Dec 22, 2009
Hello,

i have a T-Mobile flyer 3G 32gb with original HC
Build-number 3.55.111.1
baseband 20.4803.30.0822U_3822.11.08.07M2
HBoot 1.11.0011
Radio 3822.11.08.07M2
CID T-MOB101

I want to S-off and flash a custom rom but i don't know the best, the right, way to do this. So it's possible to have S-Off with this device?
I downloaded the T-Mobile RUU but with this RUU i can't downgrade to GB.
The RUU updater say Error 140 and stopped.
So what can i do for S-Off?

joppie1

Mar 8, 2012
Hello,

i have a T-Mobile flyer 3G 32gb with original HC
Build-number 3.55.111.1
baseband 20.4803.30.0822U_3822.11.08.07M2
HBoot 1.11.0011
Radio 3822.11.08.07M2
CID T-MOB101

I want to S-off and flash a custom rom but i don't know the best, the right, way to do this. So it's possible to have S-Off with this device?
I downloaded the T-Mobile RUU but with this RUU i can't downgrade to GB.
The RUU updater say Error 140 and stopped.
So what can i do for S-Off?

Hey man...

I have the EXACT same flyer, everything the same... Did you manage to get it s-off and rooted back to Honeycomb?? I have read all the forums, but I actually can't find a clear solution! Lemme know please or if anybody can put it simple! Thanks!

perigo

Aug 26, 2010
custom rom for flyer with stock hc

These steps would help :
- unlock boot loader over htcdev
- flash cwm with fastboot
- with cwm you're able to flash any custom rom (zip files)
It worked at least on my htc evo 3D.

hieronymos

Oct 14, 2011
Hey,

I have somewhat of the same question - but remain puzzled... I unlocked the Flyer's bootloader yesterday through HTCdev, flashed a Revolutionary recovery (based on CWM) through fastboot and could then install SuperUser through an update.zip in the stock ROM.
I have mode some development on other devices, so I'm familiar with bootloaders and stuff. The forums are mostly talking about S-OFF and I don't really understand how that concerns me, because now that my stock ROM is rooted, I can do whatever I like (remove bloat etc.). I may not understand all implications of S-ON, but I know that my bootloader tells me my Flyer is S-ON.

Now, is there any problem to flash another ROM through CW Recovery? Will, for example, LeeDroid's ROM replace anything connected to 3G (I have the model running on AWS frequencies, which are quite unusual). Could I simply flash LeeDroid's ROM, then get back to my stock backup without any problem?

I guess the question is; since my bootloader is unlocked, does S-ON or OFF concern me in any way? Or is S-OFF only important for those who can't unlock their bootloaders through HTCdev?

Thanks!

(I do promise to write something up for the wiki if ever I understand :)

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
S-On means you can't flash a custom ROM through recovery or ROM Manager. You can only flash using fastboot.

hieronymos

Oct 14, 2011
Thanks!

So considering that I just tried to downgrade to Gingerbread in Windows and that I got Error 155 (which seems to be undocumented - the message was à la 'something went wrong - I don't know what'), can I restore CW recoveries through fastboot as well?
I wouldn't mind to plug the cable, and S-OFF seems like an unnecessary hassle to me... (I just want OpenVPN and from here I took as much time trying to figure that out than I would need to compile the module myself).

I guess what puzzles me is this (from the LeeDroid thread): "If you have acheived S-Off via HTCDev, you will need to extract the boot.img from the Kernel.zip and flash it via fastboot"

I don't have S-OFF. I have an unlocked bootloader.
Does that mean that if I want to switch to LeeDroid I first have to fastboot flash boot.img and then install the rest through CW recovery?
Similarly, if I want to get back to stock, I fastboot flash the boot.img from my backup and apply the rest through CW recovery?

Thus: S-ON actually only prevents the boot partition to be changed outside from fastboot?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

hieronymos

Oct 14, 2011
S-On means you can't flash a custom ROM through recovery or ROM Manager. You can only flash using fastboot.

Hm. I just did full restore with CW recovery.
And I had already applied update.zip's with the recovery.

ADD: SOLVED. What I wrote in the post above was right. I can apply any zip file, but CW can't write boot.img. Solution: fastboot flash boot boot.img.
All the rest works. In order to get back to a backup I guess it's the same way - flash boot.img, apply the restore.

Last edited:

budsnip

Jul 2, 2012
Seattle
cid: TMOB010 and HBoot 1.11.0011 Please Help Soff this thing.

I have the exact same problem and I assume I need s-off to make this work like a phone. Yes? Has anybody figured this out yet?

bud.