By carburano, Senior Member on 25th December 2011, 06:08 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th March 2012, 05:19 PM |#1431  
Flag Rīga
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunFone

Tryed your kernel, first time the phone booted, but froze allmost directly after.
Pulled the battery and did a new dalvik,and cache wipe.
This time the phone booted, but didn't go past the last lg boot logo.

To bad, your kernel sounds really promising.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Up the voltages. Edit script in init.d, or use the patches in Spica's thread or use an app...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferrum Master For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ferrum Master Ad-Free

9th March 2012, 07:46 PM |#1432  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,892

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden-snake

After trying all roms i can say with spica i had 3 freezes and reboots all charging and using wifi internet, with guest i only have 900 mb free on internal card and all other i have 1.20 gb free, skancil is stable but battery drain faster than the stock. Im staying on stock maybe because is ext3 dont know but is very stable and the battery is the best of all. finishing chargin the phone at 12:00 pm already made 6 calls +/- 20 minutes talking 10 text message and i still have 99% battery amazing best gigerbread rom ever thanks carburano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SREEPRAJAY

Thread is Django and he says stock(looks to be 1.1stock)....but u have to try it mate...for me...Django 1.1 with SR3 Normal Battery Version was truly amazing....so just flash and try it....heard that the devices are not the same....so TRY

@SREEPRAJAY, I think raiden-snake is talking about stock version (DjangoManouche1.1NoWipeEXT3Stock.zip) not the SR3 version. He already mentioned with spica (sr3) he got 3 freezes and reboots. You call SR3 variation great great great and again you say...."there were some small glitches and lags" thats funny. lol

. ---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpaulve

Problem with Gueste 1.2.1 AndrevOC Normal Vibration + zRAM enabled (EXT3) :

Reboot, CWM, install Zram_Disabler for guestekrnl.zip, then install 383MB_Swap_Enabler_for_guestekrnl.zip, wipe dalvik, reboot .
It's working excellent for me!

Files v1.2.1 --> http://www.mediafire.com/?9lvnkfthj9dbo#17at86x91owj9

These are like too many things to do after flashing rom and may invite problems. Why not everything included in rom. I think flashing single DjangoManouche1.1NoWipeEXT3Stock.zip is better. Literally no bugs reported till now. Other kernel versions some issues and always need to use fixes like above.
9th March 2012, 07:54 PM |#1433  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesie

Thanks for this great rom.
I have a problem:
Hi, I'm using stock 1.1. I installed openvpn but the connections don't start.
I installed openvpn with OpenVPNInstaller and starting to make connections using OpenVPNSetting like I've done in other rom.
can anyone help me? for me it's very important

Thank

Either use latest spica SR3R kernel wich includes the needed tun device or get the tun.ko module and configure openvpn to use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bvhoesel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bvhoesel Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 08:21 PM |#1434  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvhoesel

Either use latest spica SR3R kernel wich includes the needed tun device or get the tun.ko module and configure openvpn to use it.

Thank for your help. Tomorrow I'll try latest spica SR3R kernel but I'd rather keep the stock kernel.
I saw that Carburano had entered the tun.ko module that is in /system/lib/modules. I try to configure OpenVPN in various ways but without success
9th March 2012, 08:41 PM |#1435  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hello guys since i charge my phone at 12:00 pm until now i still have 87% battery, i made normal calls lots of texting and install some app from market. I still havent play games or videos but the battery until now is being amazing with DjangoManouche1.1NoWipeEXT3Stock, i will wait for some comments about the other versions to try the others again.
9th March 2012, 08:51 PM |#1436  
Flag Kristiansand
Thanks Meter: 1,158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiden-snake

hello guys since i charge my phone at 12:00 pm until now i still have 87% battery, i made normal calls lots of texting and install some app from market. I still havent play games or videos but the battery until now is being amazing with DjangoManouche1.1NoWipeEXT3Stock, i will wait for some comments about the other versions to try the others again.

Good to see you found happines

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
9th March 2012, 09:16 PM |#1437  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carburano

Please try a version with a modded kernel and report..
In the meantime i will check...

Inviato con il mio P990 DjangoManouche!

I try with spica kernel but with same result: openvpn don't work

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 usando Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 09:22 PM |#1438  
Flag Hinterholz 8
Thanks Meter: 5,769

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvhoesel

gueste also provides tun module

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

These are like too many things to do after flashing rom and may invite problems. Why not everything included in rom. I think flashing single DjangoManouche1.1NoWipeEXT3Stock.zip is better. Literally no bugs reported till now. Other kernel versions some issues and always need to use fixes like above.

The thing with gueste kernel and ZRam only happened when he flashed it over the Ext3 Stock version.
I haven't read about any issues with both gueste Ext4 versions yet, besides the fact, that mistakenly an unused swap file will be created on installation of these versions. But this swap file is not a kernel issue and also doesn't affect stability or performance and can easily be deleted if one needs the space. More feedbacks on clean unchanged/original gueste versions (not ext3 stock + guestekernel or other self-made compositions ) would be appreciated :)
9th March 2012, 10:15 PM |#1439  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 332

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Gündhör

gueste also provides tun module

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

The thing with gueste kernel and ZRam only happened when he flashed it over the Ext3 Stock version.
I haven't read about any issues with both gueste Ext4 versions yet, besides the fact, that mistakenly an unused swap file will be created on installation of these versions. But this swap file is not a kernel issue and also doesn't affect stability or performance and can easily be deleted if one needs the space. More feedbacks on clean unchanged/original gueste versions (not ext3 stock + guestekernel or other self-made compositions ) would be appreciated :)

Thank you for the wink!
Btw, I flash over my self-made composition ( ) your 1.2.1 noOC NV + Zram 3XXMb and works like a charms ! Since SR3 has several "big" bug (for me) I'm waiting for a new release of Spica with your beautiful kernel Stefan
The Following User Says Thank You to Marsou77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marsou77 Ad-Free
9th March 2012, 11:45 PM |#1440  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
I have tried all versions except stock. All are good, best rom after Topogigi, but custom kernels are eating battery. I will try the stock version, hoping that it will still have some speed in it like on custom kernel. Thanks for this beautiful rom.
9th March 2012, 11:59 PM |#1441  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
django 1.1 with gueste 1.3.1 batt save no OC, working great till now but as I see in all roms there is something that bothers me, there is no perfect scroll/smooth neither in menu/games or apps and the biggest problem for me is that first time after boot, flash performance is very good and after using my phone for an hour or two it starts to be choppy. I don`t know why every time I want to see 480p flash in browser I need to reboot. Tried with different kernels and roms but it`s the same problem. In rest it`s the best rom ever.

p.s. Is the gueste gernel v1.2.1 better than 1.3.1 ?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread