18 AM |#143  

More
This is very interesting is there any other ways to do this? this seems kind of dangerous
7th February 2012, 07:13 AM |#144  
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13i11y

This is very interesting is there any other ways to do this? this seems kind of dangerous

Yes this is dangerous, I bought a battery charger from Ebay, for about $3, to avoid this problem.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using xda premium
29th February 2012, 05:22 AM |#145  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Somehow I managed to brick my Defy and thanks to you guys I bring it back to life.

Some pics:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xdvl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xdvl Ad-Free
2nd March 2012, 01:09 PM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
If you donrt want to destroy an usb cable You can also use an old mobile charger adapter (from your old siemens or nokia or else )
The Following User Says Thank You to bone101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bone101 Ad-Free
4th March 2012, 06:31 AM |#147  

More
Get a universal charger
For me I bought a universal charger which cost me something like Rs. 100/- in India (about 2 USD). This is after running around after service center to service center for 4 days. Some of the service center says it is going to cost me Rs. 5K.
5th March 2012, 08:04 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
So I could use any USB-cable or any random mobile charger lying around in my house?
5th March 2012, 09:26 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Look for 4.5 V to 5 V DC
Dont foget : its all on your own risk

Sent from my MB526 using XDA
7th March 2012, 09:49 PM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Great stuff, brought my Defy back to life after I flashed a 2.3.x kernel on it and the battery suddenly just stopped charging.

Cheers & thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
flash, hack, mcgyver, modding, program

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)