[CM9] User Support Thread / FAQ [HBO GO works w/CM9]

Search This thread

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Updated OP

Updated OP to give the links to the official CM9 pages. I appreciate everyone helping answer questions. Its one of the things that makes the Epic community so great!!

Devtodi

Aug 16, 2011
Marin County
bluetooth issues

Just flashed CM9b0 and gapps over alpha 5 everything stock and am still have bluetooth issues.

My phone connects in my car perfectly but I cannot play music over bluetooth. Car says it cannot connect the player even though the phone is already linked. Is there a fix for this?

shikyo13

Mar 7, 2012
I am having trouble with auto-rotate as well. I am currently flashing cleangb to calibrate and will flash back to cm9beta after. I tried toggling (don't understand why there is two check boxes) both boxes but no luck.

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Just flashed CM9b0 and gapps over alpha 5 everything stock and am still have bluetooth issues.

My phone connects in my car perfectly but I cannot play music over bluetooth. Car says it cannot connect the player even though the phone is already linked. Is there a fix for this?

Bluetooth is still a work in progress.

If you look at the Issue Tracker (link in OP) and search for bluetooth you'll find there are a few submitted items.

It should get straightened out soon.

Reactions: Devtodi

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I am having trouble with auto-rotate as well. I am currently flashing cleangb to calibrate and will flash back to cm9beta after. I tried toggling (don't understand why there is two check boxes) both boxes but no luck.

This is a last resort performed by a few users, it finally made their rotation work followng these steps:

- odin'd to stock el30.
- Verified that auto-rotate worked.
- followed the steps to root via a QBKing video
- Upgraded recovery to CWM 5
- Flashed CleanGB Rom
- Calibrated a few times it seems to have sped it up significantly.
- Flashed CM9 alpha 5 (no gapps yet)
- Flashed gapps

Bit of a long process; though even those that "tried everything" were able to get it working correctly doing this. Good luck!

n2mschf

Mar 28, 2011
SLC, Utah
So...not sure if this is the right place for this post but, just out of curiosity, what is the hold up of upstream implementations i.e. Theme Chooser (NOT an ETA, just something I've been wondering). Not that there isn't some great work going on from BG and KG but I'm not so much into the "Blues" yet. Got me a red case and a killer red wallpaper and fancy red icons and I miss my red themes. I wish I had the time, was good at this stuff and knew how to port things. I miss REALLY miss the Red Star theme I had from Froyo on SRF 1.2, lost it to go to CM7 and then settled on the Mixer Cherry and lost it to go to CM9 :( can't win for winning!!

Sent from my DecaKanged,noobnlfied, wtogami CM9 powered totally Epic 4g!

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
So...not sure if this is the right place for this post but, just out of curiosity, what is the hold up of upstream implementations i.e. Theme Chooser (NOT an ETA, just something I've been wondering). Not that there isn't some great work going on from BG and KG but I'm not so much into the "Blues" yet. Got me a red case and a killer red wallpaper and fancy red icons and I miss my red themes. I wish I had the time, was good at this stuff and knew how to port things. I miss REALLY miss the Red Star theme I had from Froyo on SRF 1.2, lost it to go to CM7 and then settled on the Mixer Cherry and lost it to go to CM9 :( can't win for winning!!

Sent from my DecaKanged,noobnlfied, wtogami CM9 powered totally Epic 4g!

:D

You'd have to ask the CM9 team; not the CM9 Epic 4G team ;) it will come but I would guess the theme chooser is not a high priority at the moment.

patience grasshopper ;)

You could always as BG, KG or zman for something Red to hold you over in the meantime. I'm sure they'd pop something out as red is a frequent theme color base.

Devtodi

Aug 16, 2011
Marin County
Quadrant Standard/HBO GO

I know this is small in the scheme of things, but QS is behaving badly and running really slow. I think it is an app issue dealing with ICS but I am not sure, can anyone confirm?

Also, along the same vein, I believe that HBO GO has not updated and does not work with ICS. It does not show up in the market and when I go to the site via the browser, it indicates that it is already installed and I cannot install or uninstall it (even though it is not installed).

Just looking for confirmation that these are app issues and not CM9 issues. Thanks.

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
I know this is small in the scheme of things, but QS is behaving badly and running really slow. I think it is an app issue dealing with ICS but I am not sure, can anyone confirm?

Also, along the same vein, I believe that HBO GO has not updated and does not work with ICS. It does not show up in the market and when I go to the site via the browser, it indicates that it is already installed and I cannot install or uninstall it (even though it is not installed).

Just looking for confirmation that these are app issues and not CM9 issues. Thanks.

I can confirm HBO Go doesn't work (neither does Sprint TV). TV.Com does work. If you're looking for something to watch :)

I just downloaded Quadrant Standard and ran it myself and it worked just fine.
Perhaps you should uninstall and reinstall?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-03-09-10-26-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-03-09-10-26-17.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 58

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Correct HBO GO has not been updated for Android 4.x yet. Crackle is an awesome TV/movie app (especially if you like the Three Stooges).
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: jdelano

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Wow I am thinking I must be an idiot because I cannot find anything on the ghost voicemail for beta0. I found 3 apparent fixes for alpha 5 and I tried two of them: force stopping the phone app and the titanium backup one. Both worked for about 5 minutes and then the notification came back. The one I didn't try appeared to be a fix that just removes the icon from up top but it is still there in the pull down tray. There was a new one released for each alpha but I did not see one for beta. This might be acceptable but for whatever reason my phone will continually notify me of the voicemail ever half hour or so (haven't timed it yet). Am I just missing something? Is there another fix out there?

jdelano

Sep 10, 2010
Buford, GA
Wow I am thinking I must be an idiot because I cannot find anything on the ghost voicemail for beta0. I found 3 apparent fixes for alpha 5 and I tried two of them: force stopping the phone app and the titanium backup one. Both worked for about 5 minutes and then the notification came back. The one I didn't try appeared to be a fix that just removes the icon from up top but it is still there in the pull down tray. There was a new one released for each alpha but I did not see one for beta. This might be acceptable but for whatever reason my phone will continually notify me of the voicemail ever half hour or so (haven't timed it yet). Am I just missing something? Is there another fix out there?

Do you have a voicemail waiting?
Dial your own number and check your voicemail that way; just to be sure.

Then have a look at the customization guide for voice mail in CM9.

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
I cant remember where i read it at but is it possible to restore app data from a game?? Thanks in advance guys...i came to far in this game lol..

danipoak

Feb 27, 2012
Definitely not a voicemail in waiting. Checked a few times just to confirm. Luckily on CM7 there was the ignore voicemail setting but as I understand it that is just an upstream issue and has not been implemented yet. There isn't anything about the phantom voicemail in the customization guide, just how to set up GV for you voicemail which I have already done. I have been browsing around casually all day trying to find a fix but it appears there just really isn't anything out there. The best I can come up with is to freeze [VOICEMAIL] Phone.4.0.3-eng Titanium and then just leave it frozen since as soon as I unfreeze it the notification comes back as seen in this thread but I just don't understand all of the ramifications of leaving it frozen. If my voicemails will still get forwarded to GV and I can just log into that and check them then great I will just leave it frozen but if freezing it removes phone functionality then it is a no go.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

I cant remember where i read it at but is it possible to restore app data from a game?? Thanks in advance guys...i came to far in this game lol..

Do you have titanium backup and if so did you backup the game? If you did then you can just select the app in titanium and click restore data.

Reactions: MrEpic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM9: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G
    CyanogenMod 9 for Sprint's Samsung Epic 4G - User Support.

Please check these areas below for the answer to your issue:

Official FAQ
    Customization Guide
    Battery Optimization Guide

Lastly, check the issue tracker to see if the issue you are having has already been reported.

EpicCM9 Issue Tracker

You ask ... so whats next??
    Check here.

Finally, you still can’t find the answers you need? Please feel free to continue to post your questions here. We’ll do our best to find the answers you need.

Thanks to BigGoron/Uber, Meetface, kennyglass123 and edfunkycold again for their help here!
    Installation Issues

[moved to official faq]
    Lol i tried the ODIN back to stock part.....still didnt work, i rerooted it and put CM9 back, still no luck

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

If you ODIN back to stock el30 rom and it didn't work that gave you the answer. Don't bother trying cm9 or anything else its not software related. It most likely is hardware or sprint issue. You should have left the stock rom and taken your phone to sprint.

Sent from my MTD Epic 4G SGS using Tapatalk
    Have to delete or rename a file.

Found the answer here:
    forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/41210-cm9-alpha-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__297331

rename or delete this file and it will start running the bootanimation.zip again.

/data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

That setting was removed by CM.

Boot animation is working.
    post # 2898:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    i must be blind or retarded but i cant find the download link for the ROM =(
    MeetFace:Or both?...hehe, had to =D

You need to visit the CMEpic website, this same link is in the OP
    http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-install-guide.html

post #2901:Originally Posted by Marlinsfan88
    which one do i download out of the 1-6?
    jdelano:
    CM9 alpha4 [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
    each has the same zip file; so any of them.

GApps will display a google page that lists links to download the zip file. Again just click one to download the file.

post# 2911
    davidh59
    This afternoon my phone beeped at me that the battery was low ( which it shouldn't have been ) then shut itself off. A few minutes later I turned it on and the battery was at 56%. Anyone have an idea on tracking down what happened? I've had nothing like this on any of the alphas.

On stock alpha 4

jdelano
    I had something like this today; 15% it beeped, I waited until it got down to about 11% (i wanted two days off charge). I plugged in my phone to my PC, the PC nor the phone saw they were connected to each other. So I rebooted the phone (with the usb still connected). When it came back up, it had 46% battery; the PC then saw the phone then.

I'll run it down until it beeps again to see if it happens. if we can repeat it we can submit it to CM

Similar problems here, I submitted the issue and the reaction was that all roms are supposed to shut down at low battery, they mentioned possibly lowering the value for the shut down, but marked the bug as an Enhancement instead of a defect.