New 12070 firmware arriving soon to your Lumia 800

Search This thread

jhughesy

Mar 16, 2010
I'm not sure about that. My wife has the 4S and it has a spectacular camera, I very much doubt the Lumia can do better.

Having experienced both together first hand and at same moment for comparison it was pretty clear.

What is your experience with both cameras which makes you doubt the Lumia can do better?

mechmouni

Sep 30, 2010
Having experienced both together first hand and at same moment for comparison it was pretty clear.

What is your experience with both cameras which makes you doubt the Lumia can do better?
I think I should sligtly rephrase my question. I love the camera performance of the Lumia but for that slight green tinge in the photos and a heavy green tinge for shots in the dark.. Is that gone?
If they are gone then the camera is easily comparable to the 4S ...

daloz

Feb 25, 2007
Stockholm
I downloaded the 1600.2487.8107.12070 firmware and compared it to another phone I have running the older firmware. Whitebalance (picture quality) is much better, there is more bass in the music (same volume) and the battery drain seems to be cut in 1/2 at idle (as shown by the diagnostic tool).

How do you manually download and install the firmware?

BlitterTwisted

Mar 25, 2011
Manchester
www.oldgamer.co.uk

To me it's obvious just from looking at the screen when pointing it at anything. The the way the 4S handles light is amazing e.g. in the house in the evenings. I think it's pretty much the best phone camera out there except for that insane new Nokia 41MP beast!

The Lumia is much better than standard Android crap though.

xsacha

Sep 18, 2008
The Lumia 800 and the N9 currently have the worst cameras that Nokia sells.
Judging by resolution charts, the 4S beats them cleanly. The E7, X7, E6 and such EDoF cameras even seem to perform better.

The N8 makes the 4S camera look like a toy though.

aslan93

Jan 29, 2012
Krasnodar
I have both the 4S and the Lumia. I hate to say it because I love the Lumia but the 4S camera is much better in every situation except when using the flash.

100% agree. I have both too, iPhone 4s is probably the best phone camera out there.. Overall even better than n8 and every other top smartphone that I tested it against. Although lumia is top class when taking a portrait at night with the flash, its really powerful for led and spreads out over the image very well. Plus ease of use and convenience I'd say windows phone has the best camera app. I have plenty of reasons for that :)

Bora777

Jul 12, 2010
Singapore
I received the 1600.2487.8107.12070 update via Zune today. Anyone else got it officially?
I've only had it for like half an hour and I haven't noticed much besides the improved sound quality and the capacitive buttons are now always lit.

Haven't tested the battery life yet though.

mutabor

Apr 13, 2006
I'm installing the new update via Zune. Singapore based phone here.

I received the 1600.2487.8107.12070 update via Zune today. Anyone else got it officially?
I've only had it for like half an hour and I haven't noticed much besides the improved sound quality and the capacitive buttons are now always lit.

Haven't tested the battery life yet though.

Last edited:

mathijs727

Oct 29, 2010
Badhoevedorp
Yep, getting a update here (Netherlands) too, seems like its a worldwide release.

EDIT: seems like i got the 11500 update :(

Last edited:

napster2k11

Aug 6, 2011
London
still no update for T-Mobile rom, reflashing back to India 12070 now :(

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

plus I like the unbranded rom as you get the Nokia Blue theme and not the pants pink T-Mobile one :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OKAY!........ You dont have to be so darn rude. It was confusing on how it was explained. but again thanks.......

I don't think I was rude. I just said you get over it, because you shouldn't need a vid to have prove when I already gave you confirmation. That's it. I thought the smiley made that clear.. Anyway, good luck with the update.

Heathcliff74
    I have a unbranded "Swiss" Lumia. My Operator code is 000-CH. It means OPN swiss.... 000-88 is also a code for open devices. my omnia 7 have that 000-88 code. the 12070 update also have the 000-88 code inside. do you think i can update the next firmware over zune? the 12070 firmware seems to be unbranded, but will it be the same firmware which will be released worldwide for open market phones?´i already flashed my phone with the new firmware, but i don't want to restore my phone after 5 months when the next firmware comes. i'm afraid that my phone cannot be updated over zune anymore. (NOKIA Updates).

The update has 000-88 in the package. But the update does not change that operator code. My device was 000-33 before the update and after the update it is still 000-33. I don't know what operator 000-33 is, but it is also some type of open-market operator code. I got my phone directly from Nokia HQ.

After the 12070, my Nokia finally survives a day of heavy usage (4 push-mail-account-syncs, some calls, internet usage and quite a lot of power-on-time with screen on highest brightness). Going to bed now after a long day with still 10% battery left. Before the update, my phone wouldn't last till dinner on a day like this. :)

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    Hi HeathCliff,

Don't we have to worry about walshing our phones by manually applying this update? Or are language cabs only of importance with OS updates?

Walshing can indeed only happen with OS updates, because they have separate language packs.

Can I flash my branded phone via CAB method? Will it still be branded or unbranded if i can?

Hmmm. Good question. I'm not sure. You can try it. If it doesn't work it will simply get rejected and you will not have the update. No problem. I'm also not sure if this will unbrand your phone, but I think it will in fact unbrand it.

i'm completely new to wp7. how does one go about updating their phone through the cab method? Any tutorials out there?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1306415

Can someone who owns the Lumia 800 and is running it with the latest firmware/update tell me when their phone is fully charges, how many hours remaining does the battery saver mode state?

Telecom here have just launched the lumia 800 with the latest 12070 firmware installed, and on 1st day I only got 8 hours use with work email, hotmail, twitter, facebook set to push.

now I have the same setup and infact more apps running in the background on the htc titan and I get solid 2 days.

Users report that discharge is indeed much slower. Apps are not running in the background. They are tombstoned. There are only backgroundtasks for updating live-tiles and syncing mail.

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74
    I want to update via Singapore update 12070. Should I update if my Nokia is OEM factory phone and i live in the USA? Does this update brand the Phone? please send pics or video of startup of Nokia 800. I am just wondering if it brands the Nokia as a Singapore phone?

Dude! Can't you read, or do you just not believe me? I already wrote here twice that the update is not branded. I even pasted details from the update here! I'm not going to make a video for you to prove it! Update it and get over it!

Good luck :p
    Heathcliff74
    So, we are still waiting in EU for Nokia's update but we see that Asias is the first one. cong :)

Ehmmm.. NO! Not waiting! Updating!! Read my post.. Update.. Done!