FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TRUE PermaRoot and the ULTIMATE S=Off!!! Check this out even if you're rooted!!!

973 posts
Thanks Meter: 663

By grankin01, Senior Member on 2nd December 2010, 09:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2012, 04:21 AM |#951  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
I'm stuck @ #4

4. Type "adb push gfree /data/local" and hit enter.

new-host-3:~ skygear$ adb push gfree /data/local
cannot stat 'gfree': No such file or directory

please help?

18th February 2012, 04:48 AM |#952  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear

I'm stuck @ #4

4. Type "adb push gfree /data/local" and hit enter.

new-host-3:~ skygear$ adb push gfree /data/local
cannot stat 'gfree': No such file or directory

please help?

Did you put the gfree program in the right directory on you computer? You can also do it using a terminal emulator app on the phone and put the gfree program on the sd card.
18th February 2012, 05:09 AM |#953  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzlechest

Did you put the gfree program in the right directory on you computer? You can also do it using a terminal emulator app on the phone and put the gfree program on the sd card.

i ended up getting the visionary for temp root, put the files in the /data/local then ran terminal and followed the rest of the commands.

everything ran ok - I rebooted into boot loader - and the phone buzzed 3 times, orange light blinking and a black screen!

Bricked? Wheres the unbricking guides?
18th February 2012, 09:03 AM |#954  

More
I decided to finish up on the phone. I figured out it was water damaged too. So I got it to a good working state and let me buddy take it away. I told him to get a newer device soon.
20th February 2012, 04:29 PM |#955  
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Awesome Awesome! Beautiful work.

Question though...just to review....
the '-f' flag does everything right? including sim unlock the phone?
21st February 2012, 03:09 AM |#956  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 25

More
well
it works.. never flashed anything before or ADB so it was a crash course but it works. S-off and SIM UNLOCK. Had to revert from Gingerbread update so it took a few hours for the first time. Had 3 ROMS since than. Thanks !!!!!!!!
21st February 2012, 10:27 PM |#957  
Flag Irvine, CA
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Talking Visionary not temporarily rooting?Try this:
Download the Visionary apk from the 3rd comment, a poster named neidlinger.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=922527

After struggling with Visionary constantly hanging and never doing a temporary root I ran into his replay to another poster on a different thread. It seams to be the original r11 that has temp root and permanent. the new r14 doesn't seam to root and hangs on some phones. (ive read threw multiple post on here).

The one in the link gives you temp root and permanent and seams to work on some phones. I had to downgrade from Gingerbread, mytouch4G and it would never temp root after pushing gfree commands and just hangs. I keep reading in multiple replies some posters are having the same issue.

Hopefully it works for someone else. I spent almost an hour trying to get the original Visionary r11 and kept getting r14 (which doesn't work for everyone) or a dead link and the original creator only provides r14 and sometimes doesn't even download from his site. After that, its a downhill process.

First time using ADB commands, Root, having S-OFF and Flashing!!
23rd February 2012, 08:49 AM |#958  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Needing a mirror to the engineering bootloader...since megaupload is down forever...

Quote:

[Optional] Steps to flash engineering bootloader.

1. Restart your phone and plug it back into your computer.

2. Download this file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NN5726Z8
md5sum: df4fd77f44993eb05a4732210d2eddc6

25th February 2012, 04:16 AM |#959  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear

i ended up getting the visionary for temp root, put the files in the /data/local then ran terminal and followed the rest of the commands.

everything ran ok - I rebooted into boot loader - and the phone buzzed 3 times, orange light blinking and a black screen!

Bricked? Wheres the unbricking guides?

did you just follow a unbrick device instruction? I got the same issue. and i had a sweat issue before trying this...go figure...Any help?
8th March 2012, 06:40 AM |#960  
Thanks Meter: 277

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ce3jay

Needing a mirror to the engineering bootloader...since megaupload is down forever...

Here's the engineering HBoot for ya.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC...port_Downloads
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift billa Ad-Free
13th March 2012, 01:55 AM |#961  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by billa

Here's the engineering HBoot for ya.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/HTC...port_Downloads

Thanks Bro, I was able to downgrade my MT4G and accomplish permaroot & Ultimate S=Off!
The Following User Says Thank You to engrgener For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift engrgener Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)