[Q] PLEASE HELP i cant flash rom :( =SOLVED=

Search This thread

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
UPDATE:

stock ROM from vodafone is now flashing with rsd-lite !!!!

i hope this "strange bug" is gone after this process.

after me system is fresh and new im going to test again, and i bet it will boot in recovery without problems.

also i did another rootmethod and had different (better) results than gaining writeacess via adb-shell. with my "superoneclick"root adb showed "read only" message then trying to push an app !! ...but anyway, after the better rootmethod and confirming that i can push apps (writeacess) bootstrap didnt work.

.....ohh sbf-flash finished :))) wait ill check !!

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
Ok now im absolutly sure, that something is really strange here !!!

ich sucessfully flashed the orginal 2.2.1 ROM from this side

device stared, regular.....then, without making ANY changes (no installing programms or stuff like that) i connected the phone via usb (debugging on, only-load-mode)

then i rooted it using this method, and pushed the droid2bootstrab.apk via abd-shell, all worked, no error, that i have only readpermissions. the files i used are all from this links.

i restarted phone. then i opened bootstrap, installed bootstrap, pressed "reboot recovery".....and.....

.....same sh**t :mad:

at this point i really believe vodafone did something to protect the bootloader better, then in older versions ?!?!

i mean it is a clean install. the root method i posted on this side, seems so be a good method (i think itz level3-root but im not sure)

ok, to be realistic (because flashing seems to be possible with the right image) i think the only sollution ist to not really find the error, but solve the problem by burning another ROM via sbf-flash.

is it possible to just flash the ROM i want, via rsd-lite ? or at least flash another MOD (even then its not german, how i like it) ??

EDIT: i now try to downgrade to 2.0 and look if problem presists.....

Last edited:

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
bah, im not able to downgrade, just because all links to firmwares are down :(

i heared about a program called "open recovery" perhaps i could try it with that...but i think itz not working with milestome 2

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
hey, the sbf links that you just gave are NOT MILESTONE 2. If you successfully installed an SBF from that site then you may not have a MS2. MS2 is A953.

Do you have a milestone 2 or some other Moto phone?

Last edited:

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
hey, the sbf links that you just gave are NOT MILESTONE 2. If you successfully installed an SBF from that site then you may not have a MS2. MS2 is A953.

Do you have a milestone 2 or some other Moto phone?

OMG !!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE THE ERROR !!!!!!!!

THX 4 THAT!!!!! :D :D :D

The Telephone was a gift. A friend gave me. He said it is a Milestone2. And the original package where the tel was in was a Milestone 2 package !!!!! So the illusion was perfect. I all time tried to flash a Milestone2-CostumROM on a Milestone1
:eek:

the funny fact is, that we found this out, because i flashed by mistake a milestone1-image on a (how i thought) "Milestone2"

Last edited:

revnu

Oct 20, 2010
OMG, days, and days of questions & frustration, and everything because someone gave me a milestone1 in a milestone2-package and telling me itz a MS2.

But now, without problems i installed CyanogenMod 6.3.6

everything is fine.

THX again for helping me out :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay. Let me try to give you the complete process. I hope you will understand it and can follow it.

1. Root your phone. Keep the bootmenu_0.8.6.zip on root of your sd card.
    2. Install Droid2bootstrapper. (no need of ROM manager)
    3. Open the app Droid2bootstrapper. Select option 'Bootstrap Recovery'. It will ask for Root access. Grant the access by pressing 'Yes'.
    4. A message 'Success' (or something similar) will be shown. Press 'OK'.
    5. Now, select the second option 'Reboot recovery'.
    6. Phone will reboot and you will see a Clockword Mod Recovery menu. It will have options as shown in the image attached.
    7. Choose option 'Install zip from sd card' (using the camera key). Select boot menu_0.8.6.zip.
    8. Once boot menu is flashed. Reboot your phone.
    9. You will see the LED go blue during the second M logo. Press volume down and you will be in bootmenu.
    Well, you won't have reboot option for sure since you are using a stock ROM. So don't worry about that.

But if bootstrapper is working fine, which seems to be the case from the screenshots, then I can't really understand why it is not going in CWR on pressing reboot recovery.

Test for root rights with some other apps like root browser. You can find it here on xda. Open root browser and check if you are able to change permissions of some app inside /system/apps folder, any system app that you don't use such as Moto phone portal etc.

If you can change the permissions with it, then it is difficult to say what the problem is.

Edit: Also try unrooting with superclickone and rooting again with z4root (permanent option) that is if you are still on Froyo. Seems pointless but the problem itself is pretty weird.

Plus, are you saying that you are unable to flash an sbf using RSDLite? Is that process failing for you?
    EDIT: made a clean unroot. then restart, and rooted the device again (with superoneclick). then oneclick tells me "do you want to test if root worked" i click yes. normally on the handydisplay it must pop up a message at this time, but nothing happened. after that i waited for timeout und the rooting prozess ended in a regular way this time. i have the superuser again,.....bootstrap says "sucsess" after installing bootstrap recovery, but then i press "reboot recovry"-->regular restart. also then i press powerbutton for 2sec in homescreen i dont have the option to reboot, just "turn-off" "flightmodus" & "silent". something is terribly wrong with my device and i think i most go the way to flash sbf

Hi,
    Can you check if USB debugging is enabled and then try installing the bootstrap recovery and then reboot and see if it works?