423 posts
Thanks Meter: 114

By iNsAnEmOd, Account currently disabled on 20th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th February 2012, 04:38 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Solution?
O.k., before I keep doing this over and over again, is this the wrong file to use, or am I only using it wrong?

Also, if it is the unzipping that I am messing up with, can someone explain the correct way to do it? I have downloaded the file onto the desktop and tried to just install it with RSD from the compressed .tar file. I have also extracted the file with WINRAR and tried to install with the .xml file (no option to uncompress and install when I extract with winrar).

Phone is still dead, and I plan to work this morning on trying to get it figred out.

Also- I am using a x61s Lenovo laptop. Would there be any issues with the USB ports on the laptop not being able to do this? In some of the instructions i have read, they mention to use the USB ports on the backside of a computer, not ones in the front (for towers I would assume). There is also mention that if you fail at the very first part of the install, then it could be a USB issue.
29th February 2012, 05:13 PM |#22  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag Lansing,MI

More
I am SOOO SORRY people..... I lead you astray... This Is SOOOO the wrong file... my bad

FIXED!!!
29th February 2012, 05:21 PM |#23  

More
Thanks for the fix. I will download this file and give it a shot again.

Thanks!
29th February 2012, 05:50 PM |#24  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNsAnEmOd

I am SOOO SORRY people..... I lead you astray... This Is SOOOO the wrong file... my bad

FIXED!!!

Probably be a good idea to pay more attention when you are reposting things you find on other forums and writing "guides" for other users and try to have the details straight.
You end up causing more problems with incomplete or incorrect information and people end up with bricked phones for no good reason.

Make sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cellzealot Ad-Free
29th February 2012, 05:52 PM |#25  
Flag Lansing,MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

Probably be a good idea to pay more attention when you are reposting things you find on other forums and writing "guides" for other users and try to have the details straight.
You end up causing more problems with incomplete or incorrect information and people end up with bricked phones for no good reason.

Make sense?

yeeeaaaaahhh.......thanks dude
29th February 2012, 09:52 PM |#26  
Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

Make sense?

Thanks cellzealot for your continued support for the bionic and droid community...Your knowledge is very appreciated.

In addition (for the OP), maybe a little credit should go to daywalker04 (not droidmodderx) for the fast-boot files???

For others...there are ways to prevent erasing your internal sdcard...check rootzwiki.com or mydroidword.com
1st March 2012, 12:39 AM |#27  

More
Update
UPDATE:

Thanks for fixing the original download, phone is back up and running! Everything is working great now, and I am on .902.

Thanks for all of the help, and I am happy that my issues at least allowed the original download to be fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dukeuni For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dukeuni Ad-Free
1st March 2012, 05:18 PM |#28  
Flag Litchfield, Maine
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok I dont want to sound like an idiot but where is the FXZ that I am looking for?
1st March 2012, 05:23 PM |#29  
Flag Lansing,MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichmond0306

Ok I dont want to sound like an idiot but where is the FXZ that I am looking for?

your looking for the xml file..
1st March 2012, 07:09 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
link doesn't work says file not found any mirrors?
1st March 2012, 07:24 PM |#31  
Flag Lansing,MI

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCapcom

link doesn't work says file not found any mirrors?

all the links work fine on a PC
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread