[Kernel][ICS][CM9] ShadowKernel CM9 v0.6.3.3 - CM9 Beta3+ (5/29/12)

Search This thread

nvertigo

Jan 7, 2011
I somehow got 100mhz to stick by doing a backup, restoring my old cm7 build, booting up, then restoring cm9 again. did it twice because i messed around and 100mhz was lost again, but it worked both times. but yeah that would be annoying if i ever wanted to mess with it again.

czechpunk

May 5, 2011
Katy, TX
www.4oEmusic.com
Hey bbelos, will v5 work with CM9 beta 0? I think I read they made some changes to their kernel to prepare for the transition to Linux kernel 3.0.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Hey bbelos, will v5 work with CM9 beta 0? I think I read they made some changes to their kernel to prepare for the transition to Linux kernel 3.0.

It would probably work, and you're free to try it, but you would essentially be eliminating most of the improvements they made. There's a lot of improvements in the stock beta0 kernel so I would strongly recommend waiting until I get it updated.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

czechpunk

May 5, 2011
Katy, TX
www.4oEmusic.com
It would probably work, and you're free to try it, but you would essentially be eliminating most of the improvements they made. There's a lot of improvements in the stock beta0 kernel so I would strongly recommend waiting until I get it updated.

Thanks for the quick response! I'll probably wait it out...

tmcwilliam01

Mar 13, 2009
Denver
Oh I cant bring myself to flash CM9 Beta 0 without my voodoo color. Oh please oh please update the kernel.

Thank you in advance for your awesome work.

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Oh I cant bring myself to flash CM9 Beta 0 without my voodoo color. Oh please oh please update the kernel.

Thank you in advance for your awesome work.

Its not bad but its tolerable just barely been running stock since this morning not bad but the medium blacks look bleached. :(

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
+1 to all the comments about voodoo color. i get annoyed when using anyone else's phone, all the whites look yellow, the blacks look washed out. its incredible what you can do with changing the gamma offset even a small amount. anyone who has a samsung that supports it should have it.

judogti

Mar 6, 2008
Question: If I flash beta-0 + gapps over Alpha5+shadow+gapps will I just be running stock until this kernel is updated?

Im asking because I know that voltage control will try to apply my default profile at boot and it's set to allow the overclocking I like. Im curious if this will cause a problem?

hope this question makes sense.

beltsnspoons

Jul 28, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
Question: If I flash beta-0 + gapps over Alpha5+shadow+gapps will I just be running stock until this kernel is updated?

Im asking because I know that voltage control will try to apply my default profile at boot and it's set to allow the overclocking I like. Im curious if this will cause a problem?

hope this question makes sense.

i believe that you will be running the stock kernel if you do this, yes. as for vc, i dont think it will cause problems, it probably just wont work. maybe a message that it isnt supported or an fc, im not sure. why not try this instead: full wipe, install beta 0 and gapps, then advance restore /data... just remove vc's boot settings before hand. then, once this kernel is updated, flash it in cwm and restore vc's boot settings.

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
i believe that you will be running the stock kernel if you do this, yes. as for vc, i dont think it will cause problems, it probably just wont work. maybe a message that it isnt supported or an fc, im not sure. why not try this instead: full wipe, install beta 0 and gapps, then advance restore /data... just remove vc's boot settings before hand. then, once this kernel is updated, flash it in cwm and restore vc's boot settings.

This is correct, you'll be running the stock kernel that comes with B0. I did the same thing, and it didn't cause any errors. My profile seemed to be 'applied' but I know it didn't take full effect as I do a little bit of undervolting. No overclocking. It appeared as though it would still apply the I/O and scheduler, but that's about it.

After first boot, I uninstalled Voltage Control as it wasn't doing anything anyway. It now appears as though 100mhz isn't sticking using the stock Performance tab under Settings.

It's amazing how I've become used to the Voodoo Color scheme. Everything looks washed out and artificial without it. I'll wait patiently for the update.

Thanks for your hard work!

+1 to all the comments about voodoo color. i get annoyed when using anyone else's phone, all the whites look yellow, the blacks look washed out. its incredible what you can do with changing the gamma offset even a small amount. anyone who has a samsung that supports it should have it.

I've never used Voodoo color, but heard so many good opinions about it & I want to try it out. Is there like a setting that's best for all phones or is it mainly user preference?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G Slide (lmao) using Tapatalk

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
I've never used Voodoo color, but heard so many good opinions about it & I want to try it out. Is there like a setting that's best for all phones or is it mainly user preference?

Pretty much user preference. The one thing I've noticed while using it is I need to have the brightness of my phone up a bit so I can actually see everything without squinting. The colors seemingly burst out of the screen though, they really do look great.

The only possible drawback is because if you do have your brightness up more than on 'stock', I'm assuming this will use more battery, so you might sacrifice that a bit more when using Voodoo Color. IMO though, it's worth it.

Reactions: piscesjoey

Lord Syrics Jr.

Nov 2, 2011
Jacksonville

Individual tweaking mainly.. however, there are 3 starting settings under one option (color or gamma idr) and 2 settings in the other (color or gamma, whichever wasn't the one before).

From there you can tweak your own settings after these give you a base line.

You haven't used it before = sad for you HOWEVER on the plus side, when you decide to dive in your EPIC gets a brand new and improved screen free of charge :D
Its the best mod for our phone. (period)

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

It's amazing how I've become used to the Voodoo Color scheme. Everything looks washed out and artificial without it. I'll wait patiently for the update.

Thanks for your hard work!

?? Im a little confused by you peoples desparing... I just flashed everything cm9b0, gapps, supercharger, and this kernel and voodoo is working great for me :) Unless I missed something.... but I don't think I did. :rolleyes:

Reactions: piscesjoey

funktron

May 12, 2011
Same here. Flashed this and supercharged on EL30 - no issues whatsoever.

Hand delivered by Supercharged Epic CM9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work by our fantastic CM dev team for bringing us CM9 so quickly.

I would also like a continued huge thanks to the many talented developers out there including (in no particular order) but not limited to:
    chris41g, mkasick, Rodderik, nubecoder, earthbound, toadlife, thomasskull666, DRockstar, supercurio, Ezekeel, SenseiSimple, noobnl, xcaliburninhand, k0nane, AproSamurai. Without their excellent work, I wouldn't be here.

And so I give you ShadowKernel for CM9.

As with my other CM kernels, if you choose to use it, please post any bug reports here and not in the CM9 thread. Thank you.

**Updated for Beta3/Beta4-Prebuilds - CWM Scrolling speed fixed**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.3 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0b1469b018a9e4308a88f035c0b4210d

Features:
    - Everything in the stock CM9 kernel plus:
    - 3 button hard reset
    - Linux wired tether (RNDIS) support
    - Keypress hold for repeat scrolling in CWM
    - Capactive key backlight disabling support via Advanced Settings Menu
    - Dock audio support (Using the Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector)
    - Built-in TUN, CIFS, FUSE, & TCPMSS
    - Revamped Overclocking/Undervolting support up to 1.5GHz with Voltage Control support. (Added 1100, 1200, 1300, 1400, & 1500 ~ All disabled by default)
    - Voodoo Sound (Controlled with the free Voodoo Sound App (formerly Voodoo Control))
    - Voodoo COLOR (also controlled in the free Voodoo Sound App)

certifiedicon.png

Additional Resources:
    See this thread for color setting discussion, but remember to experiment and find the right settings for you:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1002090

Previous Versions:
    v0.6.1
    *Updated for Beta1**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: ac125b8f04d13a0fb4f5eec3e48b2dc4

v0.6.0
    **Updated for Beta0**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 0582dc000cdba394bb922607ed659b3a

v0.5.0
    **Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd

v0.4.0
    **Updated for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.4.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: 7f0df477f5e17a2a6ec595a61c962230

v0.3.1
    **Updated for Alpha3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 20ec3fa2a509e6cb7cde73498c6f8a4a

v0.2
    **Updated for Alpha2**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.2 [Mirror]
    MD5: 4f8c9a6cea0dabd3ef194fea5bdbdf3d

v0.1
    **Initial release**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.1 [Mirror]

Source:
    Full github source.
    FAQ

Q. I have trouble getting 100MHz to stick, what do I do?
    A. Try the steps in this post. Edit: This is fixed in kernel v0.6.3+

Q. Why is there a green tint when I turn the phone on?
    A. That's a minor side effect of Voodoo Color. See this post.
    Here's an update to include Voodoo Sound. Let me know if there are any issues.

**Added Voodoo Sound - for Alpha4/Alpha5**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.5.0 [Mirror]
    MD5: e0cf5689402e38486a8450c83d3ee6fd

Long time coming

Ok, guys, sorry it took so long, but here's an updated kernel for beta3. Features alot of fixes from the CM team, including capacitive key backlight disabling support and revamped OC code. I'm still including the extra frequency steps reworked to fit the new code scheme. I have also thrown in 1.5Ghz for you speed demons. Undervolting is still allowed, but not recommended due to stability. But feel free to push the limits :D You may also notice the ability to hold the volume keys to scroll in recovery mode.

**Updated for Beta3**
    Download ShadowKernel-CM9-v0.6.3.1 [Mirror]
    MD5: 509f077389cb4273eb8f9f6e288bda8d