Titan GPS "Fix" - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Search This thread

stevefxp

Oct 16, 2007
Fix Works for Me

It seems the fix works for my 6800, as I am now getting SAT locks within a minute using Google Maps as my test. I followed the same priming steps too.

This is inside my home next to a window, where in the past it would take 5-10 minutes to lock.

Steve

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
Awesome guys...I'm glad it's working out for most people.

I should also note that you only have to do this one time. It will remain through flashes of both rom and radio.

dcd1182

May 7, 2007
Denver
Wow man this was an excellent fix for the gps.. when i used the HTC GPS tool, it took maybe minute or more to lock with GPSMODE=4, with this fix, it also took about a minute still.. So i changed GPSMODE back to 2 and did a softreset... wow, it locked like in 10 sec.. never before in my house it did that!! one up for this fix!

Rom: no2chem 5067 kitchen
radio: 3.39

oh yeah, you raise a good point. if people still have crappy fix times after this, they should change that key back to its default =2.

90 seconds is about average/working normally for an initial lock in standalone mode.

j-squared

Feb 26, 2008
Shelby Township, MI
Works great!

I had similar success to surfbored from first page of this thread. Tom Tom is now locking almost instantly - as soon as the No GPS message goes away - almost instant lock. That never happened before.

I'm using Verizon, DCD 3.0.1 - ran through the procedure just as published and everything was ducky.

Thanks again!

jshaas2

Mar 11, 2008
i feel stupid for asking this and i'm sorry. i just reflashed to DCD 3.1.6 and now can't find my Quick GPS tab. Before i went through the wiki of installing the GPS fix that gc14 has available, i wanted to try GPS on 3.1.6 with Quick GPS as my primer first. I've searched this forum, googled it, etc. and kind find the Quick GPS cab.

Can anyone post that for me, or bettet yet, if any of you like a better gps primer, feel free to let mek now. I know there are several out there and quick gps worked for me when using 3.0.4, and i'm curious to try it with 3.1.6.

thanks guys.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
i feel stupid for asking this and i'm sorry. i just reflashed to DCD 3.1.6 and now can't find my Quick GPS tab. Before i went through the wiki of installing the GPS fix that gc14 has available, i wanted to try GPS on 3.1.6 with Quick GPS as my primer first. I've searched this forum, googled it, etc. and kind find the Quick GPS cab.

Can anyone post that for me, or bettet yet, if any of you like a better gps primer, feel free to let mek now. I know there are several out there and quick gps worked for me when using 3.0.4, and i'm curious to try it with 3.1.6.

thanks guys.

QuickGPS is not a primer. It's a tool that downloads information about the sats to help you acquire a lock faster.

Primers include software such as GPSViewer, BAF's GPS Toggle, and AstroGPSLauncher.

Here's the cab anyway.

jshaas2

Mar 11, 2008
thanks man. congrats on your celtics by the way. i love the lakers and Kobe, but the Green Machine had his number.

I used quick gps with 3.0.4 and it worked in seconds. do you think i need a primer with the current radio and rom instead? i thought quick gps was a primer, but guess i should have known better.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
thanks man. congrats on your celtics by the way. i love the lakers and Kobe, but the Green Machine had his number.

I used quick gps with 3.0.4 and it worked in seconds. do you think i need a primer with the current radio and rom instead? i thought quick gps was a primer, but guess i should have known better.

Yeah man DEFINITELY felt good bringing home #17 considering I was only 4 the last time they won a championship. Last night was total domination lol.

I'd say just do what you'd normally do for GPS...if you're noticing troubles, then use GPSViewer as it's what I use.

Cycomachead

Mar 3, 2008
Is it possible to do this from a Mac or linux box? Or on the phone itself? My new (replacement) phone should be here soon and the fixed computer isn't back yet...

jshaas2

Mar 11, 2008
Yeah man DEFINITELY felt good bringing home #17 considering I was only 4 the last time they won a championship. Last night was total domination lol.

I'd say just do what you'd normally do for GPS...if you're noticing troubles, then use GPSViewer as it's what I use.

Total domination is right. I'm tired of the Kobe=MJ talked. Kobe is best player alive, but never another MJ....although i was a huge Bird fan. :)

Do you use the Holux version of the GPSViewer? If so, i may try that.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
Total domination is right. I'm tired of the Kobe=MJ talked. Kobe is best player alive, but never another MJ....although i was a huge Bird fan.

Do you use the Holux version of the GPSViewer? If so, i may try that.

Haha I wouldn't say best player alive... Paul Pierce is definitely up there with him, only difference is that Kobe has had great support in his teammates to let him achieve success. Now that Pierce has Garnett and Allen, it's a whole different story. ;)

Yes, I use Holux GPSViewer.

P.S. Who wasn't a huge Bird fan? haha

kashabrown

Mar 8, 2008
Excellent fix - followed your instructions and 15 secs later had satellites..

Congrats (grrrrrrrrrr) on the Celtics (Knick fan here) - they played the best and deserved it!

jshaas2

Mar 11, 2008
gc14 i'll have to use your new fix. the Holux Viewer would see maybe 1-2 satellites in the "N" area, but never see anything else, and never lock on anything. i let it run 10-15 minutes. I'll try to this new fix and go from there.

thanks for your help so far.

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
QuickGPS is not a primer. It's a tool that downloads information about the sats to help you acquire a lock faster.

Primers include software such as GPSViewer, BAF's GPS Toggle, and AstroGPSLauncher.

Here's the cab anyway.

does this do ANYTHING for us? i mean ANYTHING. other than download a file and store it somewhere. Is it ever accessed...?