ICS Sense 3.6 update in Germany relased

Search This thread

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
The guy on the Sensation XL forum found a sales rep's device with ICS, took a system dump and made the ROM. No one in Desire S form was so lucky so no leaks for us :p:p:p

Reactions: ZaInT_

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
One CS said, that they will rollout the Sensation Line first, after that the Desire Line (HD and S).

And as far as i know, it can take up to 2 Weeks (maybe a Month) for just one Modell, because they are using the Serial-Numbers as Queue plus the branded ones laters.

And i bet that the Desire HD will be the first one who gets the updates, when they start on the Desire Line.

I calculate that our Desire S gets the Update between Mid April to End of July.

simeonoff

Jul 31, 2009
Sofia
www.sacreative.tk
One CS said, that they will rollout the Sensation Line first, after that the Desire Line (HD and S).

And as far as i know, it can take up to 2 Weeks (maybe a Month) for just one Modell, because they are using the Serial-Numbers as Queue plus the branded ones laters.

And i bet that the Desire HD will be the first one who gets the updates, when they start on the Desire Line.

I calculate that our Desire S gets the Update between Mid April to End of July.

May I see your calculation sheet, please!

Reactions: starzz

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Alright, here's my calculation - The Sensation line will be the first to get ICS, we all know this. Then, Evo 3D and Desire S (both came with GB). After that, Incredible S and DHD (both are older than Desire S and came with froyo. Also, both got sense 3 after the Desire S). From the info, it's gonna be an end of march to early April release. Keep in mind, the reigonal differences will always be there. India got the Sense 3 update in December, Europe had it in September. But we don't care, we just want custom ROMs which can be based on any release. I also expect Germany to be the first one to get the update. German sites were the first to report the Sense 3 update, and they are the first to report ICS.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Why would an older phone get an update earlier than the newer device. Sounds counter-intuitive to me.... :confused:

Alright, here's my calculation - The Sensation line will be the first to get ICS, we all know this. Then, Evo 3D and Desire S (both came with GB). After that, Incredible S and DHD (both are older than Desire S and came with froyo. Also, both got sense 3 after the Desire S).

Thanks... that's what i was thinking. This make more sense anyday... rather than projecting that the DHD will get the update ahead of us...

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
Thanks... that's what i was thinking. This make more sense anyday... rather than projecting that the DHD will get the update ahead of us...

The only way this is possible is that DHD gets a leak (like Sense 3.0). DHD got a leak waaay before us, but we got the official update a month before them.

The only way this is possible is that DHD gets a leak (like Sense 3.0). DHD got a leak waaay before us, but we got the official update a month before them.

No no ... not like that. I was just talking about "Official" updates from HTC. Over time, i have realized that official updates always bring a component of stability that ports from other devices do... Of course this is not universally true, and there are exceptions... especially when there are no official updates on certain versions. Take for example the Sense 3.5 release. We never got it officially, so we're running all Sensation XL ports - and Lowveld has done an amazing job on it with Endymion - but we still don't know if we would've had a better ROM is it was based on a DS update (too bad there wasn't any). And before that, there were many ports of Sense 3.0, the best of the which still came from one or the other DS official update, not from the Sensation, as it had originally started out with... Even today, the best Sense 3.0 ROMs for the DS are still based on the official update.

I'm just thinking out loud here...

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
Well that was just a cut of several German Sites (Mostly commentaries of German Users who phoned with HTC today and yesterday), not my throughs.
I dont care how long it takes, important for me is : It comes to our Desire S.

niceguy0815

Oct 4, 2011
I have hered somthing about official rollout in germany in the end of April ore beginning of Mai.

I have hered it from a frind working by O2 Germany. :)

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Hopefully official release will be end of March/start April...

I'm getting more impatient each day! What Rom will you guys use first;?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

dan-fish

May 27, 2011
Hopefully official release will be end of March/start April...

I'm getting more impatient each day! What Rom will you guys use first;?

Virtuous! Always been a big fan especially since my first ROM was unity

But I think I'd switch to Lowvelds ROM if he made one

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Virtuous! Always been a big fan especially since my first ROM was unity

But I think I'd switch to Lowvelds ROM if he made one

Yeah.... I would definitely switch to something lowveld has!

I'll probably use the stock pre rooted ROM first.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Somebody carries Sensation thinking it is Desire S, perhaps? :rolleyes:

No no ... not like that. I was just talking about "Official" updates from HTC. Over time, i have realized that official updates always bring a component of stability that ports from other devices do... Of course this is not universally true, and there are exceptions... especially when there are no official updates on certain versions. Take for example the Sense 3.5 release. We never got it officially, so we're running all Sensation XL ports - and Lowveld has done an amazing job on it with Endymion - but we still don't know if we would've had a better ROM is it was based on a DS update (too bad there wasn't any). And before that, there were many ports of Sense 3.0, the best of the which still came from one or the other DS official update, not from the Sensation, as it had originally started out with... Even today, the best Sense 3.0 ROMs for the DS are still based on the official update.

I'm just thinking out loud here...
    Come on gentlemen, lets not be so easily fooled, I require physical evidence as proof before I believe such news...

That's simply too good to be true......which makes me instantly suspect that it's not

We will get it, just not yet....patience

Swyped from my Desire S using XDA Premium
    Now back on topic :)
    Some good news.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1558524

Hopefully we will get it at the same time.

from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    Well,I just read a litle over there and the last statements regarding the saga were(german first)

Also wenn das stimmt wäre das ja der Hammer und eine super Leistung von HTC. Aber laut dem Kundendienst wird das Update für das Desire S noch nicht ausgerollt. Im Artikel steht auch, das bis jetzt nur ein Leser berichtet hat das ICS Update bekommen zu haben. Ich kann mir kaum vorstellen dass das stimmt.

and the answer was...

diese Aussage ist falsch! Ich kann dir aus einer sicherer Quelle sagen, dass das Desire S auch "momentan" das Update bekommt.

Short translation ...
    Customer service said that the update,for the saga, isn't rolling out just yet.
    Also he said that the article says that so far only one user reported that he got the ics update.

The answer from Android Support to this was that the statement made by the customer service is false and that he(Android Support) knows from a trustworthy source that the update for the saga is rolling out right now aswell.
    Small edit:momentan which he put in quotes means currently,but with the quotes it doesn't really mean right now but now or in the near future.
    Just to clarify this a little.

---
    Still this ain't really proof of anything and I just wanted to bring you guys up to date with the latest infos over there,but on the other hand it does sound kinda promising.
    Well,I guess the next days will show whether they were right or not.:)