9th March 2012, 08:22 PM |#1651  
Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 3,965

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimorqleko

touch recovery is for NO0BS... nobody really NEEDS it.

i know but most of people moving to alfs v8 only for toch recovery

9th March 2012, 08:40 PM |#1652  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 19,435

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kolaa

when you wilL relase kernel with toch recovery ?
ps : most of people move tO alfs v8 only for toch recovery

Firstly, your tone is rude to say the least. Nevertheless I'll try to respond to your actual contents.
Touch recovery the way it is right now in CWM (i.e. scrolling down the finger to move to the next option) is at minimum a crappy solution. Have you seen TOUCHCOVERY? You can actually pick your options and scroll through menus, much like you do on android menus. It's pretty nifty, though not open source. Additionally, touch recovery is only useful for devices with little to none actual hardware buttons. Our devices is a chassis with buttons all over the place...

The nAa kernel has so much more features and bug fixes and ports from higher kernels that no other kernel has for these devices. Check my github if you disagree and also check the commit dates to see that those things were firstly done on this kernel. This is a gpl'ed world though so anyone can cherry-pick and fork whatever they like.

Also feel free to use whatever super duper ultra extra mega extreme infernal apocalyptic kernel or ROM you like. Most of the ROMs posted on these subsections are based on MiniCM so comparing them with MiniCM is pretty pointless imo.
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobodyAtall Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 09:01 PM |#1653  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 59

More
I agree,touch recovery is not so useful,i think nAa prefer to focus on performance and not on things like this,by the way i think there's no point using virtual touch buttons fixed in one place.

Sent from my E15i
9th March 2012, 09:02 PM |#1654  
Flag Szarvas
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyAtall

Firstly, your tone is rude to say the least. Nevertheless I'll try to respond to your actual contents.
Touch recovery the way it is right now in CWM (i.e. scrolling down the finger to move to the next option) is at minimum a crappy solution. Have you seen TOUCHCOVERY? You can actually pick your options and scroll through menus, much like you do on android menus. It's pretty nifty, though not open source. Additionally, touch recovery is only useful for devices with little to none actual hardware buttons. Our devices is a chassis with buttons all over the place...

The nAa kernel has so much more features and bug fixes and ports from higher kernels that no other kernel has for these devices. Check my github if you disagree and also check the commit dates to see that those things were firstly done on this kernel. This is a gpl'ed world though so anyone can cherry-pick and fork whatever they like.

Also feel free to use whatever super duper ultra extra mega extreme infernal apocalyptic kernel or ROM you like. Most of the ROMs posted on these subsections are based on MiniCM so comparing them with MiniCM is pretty pointless imo.

you talked from my heart....i agree that, ther is lots of kernels, BUT they based on your work. thnaks for it!
9th March 2012, 09:02 PM |#1655  
Flag México
Thanks Meter: 2,502

More
Smile Thanks!!!
You know I admire you, your roms are great, and I agree with you, all roms are based on minicm, well I thank you for your effort, I just wish aber one thing, I'm almost sure that your next kernel, linux will 2.6.35, but I would like to know the date on which the published ...
9th March 2012, 09:14 PM |#1656  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Patras
Thanks Meter: 19,435

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiafan13

You know I admire you, your roms are great, and I agree with you, all roms are based on minicm, well I thank you for your effort, I just wish aber one thing, I'm almost sure that your next kernel, linux will 2.6.35, but I would like to know the date on which the published ...

SE has hacked this kernel too much for compatibility with our phones and it's not an easy task to rebase to anything else, even to .32
This will still be 2.6.29 in the kernel version but practically most of the components are already patched, even from 3.0+ kernels.

All that ICS needs from a kernel POV will be there
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nobodyAtall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nobodyAtall Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 09:17 PM |#1657  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Touch recovery?No thanks,I prefer my trusty reliable hardware buttons.
Anyway thank you for everything you have done to make our devices what they are today and i can't wait for future updates
9th March 2012, 09:33 PM |#1658  
Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 3,965

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

SE has hacked this kernel too much for compatibility with our phones and it's not an easy task to rebase to anything else, even to .32
This will still be 2.6.29 in the kernel version but practically most of the components are already patched, even from 3.0+ kernels.

All that ICS needs from a kernel POV will be there

big tnx for changelog and gl mate
9th March 2012, 09:37 PM |#1659  
Thanks Meter: 72

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

super duper ultra extra mega extreme infernal apocalyptic kernel

Seriously someone needs to make a kernel with this as it's name
9th March 2012, 10:39 PM |#1660  
Flag kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaddington

Seriously someone needs to make a kernel with this as it's name

Ohh,that will be so sexy:cool:

Sent from my E15i using XDA App
10th March 2012, 09:05 AM |#1661  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/
Thanks Meter: 4,684

More
why touch recovery is useless, dangerous, and so non sense on our little devices?
why touch recovery is useless, dangerous, and so non sense on our little devices? ... and certainly more for X10mini and pro, but i do think it's the same on X8?

as nAa said : we have 7 hardware buttons ==> so why do you want to use your fingers instead ?
having 3 buttons is enough (4 is better : to have an hardware back button)
  1. look at your BIG fingers
  2. look at the SMALL screen
  3. look at the buttons

now, tell me what is the more accurate way to choose an option in the recovery ?
  • your finger on the screen that can slide by mistake and format your /system?
    or
  • the hardware buttons for scrolling and choosing precisely by small click?7

scrolling using vol up/down ; and home for OK are userfriendly, and so is the back button for going back

this is just what i think, but so do other people
m@

PS: do you prefer more REALLY useful features or only that small cosmetic feature ? ==> it is more an issue than a feature

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

will be added to FAQ later on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijskast

hello,

unlocked bootloader with flashtool
flashed latest nNa kernel
flashed miniCM7.2.1.9
flashed gapps provided in link

I have this weird issue, when navigating the menus.
The screen loses Horizontal and or Vertical allignment.

When i press the power button to screen-off and again to power on
The allignement is normal again up untill some clicks later.

I tried a full factory reset already, at first it looked OK but the problem comes back after a while.

Is this a known issue? Can it be easily solved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijskast

Apparantly this issue was created due to the CPU capping at 600Mhz ....
When set to 650Mhz this problem is not showing.

Quote:

This is not strange actually. The frequency table has changed a lot since stock kernel.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to matmutant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matmutant Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)