[Q] Help, Swype annoyances/issues

Search This thread

itsxiao

Jan 28, 2011
New York
So I've been using swype recently and some things really bug me and have no idea how to fix it. Every time I want to type something and the swype keyboard comes up, it always has the selector arrow present. So if i want to type anything that starts in the upper left right where W is, I have to wait like 3 seconds for the arrow to disappear otherwise, accidentally hit the arrow.

PS. can someone also tell me how to DELETE words. "Soooooo" is in the dictionary for some reason -_-

itsxiao

Jan 28, 2011
New York
when you first hit a text box, the swype keyboard comes up. there is a selector slider arrow in the text field, light blue right where the "W" key is on the captivate portrait mode.

i know of the user dictionary, however, is there a way to delete the built swype words..

capocaccia

Mar 16, 2011
Oxford
when you first hit a text box, the swype keyboard comes up. there is a selector slider arrow in the text field, light blue right where the "W" key is on the captivate portrait mode.

i know of the user dictionary, however, is there a way to delete the built swype words..

I dont think there is a way to delete from the prebuilt dictionary unless you modified the root file somehow.

Heres a little bit on swype though. I love it. I have used it for almost 2 years now as my only keyboard because Im sold on texting and typing with one hand. Heres the bad part. Swype tries to be an application that can go on almost any Android phone. This attempt to be universal really makes for an application that doesnt perform to its peak on any one phone. To elaborate, swype always has background processes running. Why? Why does a keyboard need that? Second, it does have bugs. More than once it just stopped letting me input text and I was forced to uninstall and reinstall the beta application.

So pick your poison here. You can deal with an app that isnt going to ever be what it could be, or pick a keyboard made for your phone or just one made better. (I stuck with swype.)

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
Pretty sure the stock keyboard runs in the background too. And when it locks up on you, just switch to the stock keyboard and it will have frozen too. Then switch back

Sent from my CM9 ICS i897 Captivate

bravomail

Jan 12, 2011
Detroit
Swype pet peeves

It turned out to a bloatware with Swype connect spying on you.
I'm using stock Samsung KB on ICS, it has my 2 languages. Not ideal for everyone. There is also Android KB which has all the langs.:eek: