Unable to use firmware 3.24,3.30, 3.32

Search This thread

Rhiannon224

Aug 11, 2010
FL
problem is that his bootloader shows ***Locked***.

If you go through htc-dev it would have shown ***Unlocked***.

This is why I would start from the beginning flashing a GB RUU and then start again the upgrade process.

My humble opinion, of course :)

HTC unlocked doesn't s off the phone and that's what matters, you void your warranty for a half unlocked bootloader, it's a pos, IMO.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda premium

pr0adam

Mar 2, 2012
I was trying to go back to the original RUU but for some stupid reason I get USB error 171. I dont know why I do because my USB Cable/ports are just fine they work all the other times. I used revolutionary initially. But to mercvito who posted about the tripOS rom/firmware, mind posting a link to that? I searched for "tripOS rom" on the forums and google and couldnt find anything.

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
***LOCKED***
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT-1.23.0000
RADIO-11.19.3504.29_2
OpenADSP-v01.6.0.2226.00.1227
eMMC-boot
Dec 26 2011, 12:14:25(

For some weird reason you are S-OFF but bootloader is ***LOCKED***.

Seems like you S-OFFed before unlocking with htc-dev (which probably didnt complete the step to unlock).

As suggested few post ago I wouldn't mess it up more.
Better to extract the rom.zip from an official RUU (a Gingerbread one) rename it PG58IMG and flash from SD card, then maybe you could go through htc-dev to try again the unlocking procedure.

Hope it helps.

pr0adam

Mar 2, 2012
The RUUs I found on this forum are all .exes how do I extract the rom.zip from it? I followed the instructions posted previously telling me to find a temp folder but I couldnt find any folder called Documents and settings (im using windows 7)

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
The RUUs I found on this forum are all .exes how do I extract the rom.zip from it? I followed the instructions posted previously telling me to find a temp folder but I couldnt find any folder called Documents and settings (im using windows 7)

I'm on XP but on Windows 7 it'll be something like : C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Look for folders that have lots of characters in that format: "{XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX}". One of the folders will contain two files, and another folder with the same "{XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX}" format. Open that folder.

In there, you will find "rom.zip" or "firmware.zip"

Hope it helps :)

phantomblu

Nov 25, 2011
Wish I found this thread earlier. I'm having the exact, not similar, exact same problems as you are; including the error 171.

And any reason why that Europe RUU versions is recommended? I downloaded RUU_Pyramid_TMOUS_1.27 a while earlier.

Last edited:

kualmente

Dec 23, 2011
Wish I found this thread earlier. I'm having the exact, not similar, exact same problems as you are; including the error 171.

And any reason why that Europe RUU versions is recommended? I downloaded RUU_Pyramid_TMOUS_1.27 a while earlier.

It depends on your carrier and country.
In my opinion this RUU can be good if you want to return back to stock GB.

Enable debug in Settings-development and uncheck fastboot from settings-Power.

You may also need the right driver installed to get your device detected by PC Dwnload here.

Last edited:

phantomblu

Nov 25, 2011
I'm on XP but on Windows 7 it'll be something like : C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

Look for folders that have lots of characters in that format: "{XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX}". One of the folders will contain two files, and another folder with the same "{XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXX}" format. Open that folder.

In there, you will find "rom.zip" or "firmware.zip"

Hope it helps :)

I see the folders, but there aren't any files in them.

Edit: Nm, fixed it. I deleted the two folders and tried again.

Last edited: