Samsung OEM Book Cover Case for Galaxy Tab 7.7 for $31

Search This thread

jakenz

Sep 8, 2010
The Windy City
Weight of the Samsung book-style case?

Apologies if this has already been asked and I've missed it. But would someone who has this case mind weighing it please. I'd be interested to hear exactly how much it adds to the 7.7's svelte 340gm fighting weight...

(Background is I have gotten spoilt with one of those ultra slim, light and tactile rubberised hard mesh cases for my SGS and since then using anything heavier - like a TPU/gel case feels like a crime! )

Cheers

murmur70

Jul 12, 2010
Bedford, IN
Apologies if this has already been asked and I've missed it. But would someone who has this case mind weighing it please. I'd be interested to hear exactly how much it adds to the 7.7's svelte 340gm fighting weight...

(Background is I have gotten spoilt with one of those ultra slim, light and tactile rubberised hard mesh cases for my SGS and since then using anything heavier - like a TPU/gel case feels like a crime! )

Cheers

Mine came in at 98.9gm.

TBarb169

Jun 21, 2011
Sota
Got mine today from Cellguru. Really like how slim it is. Does not bother me at all that it opens to the right vs. the left.:)

whoknows86

Feb 16, 2008
Just chiming in here. Got the case, it really does not add any noticeable thickness to the tab at all.

It's really light and thin and has a real cool feel to it.

The rubber portion that acts like a stand in landscape isn't the greatest but it works okay. There is no cut out for the volume rocker which having the case on for a few days already I can see an indentation forming where the buttons is located. That is basically my one and only concern about the case

But all in all, I really like it.

I was unfortunate not to have ordered it when it was $31 USD. Picked it up on Amazon for $45.89 from East West Enterprises LLC. Now they are claiming to be in stock on the 15th.

A bit pricey if you ask me but worth it.

bothfly

May 26, 2011
I just got this case today as well off of Amazon.
I don't think your going to find a slimmer case out there.
The back snaps on and there is zero added thickness to the GT, the cover does open in the opposite direction, but if that bugs you you can just turn your GT upside down and all is good.
The cutout for the power button is a soft vinyl material that I can see not lasting that long, but for reading the front lays perfectly flat on the back. It will also stay upright for watching a movie.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
How is the durability of the OEM case? The flipcover on the Galaxy Note starts to wear down in 2 months of use.

icedwolf44

Jul 10, 2009
So it looks like 'book cover cases' are starting to pop up on ebay. Not the crappy OEM one we have now, but the original ones with hte magnetic flap with keyboard mode. Search ebay, I can't post links cuz new member.

ANy thoughts?

VortX

Feb 19, 2008
Sofia
So it looks like 'book cover cases' are starting to pop up on ebay. Not the crappy OEM one we have now, but the original ones with hte magnetic flap with keyboard mode. Search ebay, I can't post links cuz new member.

ANy thoughts?

I saw an "Original" offering of a "calaxy" tab 7.7 case with magnetic seal. But I don't believe it is the real deal. I cannot find it on Samsung's site either.

bhadip

Jan 13, 2010
I found one for only $31.70 + $1.99 Minimum Shipping (they have USPS and FedEx options)
They ship from PA, USA.

I wasn't going to get one based on all the mixed reviews and I wanted a "proper" case with multi-view angles, but for now I guess this will do at this price. At least it's not $45+

Hi estelgrace,

I notice you were using Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE prior to 7.7.
How do you find 7.7 compare to 8.9? Any unexpected issues so far?

Thanks.
bhadip.

VortX

Feb 19, 2008
Sofia
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available"

Which one was it?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

ikeny

Feb 18, 2011
thecellguru.com has the Samsung case back in stock. It got shipped the same day I placed the order, and I received it in one week (in Canada).

http://www.thecellguru.com/Products/62515

I am extremely happy with the case. It doesn't add much bulk to the tablet. The only thing I wish it's different is the cut out of the power button, as it's not really necessary.

Please hit 'Thanks' if you find my post useful :)

Attachments

• IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0285.JPG
    IMG_0285.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0286.JPG
    IMG_0286.JPG