FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] What ROM should I choose for my Streak 5?

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By webdawg, Junior Member on 9th March 2012, 04:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an old streakdroid ROM atm and it sucks. Crashes all the time. I was looking at the wiki and a **** ton of ROM versions exist.

It seems from what I have read the the newer ROMs and versions of android actually run faster. Is this true?

What is the best ROM out now and what should I be concerned with? Will my device get banned from the Google Market? (Who cares I can update/install apps manually)

It has been a while since I have flashed. I downloaded the newest rom from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1355878 but I do not see an update.pkg to update.

I know I should do a factory reset before reflashing but I have also heard that flashing from old versions causes problems.

Right now I am running 2.2.2 Android with the 2.6.32.9 DJ_Steve Kernel.

StreakDroid5 v1.9.4

I can put in the work but it seems some things have changed and I just want some direction before I spend the next week reading thread after thread to catch up to what is going on.

What ROM should I use with what mods?

10th March 2012, 02:23 PM |#2  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 1,050

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdawg

I have an old streakdroid ROM atm and it sucks. Crashes all the time. I was looking at the wiki and a **** ton of ROM versions exist.

It seems from what I have read the the newer ROMs and versions of android actually run faster. Is this true?

What is the best ROM out now and what should I be concerned with? Will my device get banned from the Google Market? (Who cares I can update/install apps manually)

It has been a while since I have flashed. I downloaded the newest rom from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1355878 but I do not see an update.pkg to update.

I know I should do a factory reset before reflashing but I have also heard that flashing from old versions causes problems.

Right now I am running 2.2.2 Android with the 2.6.32.9 DJ_Steve Kernel.

StreakDroid5 v1.9.4

I can put in the work but it seems some things have changed and I just want some direction before I spend the next week reading thread after thread to catch up to what is going on.

What ROM should I use with what mods?

You still have ALOT of reading to do, come back in a several days...

Most of us now are running a gingerbread variant but it has it bugs obviously so I'm begging with to not flash any of these until you have done a lot of reading so you won't be posting senseless threads on your problems... each ROM has it's issues very clearly in it's own threads by the devs so don't create a new thread with an old problem... I can't tell you which is the best because they are all pretty good, the best is up to you
11th March 2012, 02:55 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Cool I suggest [ROM] [INTL] [WIP] DSC v0.73
This is probably the best ROM out now. But you no longer update via an update.pkg - its been awhile You will need to install streakmod via fastboot then boot into streakmod to select your dsc.zip update. There are lots of details on how to do this on the DELL STREAK forum.

I wouldn't go with the just out cyogenmod ports - they are bugging and still a major work in progress.

Course this is my opinion but I have installed them all ...many times
12th March 2012, 04:53 PM |#4  
Flag The Lost World
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzo72

I can't tell you which is the best because they are all pretty good, the best is up to you

cdzo72, i'm agree with you. really cannot tell which one is the best cause of all of them were in their own class and to compare among them is not a good thing to think of. As for the new user of streak like me, i think all of them were superb..:thumbup: ...!!!

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA
26th March 2012, 07:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
read, try and relax..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=698
26th March 2012, 05:10 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Don't waste your time, DSC ROM everything just works .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)