[OFFICIAL-MIUI-PT-ROM][Jan 20][U8800]MIUI v2.1.20[2.3.7][EN-PT]

Search This thread

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
hi. i am thinking of installing custom rom..
what is the best? Aurora ou MIUI rom ? what bugs are currently found on MIUI ?

when updating from MIUI to MIUI version will i loose data?
Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.

diogojcr

Aug 30, 2011
Sobreda
Does Aurora have a stable/complete ROM for u8800? Or are you just talking about the Aurora ICS port? That's close, but I'm not sure I would call it a daily ROM at this point, not just yet.

This ROM is pretty good, I had some battery issues that I could never get past so I went back to CM7. I'd try this ROM if it's your first, it's very nice and very different from stock.

It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try :)

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
It seems you have no clue about Aurora ICS, it's on v1.10, perfectly stable for daily use and has no major bugs. I'm not saying that it is better or worse than the rom discussed in this thread, just saying that you are wrong, give it a try :)
Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23078414&postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure

Last edited:

krish_nank

Nov 22, 2008
Karnataka
Was planning to play with it this coming weekend, I saw the camera fix recently. But, the sdcard mounting issues, GPS app FC's, and wifi not connecting automatically would kind of point to it not being a daily ROM for someone looking to run their first custom ROM..

Edit: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23078414&postcount=1463 isn't "pretty much stable" lol

but you're right, it's not an alpha test ROM for sure
Is the latest portugal MIUI ROM is for GB or froyo.....???

PaulMilbank

May 1, 2011
Auckland
it is based on 2.3.7 gingerbread miui base as opposed to 4.0 ICS base but it has a .32 froyo based kernel as opposed to the official .35 gb kernel.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
But i am seeing at under GB branch for download

here http://www.miuiportugal.pt/index.php?pages/GB/#all
Yes, it's based on android 2.3.x (2.3.7 I think) which makes it Gingerbread. Official GB ROM's normally use .35 kernels, but many of the custom ROM's use the .32 kernel - it tends to be more stable and the drivers work easier/better.

To use a .35-kernel ROM on the u8800 you must go through the official upgrade process using a stock GB ROM. Not sure why, I think because it changes the disk partition layout and maybe also the radio firmware?

So, to put on a custom ROM using an easy method, chose one that uses the same kernel version that you have now. This is a good one if you are running a .32 kernel, there is also a MIUI port for a .35 kernel. I use a .32 kernel and CyanogenMod 7, but I used this ROM quite a while and liked it.

Edit: Dammit Paul you beat me to it - that'll teach me for typing long messages!!

maggotor

Nov 12, 2010
Anyone having problems installing apks? I always get the error application not installed.also unable to install or update any apps from market. This is since the latest 2.3.9 release. Read stuff about signing the apps and some manifest file to edit. All sounds really complicated just to install some apps.

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
Anyone having problems installing apks? I always get the error application not installed.also unable to install or update any apps from market. This is since the latest 2.3.9 release. Read stuff about signing the apps and some manifest file to edit. All sounds really complicated just to install some apps.

No bro, I've installed several apps from Google Play Store, no issues.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
Find little bug in miui weather hd. Wheather prediction shows in PT language when locale is ENG.
Everything else is superb.

Sent from my u8800 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Fruitgull

Apr 10, 2011
What version of bootloader do this require?

I've downgraded from 528 to 518 and then I installed b138. And I can't seem to get Miui to work. It installs fine, but won't boot (hangs on the Huawei logo). I've wiped all that there is to wipe and tried to install several times.

Is this i bootloader issue?

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
What version of bootloader do this require?

I've downgraded from 528 to 518 and then I installed b138. And I can't seem to get Miui to work. It installs fine, but won't boot (hangs on the Huawei logo). I've wiped all that there is to wipe and tried to install several times.

Is this i bootloader issue?

It's .32 so go back to b136.

Sent from my u8800 using XDA

Fruitgull

Apr 10, 2011
It's .32 so go back to b136.

Sent from my u8800 using XDA

Thank you for the answer :)

So b138 shouldn't work, but b136 should? Both of them use .32 kernel.

If I 'show log' in Recovery 5.5.0.4 I get:
Failed to open /sys/class/android_usb/android0/state: No such file or directory

Is this a error from the MIUI boot or is it a pure CWM recovery error? In other words. Is this the cause of MIUI not booting?

Last edited:

Fruitgull

Apr 10, 2011
b136 or b138 will be fine. If you are back on 2.2 .32 kernel, I would use 5.0.2.6 recovery:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288223&highlight=z4root

Probably a recovery error. 5.0.2.7 is a gingerbread recovery and 5.5.0.4 is an ICS recovery.

Thanks again! :) I tried 4.0.0.5 and now I'm running MIUI :)
Yesterday I updated my phone to 528, but had severe problems with sd card bug so I downgraded to 138 and now I'm back with MIUI (ran Stockwell's old version before I updated to 528) :)

boss_y

Jun 27, 2006
Latest version 2.3.30 has problem with keyboard. If I go to settings -> input method it has FC. Went back to .23.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

i'm here to give you MIUIPortugal Port for U8800 so you can enjoy your awsome phone.

This port is a continuation of Stockwell's great work and i will try to make it better anda better always counting with the help of all the MIUI community.

Kernell franciscofranco: by franciscofranco
    English Translation: by MIUI US

Download Page

FAQ:
    Question: My X5 have Random Reboots/Don't boots/Many FC's/Wifi doesn't work. Any Solution?
    Answer: Folow exactly this steps :
    1-Factory Reset;
    2-Install Rom;
    3-Let the phone boot (if he doesn't boot take of the battery);
    4-Factory reset again;
    5-Install rom again;

This should solve your problems, if not ask me so i can understand your problem.
    Caros amigos,
    a informação que eu vinculei anteriormente, não se verificou, no site miui.com estava um tópico que informava que este equipamento teria suporte oficial, eu na altura não confirmei com a pessoa que faz a ligação com o Miui Portugal e deveria ter feito esta confirmação, pelo que peço desculpas por ter prestado uma informação incorreta, dado a desistência de desenvolvimento do miui.com no GB, este equipamento não terá suporte oficial.
    Cumprimentos

Hi,
    i've seen a topic in miui.com reporting that this equipment would have official support, at the time I have not confirmed with the person making the connection with the Miui Portugal and should have done this confirmation , so I apologize for having provided incorrect information, given the withdrawal of development of miui.com in GB, this equipment will not have official support.
    Best regards

About three months ago there was a message in OP-post:

Where it is? I mean official support.

Since miui.com will stop/has stopped development for MIUI GB, our phone will no longer have official support, unless it becomes officially supported for MIUIv4, which is pretty close to impossible. We do have a bunch of MIUI ports for our phone though, and some of them pretty good ones.
    Update to 1.12.16
    Cumps
    Thanks for your feedback, will ask ffranco about thetering.

No problem and again, gotta emphasize this; what doesn't work for me, may work for the others (and vice versa). Great work anyways, thanks. :)
    I might be saying something wrong but I think all MIUI roms are based on Desire Z release, MIUI-PT, Reta4t & Darksage, and others.
    Then each one compiles its one way but then again all using Stockwells "The Rat" works ;)