Data-safe Disaster Recovery via NVFlash

Search This thread

cristiano.orlando

Dec 22, 2010
After i used nvflash, i reflashed v20l, and now touch is gone...

The screen, appears, get cell signal, data... reads sd, but touchscreen is gone

The screen appears, but does not move

What i did wrong ?

Tks !

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
No idea, to be honest, flashing v20L shouldn't have had that effect at all. Try another ROM? Clear data/factory reset?

cristiano.orlando

Dec 22, 2010
Hi

I could not use that recovery, since it stucked

So i used nvflash from Modaco, with v10b to recover

So i flashed v10b stock

The phone boots, gets signal, but touch does not work at all

What went wrong, and how i get touch back ?

Tks

yusuf00786

Apr 12, 2009
Mumbai
OK so on Sunday whilst pissing about, I flashed a broken recovery to my phone. This resulted in a near brick, the phone wouldn't boot at all, and wouldn't even enter Smartflash. I didn't have a recent backup, so needless to say I was pissed.

However, this presented me with a challenge, could I recover my phone without losing anything? Turns out the answer was yes :D

I was able to NVFlash (battery out, hold both vol keys and plug in USB) over a good recovery, and the phone booted straight to it, from there I restored the old boot.img that I had, rebooted and held my breath.

Success! OK, so wifi didn't work due to the old kernel, but whatever, quick CM reflash fixed that (in hindsight, I could probably have just done that straight away anyway).

I created a little batch menu system to handle the command and let you pick from an internal or external recovery (depending on what you normally use) and a couple scripts for Linux users. Hopefully anyone that has bust their phone to the point of NVFlashing will be able to do this instead and keep all their stuff :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0caspz03dk9out/o2x_nvflash_recovery_v5.rar

Hi,

can you pls help me out here, as i was trying to port cm9 from original stock rom, every thing went perfect than I was trying to come back to original stock rom from cm9 but something went wrong and than my phone is just keeping in boot loop at lg logo. the main problem is that i am not able to start my phone at cmw it directly goes to logo screen and just keeps on looping.... pls help....

Rgds,

yusuf00786

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Hi,

Could anyone pls let me know that how to flash stock rom or cmw with nvflash....

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
OK.. well I'm trying this right now..

just ran the NVFlash.bat, selected external card... and it now has S/W Upgrade on the screen... guess I'll just wait a while then (Crosses fingers else it's a lot of money down the drain :-( )

How long show I expect to wait. As simple as this might appear to be, I think a readme.txt file should be included :)

NOTE: I have absolutely no idea what update it is applying onto the phone!!!

Last edited:

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Just unplug it, if memory serves it will sit on S/W update indefinetly after it finishes (which it will have as it takes seconds).

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
OK, just tried to boot into CWM, and no change... blank screen :-(

Phone boots into android though, but it's exactly as I left it. Hmm. What should I be doing here rusty?

EDIT: arg, int/ext makes no difference to getting cwm recovery to work. Maybe my partitions are screwed up. I'm only attempting to flash the files from the batch, rather than any ZIP rom I might have.

Rusty: I downloaded Paul O'brians rom from Modaco (Link was on here), and got the v10b flashed to my phone. It's alive! I need to check if I can get CWM etc back on there and actually download things from the market. BTW .. totally off-topic.. there is a sale on the market now as it's been renamed to "google play" apparently.

Last edited:

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
The usual cause for this not working seems to be using the front USB ports or a hub for some reason. Best bet is to use a port directly off the motherboard.

As the phone is working again, you can always install CWM via another method, as this one is mostly for phones that are a bit poorly, or stock GB devices.

Scougar

May 22, 2010
USA
Just a note to say that I was indeed using the PC's front USB ports. I did however manage to flash it on the same ports using Paul's NVFlash so I think in this instance it was purely a case of my phone's partitions being utterly buggered, so I needed something more severe.

This thread gave me the confidence to try it however and I'm very thankful for that :) I would have been going in blind with raw NVFlash if it wasn't for people like you writing the batch files. So many thanks Rusty :)

japmsn

Apr 14, 2011
Hey so :eek: I installed drivers, ran the .bat and choose install external cwm, then a message saying successfully sent appeared and asked me to press any key to close the command promt, now what? my phone still says "S/W Upgrade Please wait while upgrading.." is it safe to unplug the cellphone or not yet?

Thanks.

EDIT
just read a while back it's safe to unplug it... sorry for asking here, I've been reading so much since yesterday that I don't even remember what I've already read.

EDIT2

WOW just WOW Rusty!, I owe you big time :D after installing CWM my phone booted normally, and I can access CWM with VOl- + Power :p

Is there a way I could brick my phone by trying roms? or as long as I have CWM I can simply flash a new rom?

Last edited:

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
It's pretty much unbrickable thanks to nVFlash, as you've found out. You can usually fall back to CWM, if not, do this again.

Reactions: japmsn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK so on Sunday whilst pissing about, I flashed a broken recovery to my phone. This resulted in a near brick, the phone wouldn't boot at all, and wouldn't even enter Smartflash. I didn't have a recent backup, so needless to say I was pissed.

However, this presented me with a challenge, could I recover my phone without losing anything? Turns out the answer was yes :D

I was able to NVFlash (battery out, hold both vol keys and plug in USB) over a good recovery, and the phone booted straight to it, from there I restored the old boot.img that I had, rebooted and held my breath.

Success! OK, so wifi didn't work due to the old kernel, but whatever, quick CM reflash fixed that (in hindsight, I could probably have just done that straight away anyway).

I created a little batch menu system to handle the command and let you pick from an internal or external recovery (depending on what you normally use) and a couple scripts for Linux users. Hopefully anyone that has bust their phone to the point of NVFlashing will be able to do this instead and keep all their stuff :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0caspz03dk9out/o2x_nvflash_recovery_v5.rar
    Why isnt this a sticky yet?
    Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA

dated such a long time back...people remember it only when the brick their devices....forget otherwise....:rolleyes:

but yes...should be sticky....guys lets join to support to get this thread as "STICKY"
    Updated version of CWM and included two batch files for use with Win XP (as it doesn't have the 'choice' command used by the main batch).
    Did your PC pick up the device? APX drivers are included in the zip
    ROM Manager is fine on the O2X, it's only the G2X it does the fake flash on.