Part2---NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis---ROMS and more

Search This thread

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
I have been trying very hard this afternoon and for some reason what worked on Monday/Tuesday (pm install ..) now bricks my tablet time and again, even though every apk installs fine from a terminal, because that's what I did this afternoon to check why my tablet bricks. All apks install fine from the terminal but not from the boot script anymore :confused:
Maybe the combination or sequence?
I will now starting to check the logcat to see what happens.

All in all: this pm install thing during boot is more tricky then I expected (or I do something completely wrong now but simply don't see it yet).

Same problem here, works first time then bricks. Maybe it's a timing issue, systemui needs to be running before pm install, or security issue. To do a silent install you are supposed to sign apk with manufacturer's key. (secret key)

stevemp

heart_crafter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2008
Philadelphia
support.htc-unlocks.com
:confused:
You already use the chown command in your 02_InstallFromSD.sh and 02_Install.sh. Can you elaborate on your question? I don't understand it (and the chwonto command doesn't exist).

chownto not busybox chown

edit:
chownto is a command that copies permissions from one file to another
ok i forgot its a toolbox command on my phone...

Sent from doubleshot.

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
some of my scripts with sdcard directory doesnt work on the rom i just posted cuz sd card isnt loaded when the scripts runs...
they work fine on gb...
Paths on froyo are mostly different from gingerbread.
/mnt/sdcard/external_sd is mostly symlinked to /sdcard on froyo
and /mnt/scard is mostly symlinked to /flash on froyo (see also the init.rk28board.rc).
On Cyanogenmod it is different but Daremos kept the froyo paths in his gingerbread daremos roms.

When you want to run the scripts from boot from an sdcard you need to do something else. The sdcard is only mounted at the very last moment by the Gui, e.g. after you boot scripts have run.
In one of my boot scripts I have the following to copy scripts to sdcard but you can use the same procedure to mount and run the scripts from sdcard.
Code:
# Copy scripts to sdcard
# sdcard is mounted at the very latest when the gui is already running. That's too late for my script
# so create temp sdcard folder, mount sdcard, do the copy work and then unmount
mkdir /data/tmpsdcard
vfat_options="rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0111,dmask=0000,shortname=mixed,utf8"

mount -t vfat -o $vfat_options /dev/block/vold/179:1 /data/tmpsdcard

# Copy gscript scripts to correct position
cp -r /system/extra_stuff/gscript /data/tmpsdcard

# now unmount and remove temp folder
umount /data/tmpsdcard
rmdir /data/tmpsdcard
### End of sdcard mount/copy/umount part ####

The line "/dev/block/vold/179:1" can differ in your case, but I don't think so as you also have an RK2818 all running the same kernel (more or less).
You can check that by simply typing "mount" in a terminal and find the line that mentions /mnt/sdcard/external_sd. mount without options displays all mounted file systems.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

chownto not busybox chown

edit:
chownto is a command that copies permissions from one file to another
ok i forgot its a toolbox command on my phone...

Sent from doubleshot.

OK, now I understand. On unix/linux that is
Code:
chmod --reference <reference-file> <target-file>

EDIT: and when copying files on unix/linux/android use
Code:
cp --preserve <source files> <target>

Last edited:

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
path

export PATH /sbin:/system/sbin:/system/bin:/system/xbin

The busybox that I wanted to use is in /system/xbin and the old one is in sbin. I was being lazy and tried doing it in windows and broke the links. One of these days I'm dumping windows completely. I use Xubuntu in vmware player which is fine for a while, then Windows quits working and I have to reboot. When building a rom I do everything in Linux except flash the img and I could use rkflashtool to do that.

stevemp

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com

The busybox that I wanted to use is in /system/xbin and the old one is in sbin. I was being lazy and tried doing it in windows and broke the links. One of these days I'm dumping windows completely. I use Xubuntu in vmware player which is fine for a while, then Windows quits working and I have to reboot. When building a rom I do everything in Linux except flash the img and I could use rkflashtool to do that.

stevemp

Mac OS X is my main system since 2007. My server runs Ubuntu, my old laptop runs Lubuntu. Using linux since 1993. My children run windows. (You can't be perfect in all aspects :D)

heart_crafter

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 20, 2008
Philadelphia
support.htc-unlocks.com

stevemp

use vmbox by oracle... u can use same virtualhd that u use in vmplayer... i think vmbox is much stable...
when you link in windows put full paths... for example
if you want a sh symlink in xbin... make a new link and add full path /system/bin/sh

if u just do /bin/sh it looks like it is right but its not...
see my last rom...

Sent from doubleshot.

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
use vmbox by oracle... u can use same virtualhd that u use in vmplayer... i think vmbox is much stable...
when you link in windows put full paths... for example
if you want a sh symlink in xbin... make a new link and add full path /system/bin/sh

if u just do /bin/sh it looks like it is right but its not...
see my last rom...

Sent from doubleshot.

Thanks for the info about vmbox, but it's worse than just Linux. Notepad++, usb, adb, seems like the drivers for my motherboard/cpu/gpu have bugs. :( I have one of the new amd/gpu low power chips, 75 watts total. Low power usage but drivers are not stable yet. Maybe it gets sorted out when the drivers get more mature. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod chmod [''references''][''operator''][''modes''] ''file1''

stevemp

Last edited:

stevemp

Jan 25, 2011
Palatka
Twk pm install script

#!/system/bin/busybox sh
# Install any addon .apks that need "real" installation.
#
# Todo: Automatically find and loop through any .apks rather than
# hard coded like now. Also, investigate if we can make "pm" terminate
# gracefully rather than just forking and waiting "for a while" :p
#
# /Twk
#

if [ -f /system/.twk ]; then
if [ -f /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk ]; then
/system/bin/busybox sleep 30
/system/bin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Beginning apk installation..." > /data/twk-install.log
while [ ! -f /data/app/com.magicandroidapps.betterterm.apk ]
do
/system/bin/busybox sh -c "/system/bin/pm install /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk" >> /data/twk-install.log 2>&1 &
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
done
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
/sbin/busybox mount -o "rw,errors=continue,data=ordered,noatime,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
rm /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk
/sbin/busybox mount -o "ro,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
fi
/sbin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Installation complete," >> /data/twk-install.log
fi

Twk copies system to an ext3 partition, so may not work on aufs.
twk.m7-series.007-beta4-jit-N3.img> http://www.mediafire.com/?z5j39n41gvv79uz
Modified to work on Next3.
stevemp

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
#!/system/bin/busybox sh
# Install any addon .apks that need "real" installation.
#
# Todo: Automatically find and loop through any .apks rather than
# hard coded like now. Also, investigate if we can make "pm" terminate
# gracefully rather than just forking and waiting "for a while" :p
#
# /Twk
#

if [ -f /system/.twk ]; then
if [ -f /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk ]; then
/system/bin/busybox sleep 30
/system/bin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Beginning apk installation..." > /data/twk-install.log
while [ ! -f /data/app/com.magicandroidapps.betterterm.apk ]
do
/system/bin/busybox sh -c "/system/bin/pm install /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk" >> /data/twk-install.log 2>&1 &
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
done
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
/sbin/busybox mount -o "rw,errors=continue,data=ordered,noatime,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
rm /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk
/sbin/busybox mount -o "ro,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
fi
/sbin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Installation complete," >> /data/twk-install.log
fi

Twk copies system to an ext3 partition, so may not work on aufs.
twk.m7-series.007-beta4-jit-N3.img> http://www.mediafire.com/?z5j39n41gvv79uz
Modified to work on Next3.
stevemp

The system copying of ro cramfs to ext3 rw system is an old trick which I used some roms ago and I think you got it also in your roms. I still don't see an added benefit for a completely rw system partition. It also brings security issues and reflashing issues if you use the RK2818 reflash method (which reminds of the gingerbread recovery.img. I'm getting old I think)

I'm impressed though the way twk tweaked the rom. He does a lot of extra things in the init.rk28board.rc. Really something to use from now on (proudly stolen elsewhere as the saying goes).
His standard unix redirecting / error catching for the pm install is something I should have used myself:eek:
Thanks for sharing this with us!

bobsoe

Aug 10, 2010
market bewilderment

so, my NEXT3 adventures continue.

I've got another NEXT 3 that I've flashed for a friend. I get the gmail account associated and then I run the market and that's were my troubles begin.

The market will work on all the roms I've tested, my problem is that he market selection is nil.:confused::confused::confused:

The free games section show 2 games for download and that's it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
sysinit

I was checking if this Supercharger really work as it should, and I found out that we have had a problem in my rom from some time ago.

Probably is the reason for this disgusting issue of USB Mass Storage screen. BTW the solution provided by surfer63 AKA hvdwolf (froyo adbd) still have such problem.

In system/bin in some moment disappear the module sysinit. So the following instruction is never executed

Code:
# Run sysinit
    exec /system/bin/sysinit

class_start default

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maybe that's why is needed to execute a reboot to activate above mentioned screen.

Let me know if the issue is solved adding enclosed file in mentioned directory.

God bless you all (Pope Marcial maciel)

Attachments

• sysinit.rar
    170 bytes · Views: 5
Reactions: heart_crafter

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden

I've got another NEXT 3 that I've flashed for a friend. I get the gmail account associated and then I run the market and that's were my troubles begin.

The market will work on all the roms I've tested, my problem is that he market selection is nil.:confused::confused::confused:

I don't know which roms you mean, I have seen this problem sometimes.
1. update some apk over the market except fileexpert app or
2. delete data cash from framework and stop file, then delete cash from market an stop too,

finally reboot.

Reactions: bobsoe

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I was checking if this Supercharger really work as it should, and I found out that we have had a problem in my rom from some time ago.

Probably is the reason for this disgusting issue of USB Mass Storage screen. BTW the solution provided by surfer63 AKA hvdwolf (froyo adbd) still have such problem.

In system/bin in some moment disappear the module sysinit. So the following instruction is never executed

Code:
# Run sysinit
    exec /system/bin/sysinit

class_start default

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Maybe that's why is needed to execute a reboot to activate above mentioned screen.

Let me know if the issue is solved adding enclosed file in mentioned directory.

God bless you all (Pope Marcial maciel)
Hmm, Are you sure? In all my Archos roms starting from eclair, but also froyo and the gingerbread/cyanogenmods, this sysinit binary is missing.What's more: my init.rk28board.rc doesn't contain this command set and I found out that not one single Archos/Arnova rom (eclair/froyo/GB) contained this binary or command set in the init.rk28board.rc. USB mass storage on the other hand always worked in eclair and froyo.
My trick to use the froyo adbd in (CM7) GB always works for me: no reboots or whatever necessary. Did you use the adbd from one of your own tablet froyos?

Never the less: If your solution works for others than that's nice.:)

Jostey

Jan 8, 2011
Hmm, Are you sure? In all my Archos roms starting from eclair, but also froyo and the gingerbread/cyanogenmods, this sysinit binary is missing.What's more: my init.rk28board.rc doesn't contain this command set and I found out that not one single Archos/Arnova rom (eclair/froyo/GB) contained this binary or command set in the init.rk28board.rc. USB mass storage on the other hand always worked in eclair and froyo.
My trick to use the froyo adbd in (CM7) GB always works for me: no reboots or whatever necessary. Did you use the adbd from one of your own tablet froyos?

I'm guilty of that has disappeared sysint (I removed it) haha ...
I removed it because I did not see utility, now has utility for new scripts.
A greeting!

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com

Yes, you are missing something here.
Use the by now world known market fix:
  • [1] start the market and wait till everything is synched. (wait for the sync icon to disappear in the status bar).
    [2] go to settings->applications.
    [3] Clear the cache of the Market, not the data! Then stop the Market.
    [4] Clear the data of the Google Framework Services. Then stop the Google Framework Services.
    [5] reboot immediately and go to Market, it should now fully work.
When you are too fast (not synced completely) you sometimes have to repeat step 3,4,5.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

o wow it was that easy :O grr
i hope chmod copies the ownership also...
thanksss
No it doesn't. chmod changes the file/folder attributes.
chown changes the owner:group attributes.

Reactions: bobsoe

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago

I'm not sure :) there is such instruction in init.rc so I insert back the binary (from last fun_image).
BTW such instruction is present in your rom: I've been using it for comparisons in my 7" RK2818.

I load your rom in the tablet and it work fine... but... the damn issue of elusive USB Mass Storage is still present.

Was very nice to find your rom for comparisons in my 7" tablet. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Roms

CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL

If Screen rotation is wrong. You may have to edit settings in build.prop.
    Thanks fun_ for the fix.
    #fun_ screen orientation
    accelerometer.flip_xy=0
    accelerometer.invert_x=0
    accelerometer.invert_y=0
    accelerometer.invert_z=0
    accelerometer.hwrotation=0

Thanks to CyanogenMod for the rom, DaremoS, JDFense, heart_crafter, surfer63 for help with scripts and testing.

CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL-KANG-05.24.2012
    7" Tablets
    BqVernePlus > http://www.mediafire.com/?b7r3b5tnmb9a5iu
    BqVoltaire > http://www.mediafire.com/?d28k1pii6z39139
    PMP3074B > http://www.mediafire.com/?cxop5dz916pccx0
    Yarvik > http://www.mediafire.com/?lw9sqmzdmkb1nw6
    Yarvik mod by ny-hardcore > gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/38287677?limit=1

CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL-Release
    8.4" Tablets
    Next3 > http://www.mediafire.com/?ajiky56vop7j2ma
    PMP3084B > http://www.mediafire.com/?5mbbv54gmacx206
    Darwin > http://www.mediafire.com/?pjp7j4elw2hjar0
    Odys Genesis > http://www.mediafire.com/?secb6folapg3fra

stevemp
    -Prolog-
    This is continuation of Donaldj83 thread, who has left the first thread
    NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis
    > http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=988740
    as the founder in November 2011. So far -thanks to Donald for all the good work and the fun we had together. :cool:
    DaremoS an JDfense decide after more than two months later, it is time to go on and clean up. So much lost roms and dead links.
    After consultation the »management«(forum moderator) we are allowed to open the second part of the thread under the same headline.

Our main goal is to get the best ROMs for our lovely rk2818(rk2808) tablets.:)
    Everybody is invited, who wants to help, has a question or the answers or likes simply to discuss some »nerd-things« around the tablet.
    Off the topic is strictly forbidden, but with respect and a sense of humor, we find a path between the rule.;)

JDfense
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---:Dkernel of the thread:D---
    DaremoS, the Dev of our gingerbread roms:rolleyes:
    stevemp, the archive, another gingerbread Dev, rom cooker and code player:)
    heart_crafter, testpilot, codemaker and rom cooker:cool:
    surfer63 alias hvdwolf, the great rom cooker and code maker from the archos forum;)
    JDfense, rom cooker and code copier, who tries to hold all the pieces together:eek:

News
    ---new---2012.11.16---stevemp Darwin_Froyo_ver_2.0 :cowboy:The hall of fame edition:cowboy:
    ---2012.09.21---
    CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL_GB_v.2.0 by stevemp
    ---2012.09.21---Darwin_Froyo_ver_1.0 by stevemp
    ---2012.07.08---cleaning up of the thread to get a better overview
    ---2012.05.18---New gingerbread CM7.2 released by stevemp # 5

---2012.05.18---Final eclare v0.5.e is rom released by heart_crafter #646

---2012.04.25---Final eclare
    v0.4.e is rom released by heart_crafter #646
    ---2012.04.07---New eclare rom update by heart_crafter (maybe final version)
    ---2012.04.03---hvdwolf froyo mod by JDfense out now for testing. for details look here # 865
    ---2012.03.24---Darwin froyo Nerd Edition 2.0 update by JDFense
    ---2012.03.19---New eclare rom by heart_crafter

ROM's

Most wanted ROM's of the thread:cowboy:

---new---2012.11.16---stevemp Darwin_Froyo_ver_2.0 - :cowboy:The hall of fame edition:cowboy:
    -
    for download and more details check out here

05.24.2012 / CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL-KANG by stevemp
    for download and more details check out here # 5 and the final release
    # 1555 from 06.26.2012

DaremoS Gingerbread Third Edition V1.2rc2
    by stevemp and JDfense
    2012.02.12 / V1.2rc2 https://rapidshare.com/files/760915292/JDfenseZeamOdysRC21.img for genesis
    2012.02.12 / V1.2rc2 https://rapidshare.com/files/2833919076/stevempZeamNext3RC21.img for pmp3084b and next 3 for pmp3084b and next 3
    2012.02.13 / V1.2rc22 http://www.mediafire.com/?z2bcygrfdyou56n for genesis
    features like V1.2rc1
    +Daroon video and audio player
    +new bootanimation and bootlogo
    + supercharger V6 special thanks to Zeppelinrox for the extra horse power in the rockship
    > for details check here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

JDfense's Darwin froyo Edition for genesis, next3 and pmp3084b

2012.03.24 / http://www.mediafire.com/?73v3dz1b7lpdpk5 --- Nerd Edition 2.0
    Details update: # 746
    +small and fast froyo, add apps as you like over the market
    +/-Adobe reader won't work, but I recommend ebookdroid as pdf-reader from the market
    +market 2.36 black edition
    +zeam launcher

2012.04.23 Next3-Rockingchip_Eclare-Final-Version 0.5e modded by heart_crafter

Look here for details # 646 --- This is an awesome eclare rom, but not easy to install (recommended for advanced user)

Not most wanted, but part of the history:cowboy:
    ---------------------------------------
    >>>Gingerbread
    ROM's<<<

---------------------------------------
    05.24.2012 /CyanogenMod-7.2.0-UNOFFICIAL_GB_v.2.0 by stevemp
    for download and more details check out here

DaremoS Gingerbread Third Edition V1.2rc1
    by stevemp and JDfense
    2012.02.07 / V1.2rc1 http://www.mediafire.com/?vky6f0kjtr7iina for genesis
    2012.02.07 / V1.2rc1 https://rapidshare.com/files/3581080985/JDFenseSteveV12rc1Next.img for pmp3084b and next 3
    Details:
    -system audio and video player out, choose the players you like from the market
    +change to the faster zeam launcher
    +jukefox audio player
    +faster than the original
    +brightness adjustment fixed
    +market downgraded to 2.36 Black edition
    + supercharger V6
    special thanks to Zeppelinrox for the extra horse power in the rockship
    > for details check here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

more details soon here> # 183

2012.02.03 / DaremoS gingerbread 2.37 V1 for genesis, pmp3084b and next 3 modified by JDfense
    https://rapidshare.com/files/3950306239/DarJDfV1.img
    Details:
    +system audio and video work with media list and no crashes on odys genesis
    +change to the faster zeam launcher
    +jukefox audio player
    +faster than the original
    +brightness adjustment fixed >thanks to stevemp
    -market still a bit slow
    more Details ># 158

2012.02.03 / DaremoS gingerbread 2.37 Third Edition for Genesis, PMP3084B and Next3 ---original version
    RK28 AndroidTool.rar
    Details:
    +ROM have system R/W
    +Sports an excellent player PlayerPro v2.2 for media (green player)..
    +Include my favourite RockVideoPlayer and awesome utility Rom Toolbox.
    The ROM is unpacked in directory "rockdev". To flash it is needed to select "RKAndroidTool.exe", do a Erase IDB and then tick "loader" and press "Run".

2012.01.23 / CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-RK2818-KANG_FullRoot for Genesis, PMP3084B and Next3 modified by heart_crafter
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43803172/201...Root-RW_en.img
    use more info from here http://xdaforums.com/show...postcount=1919
    Details: +RW /System
    +Modified framework-res.apk (changed phone strings to tablet and changed wallpaper)
    +Added ButtonRemapper
    +LauncherPro
    +bq Kernel

2012.01.22_Gingerbread237_BQ_Root-RW_en modified by heart_crafter
    http://uploading.com/files/f1f81dcm/...oot-RW_en.rar/ for PMP3084B and Next3
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1284430739/20120122_Ginger237_BQ_Root-RW_enGenesis.img for Genesis
    Details:
    +RW /System
    +Modified framework-res.apk (changed phone strings to tablet and changed wallpaper)
    +Added ButtonRemapper
    +LauncherPro
    +bq Kernel

2011.12.31 / DaremoS gingerbread 2.37 Second Edition for Genesis, PMP3084B and Next3 modified by JDfense
    https://rapidshare.com/files/2864054811/dar237v8.img or
    http://www.multiupload.com/F03FKNXDO4

Details:
    changed to the fast and stable launcher pro; screen rotation should work; changed to bq-tablet kernel
    + fast and stable
    - no media list in audio/video
    For audio I recommend still jukefox from the market to play all kind of mp3; for more comfort in the video mobo player is often recommended, but I like rock player more
    ----------------------------
    >>>Froyo ROM's<<<
    ----------------------------
    ---new--- 2012.11.16---stevemp Darwin_Froyo_ver_2.0 - :cowboy:The hall of fame edition:cowboy:
    for download and more details check out here #1642

2012.09.21---stevemp Darwin_Froyo_ver_1.0
    for download and more details check out here #1626

hvdwolf(surfer63) froyo modified by JDfense
    for genesis, next3 and pmp3084b
    2012.04.03 / http://www.mediafire.com/?f109tje1lsnjlan - No.3
    For details: # 865
    + fast and stable froyo

Prestigio 3.02 froyo stripped by JDfense
    2011.11.05 / https://rapidshare.com/files/1043526064/Prestigio5.img -or-
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3hh639afv42sj65 ---for Odys genesis
    2011.11.05 / https://rapidshare.com/files/3506116497/Prestigio5_1.img -or- http://www.mediafire.com/?tihvfr8ube6suuq --- for PMP3084B and next3
    Details: froyo with the nice coloured Prestigo firmware, you love it or will hate it.;)

2012.02.02 / Prestigio froyo 3.04 for next 3, pmp3084b and genesis modded by JDfense

https://rapidshare.com/files/1492974....4rwfullV4.img Nerd Edition 2
    Details:
    +stripped about 20MB
    +fully read and write rooting , thanks to stevemp and heart_crafter
    +changed to the simple and fine zeam launcher
    +without rockaudio, instead jukefox
    +file Expert app for the destroyer like nerds
    +full googlesync support

2012.01.21_bq_Froyo_NE_en.rar for Genesis, PMP3084B and Next3 modified by heart_crafter
    http://uploading.com/files/2f9f4ada/...oyo_NE_en.rar/
    Details:
    +RW /System
    +Added ButtonRemapper
    +Working Music/Video/YouTube/Market
    +LauncherPro
    +bq Kernel

NEXT 2 froyo 2.21 ROM based on bq Voltaire in the archos forum
    http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=82&p=368152
    Details: Some next 2 user have recommended this ROM, but not all.

Next 2 froyo 2.21, another bq voltaire rom in the archos forum posted by Nauj666
    http://www.forotablets.com/showthread.php/3652-NUEVA-ROM-FROYO-VOLTAIRE-VERSION-2
    Details: tested by upNsmokeAllDay, works so far without issues, default language is spanish

-----------------------------------
    additional old roms/firmware
    -----------------------------------
    NEXT 2 ROM ONLY special thanks to delimeat52
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rd5zoladeyf4tlv
    Details: needed next 2 users for testing, maybe broken!

NEXT 2 ROM from the archive of Mr. stevemp
    http://www.mediafire.com/?4vt4exfo254eya1
    Details: not tested on next 2 tablet, only on next 3 so far

Original Next 3 ROM Rooted with Market Added that was posted by Donaldj83
    http://www.mediafire.com/?scke28z3a7i412j

====================================================================================================
    Now the sentences you all know. :eek:The use of all ROMS in the thread is on your own risk and none is 100% stable, but we are on the way.
    So be careful and ask better twice for details.
    Please report issues to all ROM's in details, so that we could learn from your experiences.

CyanogenMod 7.2.0 Release

Next3 > http://www.mediafire.com/?ajiky56vop7j2ma
    PMP3084B > http://www.mediafire.com/?5mbbv54gmacx206
    Odys Genesis > http://www.mediafire.com/?secb6folapg3fra
    bq Darwin > http://www.mediafire.com/?pjp7j4elw2hjar0

Roms have kernel and firmware from original tablets rom, you can try swapping hardware libraries if you have too many errors.
    Give it 15 minutes to load with under 100 music and video files, I have over 400 and it takes over 20 minutes. If you try to use it before it completely loads you will get force closes and errors.
    Will be updating....

stevemp
    20120515_Rockingchip_v0.5e.img - 108 MB (UPDATED!)

v0.5.e is out

App List:

... Removed all apps... add them as you like... put apps in sdcard /backups/apps before flashing...
    +Prestigo Kernel
    +New Lock screen

Everything works as far as I know at the movement.
    It's still a "work in progress" :D
    *Figure out how to add apps in superuser db correctly.
    *Progress bar while processing all the scripts ? :D
    *Fix Market
    *And more :D

Tips:
    I prefer flashing original kernel made for your tablet.
    Gesture up on dock icons to get to similar app!
    Add a widget on home screen "Widgetsoid Switcher (5*1)
    * Go to Profiles, hit LauncherDefaults, hit Load
    * Go to advance and check "Notification" box
    * Go to advance and check "Widget Invisible" box
    * Hit apply!

Guys let me know if any of the scrips help you... or should anything can be better. :D

Links:
    20120407_Rockingchip_v0.3e.rar - 237.9 MB - Rapidshare
    20120407_Rockingchip_v0.3e.rar - 237.9 MB - Dropbox Mirror2
    20120407_Rockingchip_v0.3e.rar - 237.9 MB - Uploading Mirror3
    20120423_Rockingchip_v0.4e.img - 99.8 MB - Uploading

20120515_Rockingchip_v0.5e - Dropbox - on v0.4e restore point app perfectly... on v0.5e it does not.

IMG size = 108 MB (113,920,004 bytes)
    Small SDCard file size = 27.0 MB (28,372,166 bytes) - MAKE SURE YOU AT LEAST PUT THIS ON SDCARD :D
    Some more apps - SDCard file size = 141 MB (148,439,519 bytes)

See PDFfor step by step instructions(with illustation)

If for some reason your device get stuck on boot screen:
    +Rotate the device to landscape for 1 sec... then rotate it back to Potrait ;)
    It's a nice trick i figured lol this happens when some wheresome permissions are not correct.
    - Launcher Pro issue lol - fixed with a work arround

More Info:
    Linux version 2.6.25 (wxniu@mid) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #35 Thu Nov 25 10:31:34 CST 2010 rockchip 281x version release v1.08(Archos)

Thanks