[ROM]HC[Wifi]Honey Pot v1.1[3.55.1114.31]Hardware Keys,Sense gone, updated[1/23/12]

Search This thread

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I am a flashaholic but have no reason to do anything in regards to this ROM as it is so stable and everything is working on my best buy wifi flyer. You know if it ain't broke don't fix it. I have two handwriting recognition apps honey hide widget leedroid tweaks the right balance of sense removed and even the touch recovery that makes for a well rounded flyer with all of the functionality that I need. I guess the only thing I am looking to flash is the the next update of leedroid tweaks and extended settings. I have people who are apprehensive about rooting their flyer seriously considering doing so because of how stable and functional this rom is. So thanks again for such a wonderful rom and forcing me into flashaholic rehab

z0rk

Dec 23, 2010
Tienen
My Flyer was delivered on Fryday, running Honey Pot since yesterday, and it all works just fine...

One issue though, I seem unable to create folders on my homescreen. Am I missing something, or is it a lack in HC?

Valorster

May 11, 2010
My Flyer was delivered on Fryday, running Honey Pot since yesterday, and it all works just fine...

One issue though, I seem unable to create folders on my homescreen. Am I missing something, or is it a lack in HC?

hahah ook op deze rom :D

ik gebruik gewoon "App Folder" vd market.

I use ^ from market as i dont find it either

NookFan

Mar 29, 2011
I've been enjoying this build for a bit, but decided to try some different launchers. Yesterday I downloaded Go Launcher and ADW Launcher EX from the Market, and tried them each once (I just clicked "open" after the Market installed them.) When I was done trying them out, I tapped the home button, expecting to choose which app I wanted to use as the launcher (and return to the stock HC one.) Instead, the screen dimmed and nothing came up.

I rebooted, and the when I unlocked the tablet, I got a blank screen + task bar at the bottom. From the task bar, I was able to get into Settings --> Apps, and from there I uninstalled Go Launcher & ADW, tried the home button, and still just a blank screen. Another reboot, same story. In Apps, I can see both Launcher and HTC Sense, and was going to "Clear Defaults" on them so I could select either one, but "Clear Defaults" as well as "Clear Cache" and "Clear Data" for both Sense and Launcher are grayed out.

I'm pretty stuck now. Any suggestions? And if a flash is suggested, can I do that without losing all my config settings (like Wifi)?

Thanks, folks.

Jeff

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
When the dialog to choose a launcher is suposed to pop up rotate your tablet, honeycomb has a bug that sometimes it wont display rotating the tablet should make it pop up.

Reactions: NookFan

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
Cool. So I was just on leedroid but after lotsa unexplained rebooted I decided to give this a go plus I wanted to try no sense. I followed instructions to the T except maybe one place.... Does full wipe = factory reset? If so I didn't do one of those. Weird bcuz after the flash of the new Tom and correct kernel and updater my first boot brings me to my previous go launcher HD screen everything in place all my apps. Now I did wipe cache and davilik cache before flash.... Do I need to go back and do factory reset and start over?

posted from nowhere by no one

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Cool. So I was just on leedroid but after lotsa unexplained rebooted I decided to give this a go plus I wanted to try no sense. I followed instructions to the T except maybe one place.... Does full wipe = factory reset? If so I didn't do one of those. Weird bcuz after the flash of the new Tom and correct kernel and updater my first boot brings me to my previous go launcher HD screen everything in place all my apps. Now I did wipe cache and davilik cache before flash.... Do I need to go back and do factory reset and start over?

posted from nowhere by no one

Its recomended that you do full wipe but if your not having problems on your current setup then you should be fine. A full wipe will remove all your apps and settings.

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
Its recomended that you do full wipe but if your not having problems on your current setup then you should be fine. A full wipe will remove all your apps and settings.

something tells me i should have done this....

fooled around last night with the new rom testing this and that... installed netflix and was getting MAJOR lag on the video... like super bad.. and i'm on fast wifi so that didn't make sense at all.. even with the updated netflix app... so i tried messing with the cpu govenor to see if that had an affect. switched from lag free to performance and the lag SEEMED to disappear sometimes happend at the beginning of videos but seemed to fix it *sometimes it would just lag out complete and the app would restart but this was random....

so then i noticed that the batt was doin crazy things.. on performance from 53% to 23% in the time it took me to walk downstairs and get a drink.. that worried me so i plugged it in and set it back to conservative... a few mins later it's back up over 53%... now i figured something was up with the batt stats... so i decided to plug it in wait over night for a full charge to complete and in the morning wipe batt stats... left flyer ON and plugged in all night...

when i woke up green status light was on the power button indicating a full charge... i pushed the button..... and nothing.........

i unplugged the flyer pushed the button and .... nothing

i plugged it into my pc.... doesn't pick it up or recognize it's there at all..

pushed power button = nothing
power + vol = nothing...

fancy fully charged brick at this point.... or so it seems.

any help would be appreciated as to what to try ...

EDIT: all that typing for nothing.... i swear as if nothing had ever happened after typing this i tried once more to turn it on... and viola booted up first try.. WTF

Edit2: batt does still seem to be draining abnormally fast... best bet for fixing batt stats? i've read of a few including some script from the market . anyone done it before?

Edit3: i'm re-flashing.. getting weird hiccups.. doing a full factory reset and wiping everything before i start.. on a full charge...

Last edited:

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Now I'm totally confused ... I thought this didn't have sense but seems to actually be full of it...

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium HD app

Yea The stock htc launcher is installed by default of the official honeycomb launcher is there as well, if you install a third party launcher it'll pop up the choice if you choose launcher it'll be more like stock honey comb. I didn't remove it completely because some people like having some of the htc widgets. Im glad to see that your flyer is working again :) Thanks for trying out the rom if you have any suggesstions let me know

Reactions: killerskincanoe

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
interesting..i was achieving then basically the same thing with leedroid and simply "freezing" the htc sense app... def have more free RAM on ur rom tho. well over 400 at boot i average between 430-460 mb free most of the time... boot times are incredibly fast.. great job. i'm usually up and running in under a minute from pushing the button great work leedroid's took much more time to boot.. i've also gone in and disabled a lot of things i don't ever use from startup menu... gotta love system tuner pro :) using GO launcher HD even in beta i'm really enjoying it.. could use a bit more widgets tho....shame i can't use the htc widgets with this since they are there but.. oh well

really digging this rom thanks again for your hard work :)

p.s. i really think havin the quick settings cooked in would be awesome too. i tried installing them last time but there was a serious lag issue when trying to open quick settings after that... it worked just laggged for a second before opening and was annyoing cuz it would make you think you hadn't actually pressed in the right spot and by the time u re press it's opening... thus causing it to close immediately ... again don't know if that was b/c my install was a bit screwy or what... but i miss my clock being gone out of the bottom bar soo much lol you don't realize how much you enjoyed something being gone till it comes back again

haha kinda sounds like herpes too :0

Last edited:

killerskincanoe

Mar 4, 2009
Sony Xperia Ion
Oppo Find 5
One thing I've noticed is that I'm sorta stuck with the HTC sense unlock screen. And since im not using the sense launcher i have no way of changing default icons on the lock screen. Would be nice to have the option for the vanilla android unlock screen since this is a de sensed rom.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using XDA Premium HD app and HoneyPot1.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honey Pot 1.1

home.png

quicksettings.png

Special Thanks go out to Globatron, LeeDrOiD, and Gumby63 there work made this rom possible.

Features:
    • Based off RUU_Flyer_HC_S_HTC_WWE_Wifi_3.55.1114.31(offical HC for wifi)
    • Deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • replaced Launcher, browser, clock, calendar with versions without sense(Thanks to Gumby63 and his DeSensified Rom )
    • rooted/superuser/busybox
    • Debloated(removed apps are avaible for download)
    • Hardware Buttons(Huge thanks to LeeDrOiD for figuring this out)
    • Init.D Scripts From LeeDrOiD HC V2.0.0
    • There might be more!(I have a really really bad memory well just call all unannouced features easter eggs :))

Installation Instructions(Assumes You Have Followed Globatrons Guide):
    1. Download Honey Pot, and LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel with modified Services.jar and place it on your sdcard
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Create a backup of your current setup
    4. Wipe data(Optional but recommended)
    5. Flash Honey Pot V1.0
    6. Flash LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel from the link below
    7. Flash Honey Pot V1.1 Updater
    8. Reboot and wait, first startup will take a while
    9. Enjoy

Downloads:
    Honey Pot 1.0 MD5 7fe676b41dc15302538a0d44e3c1f213 Mirror Mirror2
    LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel With Correct Services.jar
    Honey Pot 1.1 Updater Mirror
    Removed Apps (Not Flashable)

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Kernel[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated to LeeDrOiD-FlyerHC-V2.2.0
    [/LIST]
    [B]HoneyPot 1.1[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Changed buttons in the bar to resemble to stock honeycomb(back, home, app switcher, settings)
    [*]Changed wifi status icon to stock honeycomb
    [*]Changed battery icons
    [*]changed images in the quick settings to stock images(removed all the color)
    [/LIST]

If you feel like donating all money will be put towards my school loans
    Removed Apps

Removed Apps
    Code:
    Browser.apk
    com.htc.FriendStream3DWidget.apk
    com.htc.Sync3DWidget.apk
    com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
    com.htc.Twitter3DWidget.apk
    Facebook.apk
    Flickr.apk
    FriendStream.apk
    FusionStockWidget.apk
    GreenImmersion.apk
    GSD.apk
    HTC_IME.apk
    HTCAlbum.apk
    HtcBackgroundDataWidget.apk
    HtcDialer.apk
    HtcFacebook.apk
    HtcFeedback.apk
    HtcGreader.apk
    HtcGreaderWidget.apk
    HtcPhotoGridWidget3D.apk
    HtcPhotoWidget.apk
    HtcRecommends.apk
    HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
    HtcTwitter.apk
    htcwatchwidget3d.apk
    KidMode.apk
    MyReportAgent.apk
    MyShelf_Widget.apk
    Phone.apk
    Stock.apk
    Stk.apk
    teeter.apk
    TelephonyProvider.apk
    Twitter.apk
    WatchApp.apk
    May use this later

Old Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/VFSM7IC0JW"]LeeDrOiD's HC V2.1.0 Kernel With Correct Services.jar[/URL]
    [/LIST]
    I'll look into it, it's definitely not S-OFF related, S-OFF works at far too low a level to have any effect at all on this.
    I just downloaded this rom and am liking that I have the hardware buttons working. however I noticed that the pen button does not respond to being pressed by the pen. so I am no longer able to bring up the option to take screenshots. is this normal or is there something else that I need to do in order to take a screenshot?

you might want to try reflashing the rom cause I just tried clicking the dedicated pen button and it popped up the usual menu