restore Tab to original firmware

Search This thread

potsykate

Feb 6, 2010
Bridgend
I have been trying to root and install the latest cwm and a custom rom to a galaxy tab wifi only uk version.I rooted and installed 5.0.2.7 cwm and a rom but when i rebooted it there was a password needed which i didnt have.It was a P7500 K11 restock rom if that is of any use.I would like to either go back to unrooted or just flash another rom but without usb mode i cannot copy another rom across to flash via cwm.
What would be the best method going forward for me now?

Thanks

BroBot175

Oct 26, 2011
I have been trying to root and install the latest cwm and a custom rom to a galaxy tab wifi only uk version.I rooted and installed 5.0.2.7 cwm and a rom but when i rebooted it there was a password needed which i didnt have.It was a P7500 K11 restock rom if that is of any use.I would like to either go back to unrooted or just flash another rom but without usb mode i cannot copy another rom across to flash via cwm.
What would be the best method going forward for me now?

Thanks

look up a tutorial on how to set up adb
im pretty sure you can trasfer stuff accross to your tab when your in cwm using adb :)

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Edit: that password needed is what you see when following the info below but forget the last step of doing the factory restore or reset, whatever it's called. ;)
don't know that you need to go this far but below is my standard reply to posts like yours. hope this helps. :D

It's helped me and I've seen it help many others too.
Goto http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=5
Towards the bottom of the guide There is a section called Restocking yer system.
Follow that on down.
Make sure you use the files for you device (7500 or 7510).
Make sure you triple check that you follow everything as suggested. The most common one I see missed is the last step of doing a factory reset/restore.
Let us know how it goes, as this keeps us trying to help when we know we're successful. 
Also if you have any issues come up that you can't figure just ask. 

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

potsykate

Feb 6, 2010
Bridgend
Edit: that password needed is what you see when following the info below but forget the last step of doing the factory restore or reset, whatever it's called. ;)
don't know that you need to go this far but below is my standard reply to posts like yours. hope this helps. :D

It's helped me and I've seen it help many others too.
Goto http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=5
Towards the bottom of the guide There is a section called Restocking yer system.
Follow that on down.
Make sure you use the files for you device (7500 or 7510).
Make sure you triple check that you follow everything as suggested. The most common one I see missed is the last step of doing a factory reset/restore.
Let us know how it goes, as this keeps us trying to help when we know we're successful. 
Also if you have any issues come up that you can't figure just ask. 

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks for that,I finally managed to get it back to stock and I'm going to start again.Strangely enough I find this tab harder than my HD2 to mod with WM7 or Android even my new galaxy Nexus gave me less problems than this tab.Lesson learnt tho,,,read then read again !!!

Thanks